Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
Hi everyone, hoo boy online dating is a minefield these days, am I right?

Anyway, I'm putting together an online dating profile and just want to make sure that I'm doing enough to look interesting without potentially alienating anyone willing to have sex with me. Here's what I've got so far. I'd welcome any feedback.

Hobbies:

I'll say that I enjoy hiking, obviously. I think it'd cover a lot of bases to say that I enjoy reading, but I also don't want to sound like a nerd... who is a cool author to pretend to like? I was thinking of Hunter S. Thompson, but I don't want to sound like a druggy, or alienate anyone who likes Richard Nixon. Haruki Murakami, maybe? Too exotic?

Other possibilities for hobbies: windsurfing (too intimidating? Also, I don't actually know how to do this), knitting (too twee?), cooking desserts (makes me sound like a fatass?).

Personality:

I think I've already got down most of the sexually appealing adjectives to describe myself: brooding, creative, virile, helpful, lithe... any I've missed?

Films:

Everyone like films, but which ones are most likely to make me look interesting enough to sleep with? Chirstopher Nolan's films are great for film nerds, but I don't think anyone else going to jump my bones after watching "The Dark Knight" or that other one he did. Maybe pretending to like French cinema is a safe bet? But I don't want to be stuck there reading subtitles for two hours if they actually like that poo poo. Star Wars is right out, obviously. Are there any avante-garde films I can say I've watched that'll still get me gently caress points with the normies?

The Israel / Palestine Conflict:

Having some trouble with this one. I initially wrote how sad the whole situation made me feel and that I hoped for a fair fight, but I'm not sure if these sorts of common-sense solutions are considered particularly sexy these days. Maybe I should just muse about how hosed up the world is for a couple of paragraphs to cover all bases? Might give me the chance to address the whole Ukraine debacle while I'm at it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wine: Red, or White??

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

https://vimeo.com/665598

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The oceans, dolphins, sunrises, breakfast in bed, island museums.....

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You didn't make it clear enough that you're looking for a partner in crime.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
"I just want to gently caress and smoke weed, I wash my rear end and won't call you any derogatory terms unless you're into that."

"I have a dog and a beard"

"Favorite food: rear end and pussy, in that order :twisted:"

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I'll gently caress you

for a price!

:hehe:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
No, you should totally say that you're into violent murder so you can get all the complete degenerate insane types, I hear they're really wild in bed!

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
say that you respect women at least once every twenty minutes even if its unrelated to whatever you are currently talking about

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Candles, as my research has led me to believe.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Just looking for my best friend. Who also likes to gargle my balls.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

You need some TikTok dances ready to go on deck.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Pretend to be the good zodiac sign, whichever it is

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mexican Soap Operas. Also bonus Mexican weather forecasters.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Working out. A little modeling. Long drives in your luxury sports car. Eating at fine restaurants. Going to the best shows. Parties in your mansion. International travel, for fun. Looking deeply into a beautiful woman (or whatever)'s eyes...

You'd better have that sports car when you meet them though. And be cashed up and not ugly.

Edit: More serious answer - Don't even mention politics (except maybe just to say you 'swing Left' or whatever), and don't complain about anything at all, what the gently caress?

Also if you use a dating website, they'll sell all your personal info.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Nov 18, 2023

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
"I enjoy NOT having implicitly Machiavellian attitudes towards human relationships"

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I definitely don’t enjoy talking about Star Trek or collecting anime toys!

Mahatma-Squid
Nov 22, 2004

One of the last true gentlemen left alive . ';,,,,,,,,;'
Penis.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lava Lamps, Redbull in a glass, the esoteric nature of our mortal existence....

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
Don’t forget to say that you love to laugh, but don’t put a picture on your profile of you dressed as a clown; you’ll look like a serial killer.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Martinis, dirty.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Giving oral
The stupid poo poo your date cares about
Spending $ on others

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!

Internetjack posted:

Martinis, dirty.

“I like my martinis like I like my rear end”

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

"I just want to gently caress and smoke weed, I wash my rear end and won't call you any derogatory terms unless you're into that."

I think this covers the salient points

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t think you should lie to people you want to have relations with op

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Sucking dick OP.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Girls want to hear about which operating system is the best

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Caesar Saladin posted:

Girls hate Windows! Linux or Leave Us

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Caesar Saladin posted:

they love it when you say they're like a hip-hop operating system

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

You gotta put that you enjoy traveling, hiking, reading, and hanging out with family and friends. Do NOT put that you spend most of your time masturbating and farming in old school runescape. Put traveling.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
when you are checking out women through the gym mirrors it is important to maintain eye contact if yours should meet for a couple seconds then smile. At that point go introduce yourself otherwise you come off as a psycho creep. hth

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
Kayaking, also buy a kayak.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Girls love all of the warhammer 40k factions explained

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Women

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Flowers and small chocolates

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
the band James

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Include "I'm saving myself for marriage". That'll get you them conservative types.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

redshirt posted:

rear end candles,

plasticbones
Aug 4, 2023
You need at least one photo of you at a Cambodian temple. If you haven't been, photoshop yourself in front of one. Include a caption about how enlightening your trip was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Nothing. Stay true to yourself. If someone can't handle you at your worst they don't deserve you at your even worse.