Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
No Collision (again) :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Suplex Liberace posted:

there ahould be no strikes in wrestling imho

Open hands and flat boots only, and don’t you loving dare toss someone over the top rope.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

magiccarpet posted:

Ever since going to a live show, my wife always reminds me of just how poo poo Claudio's uppercuts look

Elranthan
Jul 10, 2005

Wut?

not an empty quote

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TheSwizzler posted:

Open hands and flat boots only, and don’t you loving dare toss someone over the top rope.

if they go to the top rope the police at ringside should be allowed to open fire on them

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Didn't WCW have a "no moves over the top rope" rule basically right up until the NWO happened?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Drakkel posted:

Didn't WCW have a "no moves over the top rope" rule basically right up until the NWO happened?

They only had that rule when Watt's ran the company cause Watt's sure did love 80's rules along with his racism

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

KungFu Grip posted:

if they go to the top rope the police at ringside should be allowed to open fire on them

Some motherfucker killed the town, two suplexes in one match, now every outlaw mud show has some hotshot going up top for a double axe handle and killing the business

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

TheSwizzler posted:

Some motherfucker killed the town, two suplexes in one match, now every outlaw mud show has some hotshot going up top for a double axe handle and killing the business

You hear about that cocksucker who only worked a headlock for 15 minutes the other day? Now we can't run southeastwestern Louisiana for the next six months until those people stop wanting all this flashy bullshit that's gonna put everyone in a wheelchair.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Three video packages, two "arrives in a car" shots.....hmmmm.......

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MJeff posted:

oh wow its tony hawk who the hell cares!!!

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
So, exactly what is AEW Dynamite these days? Originally, I saw it as a Monday Nitro type, but it is feeling like 2009 TNA right now.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

its the best drat weekly wrestling show ever

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

TelevisedInsanity posted:

So, exactly what is AEW Dynamite these days? Originally, I saw it as a Monday Nitro type, but it is feeling like 2009 TNA right now.

It's easily the best weekly wrestling show if you enjoy wrestling.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

you didn't watch a lot of 2009 TNA did you

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Suplex Liberace posted:

its the best drat weekly wrestling show ever

Shard posted:

It's easily the best weekly wrestling show if you enjoy wrestling.

:wrong:

That's Collision.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MJeff posted:

there have been 17 pre tapes since this post

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

:wrong:

That's Collision.

you know what, I won't argue. I don't watch it as much but I bet it's great.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
get this. tony... cuck

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

TelevisedInsanity posted:

This is not true. I more or less enjoyed 2009 TNA

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Mone better have some good matches cause she's sucking all the air out of the tbs title scene

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

get this. tony... cuck

YOU:VE CROSEED THE LINE

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Parallax posted:

Mone better have some good matches cause she's sucking all the air out of the tbs title scene

how? the match was really good. She was basically a non factor in that. I mean here presence didn't make the match bad for you did it?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
TNA Impact 3/30/2009

Abdul Bashir, Kiyoshi & NO LIMIT (Naito & Yujiro) defeat The Latin American Exchange (Hernandez & Homicide) & Lethal Consequences (Consequences Creed & Jay Lethal) (3:55)

Team 3D (Brother Devon & Brother Ray) defeat The Main Event Mafia Security (Rocco & Sal) (3:53)

Taylor Wilde defeats Madison Rayne (w/Angelina Love & Velvet Sky) (2:54)

Scott Steiner defeats AJ Styles (9:55)

Sting defeats Samoa Joe by DQ (1:42)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
NO LIMIT BROS LET'S GOOOOOOOO

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Shard posted:

how? the match was really good. She was basically a non factor in that. I mean here presence didn't make the match bad for you did it?

I wouldn't say the match was really good. It was fine. Mone was terrible on commentary, and op was talking about the TBS title scene, which is now a mess because of Mercedes.

Mercedes wants revenge on Willow (I guess?).

Julia Hart is staring daggers at Mercedes.

Willow just won a title shot against Julia at the ppv.

Unless this is turning into a three way I am baffled.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://youtu.be/NrKXawCAw6g?si=9OfyzlUoGg9LGI9O

this is what aew is like now

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

1glitch0 posted:

I wouldn't say the match was really good. It was fine. Mone was terrible on commentary, and op was talking about the TBS title scene, which is now a mess because of Mercedes.

Mercedes wants revenge on Willow (I guess?).

Julia Hart is staring daggers at Mercedes.

Willow just won a title shot against Julia at the ppv.

Unless this is turning into a three way I am baffled.

Willow will beat Julia, who she has been feuding with, and then Mercedes will want to wrestle Willow, who she has history with. Statlander may turn heel. Stokely is around. It's not that difficult.

They should probably run Mercedes vs. Skye Blue or something at the PPV. It's strange she hasn't had a match yet but I'm hoping it's soon. Gonna guess she's still healing.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Willow will beat Julia, who she has been feuding with, and then Mercedes will want to wrestle Willow, who she has history with. Statlander may turn heel. Stokely is around. It's not that difficult.

They should probably run Mercedes vs. Skye Blue or something at the PPV. It's strange she hasn't had a match yet but I'm hoping it's soon. Gonna guess she's still healing.

so why were they teasing Julia vs Mercedes?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Probably cause Julia has one of the two womens titles and the other one is tied up?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Drakkel posted:

Probably cause Julia has one of the two womens titles and the other one is tied up?

But as Erin pointed out Mercedes will be feuding with Willow, not Julia.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

No, Khan just wants her first match to be on PPV because he wants to pull out the string of "hey look! It's this new person! Come see this new person! Wow! Wooooooow! Are they wrestling anybody yet? Hey, come look at this new person! Woooooooow!"

He did it with Sting, he did it with Punk, this is just one of his booking quirks.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

MJeff posted:

No, Khan just wants her first match to be on PPV because he wants to pull out the string of "hey look! It's this new person! Come see this new person! Wow! Wooooooow! Are they wrestling anybody yet? Hey, come look at this new person! Woooooooow!"

He did it with Sting, he did it with Punk, this is just one of his booking quirks.

It's fair enough, and not bad booking in a vacuum, but there's a long wait from now 'til the PPV. Such is life when you have to have the big Boston show, I suppose. I wanna see her wrestle!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

1glitch0 posted:

so why were they teasing Julia vs Mercedes?

Wrestling is built on dangling strings and breadcrumbs and by setting up multiple rivalries it allows for an interlocking web of characters and matches for the future, especially when a new wrestler with a lot of hype shows up. Anna Jay was a new wrinkle thrown in tonight, as well. There are several matches that could come out of the four-way plus Mercedes that may happen in the future.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Drakkel posted:

in what way is the other one tied up because the world title scene feels dead in comparison

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Ringside collectibles accidentally leaked an apparent new gimmick for Adam Cole

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

1glitch0 posted:

But as Erin pointed out Mercedes will be feuding with Willow, not Julia.

Julia is clearly irritated that this huge star has shown up and has entered her orbit. Would you like for her to completely ignore Mercedes instead?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
As she's going to be in AEW for longer than a single match, I think there's a decent chance that Mercedes may eventually wrestle both Willow and Julia.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MJeff posted:

As she's going to be in AEW for longer than a single match,

hashtag sus

hashtag doubt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Ratings dropping hard, but still third behind sports. Last two shows have been stellar, so it's not show quality. Guess Meltzer is right and it's hard being #2.