Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Billionaires naturally hate tag teams because a team is kind of like a union, he can’t help it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
AEW Dark was fun and removing it was a mistake, where can I see goofy jobber poo poo now? :(

Also stop hiring mid-level wrestlers because they have THE LOOK~!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Numero6 posted:

where can I see goofy jobber poo poo now? :(

The AEW world title scene!!!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Numero6 posted:

AEW Dark was fun and removing it was a mistake, where can I see goofy jobber poo poo now? :(

yeah!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

YEAH!!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tony’s handling of the entire Elite/Punk fallout was embarrassingly bad. Threw away years worth of big money matches/feuds by not knowing how to manage his talent and nip something like that in the bud.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Arguing with Punk people as a diehard Hangman fan was fun. MJF on top is company cancer from day one doing his long long man shtick and only gets worse, detracting from everything around him including his own matches not held together by Bryan loving Danielson

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Tony’s handling of the entire Elite/Punk fallout was embarrassingly bad. Threw away years worth of big money matches/feuds by not knowing how to manage his talent and nip something like that in the bud.

:yeah:

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Whoa....

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

its actually good for business when talent doesn't get along

absolute clown poo poo lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Punk should be a lesson in why nostalgia is never worth chasing, another case of fan Tony loving business Tony

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Though business Tony is loving things by making the presentation WWE lite

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Punk should be a lesson in why nostalgia is never worth chasing, another case of fan Tony loving business Tony

Disagree

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

tony should book more women's matches

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I think they made a huge mistake at the ppv by not revealing The Devil. Seems like the time was right.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the problem with Elite/Punk was that on screen talent shouldnt also be the bosses and Tony should stop trying to be friends and one of the boys and be the Boss

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Santana/Ortiz and Smash Bros were good. Lucha Bros feel like an after thought half the time but i get thats between sharing them with another promotion, visa issues, and injuries but I feel like a company with money like AEW should be able to be more up on the visa issues, specially if youre running a big international show and cant get those people into other countries.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There was a time when PnP should have gotten the tag belts. They were super hot. I was never into the Dark Order though.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Those teams all sucked because they were in AEW, got that stank on them unfortunately

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

There was a time when PnP should have gotten the tag belts. They were super hot. I was never into the Dark Order though.

Dark Order's peak, besides being Brodie's lackies, was when they were best buds with Hangman coming to his aid against the evil Elite and then they lost and Hangman became friends with the Elite afterwards and slowly tony khan either didnt sign or split their members off and shoved the stable to the side.

Remember when they were airing new Dark Order video packages recently where it seemed like they were going back to their recruiting cult style?

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I have no confidence the continental classic is completely booked yet.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Dark Order’s peak was over 10 years ago in PWG

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

NienNunb posted:

The Dark Order’s peak was over 10 years ago in PWG

its not their fault canada boarder loving sucks

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Where’s stu gone again

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Sticky Nate posted:

I have no confidence the continental classic is completely booked yet.

I've been yearning for years for an AEW round-robin, and while I'm still excited for the C2 it feels like they've done everything in their power to kill interest

- Not even half of the participants revealed with the tournament starting in three days
- The unnecessary complications of the Triple Crown
- TK berating fans to watch the thing

It's still going to be great because the matches will still be great regardless of the circumstances, I'm just annoyed at having to describe more and more of AEW like that

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 20, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tony trying to be Dana White is really funny. My man cannot pull it off, even when it is "angry short boxercise coach who only has a gig because his mate was rich"

Kurash
May 12, 2008

The General Discussion thread's propensity to gloss over legitimate criticism with monotone, one braincell non-comments that are half forced ignorance and half personal attack loving sucks

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kurash posted:

The General Discussion thread's propensity to gloss over legitimate criticism with monotone, one braincell non-comments that are half forced ignorance and half personal attack loving sucks

We’re not doing that here thanks

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
thats for the feedback thread

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

aew is tna with more money. i'm half expecting all the wwe guys to get together and form an nwo/mem stable to make the "kids" pay their dues

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
sorry about your wife

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Peanut President posted:

aew is tna with more money. i'm half expecting all the wwe guys to get together and form an nwo/mem stable to make the "kids" pay their dues

Punk tried this and failed

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

KungFu Grip posted:

sorry about your wife

im posting through my grief

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
literally guffawed at eddie kingston putting his two belts into the mix with the "Continental Title" (Is this distinct from the International One?!?) to be merged in a big tournament that starts soon with barely any participants announced. the belt situation is complete loving parody at this point

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Tony Khan's flaws as a booker.

1) Will fight tooth and nail to keep the plan in place even when it's akin to chewing gum for 11 hours straight and expecting it to retain its flavor.
2) WAY too loving fond of Adam Cole. Also too fond of Britt Baker but Britt was the only woman in the division remotely capable of portraying a character on the stick so I can't completely blame him for this one.
3) Gave up on booking shows in advance. You can change the matches if people get injured Tony. That's why we have 'card subject to change' on the tickets.
4) Gives MJF too much TV time which MJF then fills with either 'grabbing apples off the ground' cheap heat or wacky New Generation antics.
5) Is slowly giving way to more and more WWE-isms of which not booking shows in advance is one. (The TV monitors, taking away the ratings, invisible camera man segments). Not a huge deal but how far does this slide go.
6) Seems a bit reluctant to put gender-non conforming wrestlers on TV. He flushed Sonny Kiss down to TNA and has reduced Nyla Rose to a heater in a division that could frankly use more Nyla Rose and a little less everybody else in the division. (Would not be surprised if this was a WB mandate since Tony had no problem making Nyla women's champion in the opening months of Dynamite)
7) Giving hot rookie acts a winning streak out of the gate is great for maintaining their popularity and optics but is terrible for actually teaching them how to grow as performers. (specifically referring to Hook and Jade Cargill here).

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

they already did 😔

When did he mean tweet about Beepie? :confused:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

the funny part about the naming of the continential title is the announcers will absolutely gently caress up the names of it and the intercontinental title on pbp. i can hear the taz flubs now.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

NienNunb posted:

Folks,

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

NienNunb posted:

the fact that tony didn't cover punk's mic as soon as he started badmouthing other talent and usher him away is insanity.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Arguing with Punk people as a diehard Hangman fan was fun.

agreed but reversed and if punk did end up being the devil i would probably mark the gently caress out again (he's v obv not the devil)

dont get me wrong i still love me some aew but the "what the gently caress were they thinking" segments are getting distressingly common

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
Going to drop my highly controversial opinion here:

The belts never should have been named "TBS" or "TNT", always thought that was a stupid idea. Just call them the TV and Women's TV championships, that way you can move to a new network someday without having to rename and redesign them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
Listen everyone, I may not know alot about AEW Hell but I have read Dante's Inferno and if it's similar then I think the only way out is to have Virgil guide Tony thru each of the 9 circles. Pretty sure Virgil will do it for $50.