Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

post hole digger posted:

all in is 4 months away. that story does not have 4 minutes worth of legs left to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

how about those trios titles huh... would be a shame if that story were to go to... say... 2025 :hehe:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

post hole digger posted:

all in is 4 months away. that story does not have 4 months worth of legs left to it.

Take it to Double or Nothing.

Honestly, I think this is one of the big issues with AEW and has been for a while. I appreciate a slowburn storyline as much as the next person, but quite often things get dragged out or the same point keeps getting made over and over. The Baker/Hayter split had been teased for ages, and that has yet to be resolved to a satisfactory conclusion (injury-related issues aside).

That, plus the over-reliance on certain crutches, e.g., MJF with the diamond ring year-in year-out, or Britt Baker retaining the women's title well-past the point where she should've dropped it because all her matches just had ungodly amounts of endless bullshit in it - although I did appreciate heel Toni Storm calling out apparently face Britt Baker for being a rank hypocrite about the manner in which she won her title. "You kept retaining your belt because of all the bullshit you and your friends pulled to help you keep it including at my expense that one time, and then suddenly it's all 'oi, mate, that's out of order, so it is,' as soon as you have it done to you? gently caress off." Someone explain to me how Toni was apparently the heel in this situation?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I hate people fantasy booking certain matches for All In the same way I hate how people do it for Wrestlemania.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

post hole digger posted:

all in is 4 months away. that story does not have 4 months worth of legs left to it.

Sure it does. Nobody books long term like Tony Khan these days!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
There is no story, Mariah is just Toni's lackey and will be for awhile. just like when Jamie returns so will Britt to be Britt's eternal lackey.

also shout out to tony not knowing what to do with a trios title that was meant to just be a young bucks and kenny vanity title, lol roh trios title too. just unify them tony

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I just hate how making Mariah "previous Toni Storm" wiped out any of her own personality or ability to explore her own gimmick.

Hopefully the Stardom interactions change that.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

how about those trios titles huh... would be a shame if that story were to go to... say... 2025 :hehe:

The monkey's paw to Tony watching how poo poo Billy Gunn vs Switchblade was and realizing Billy can't go one-on-one anymore. Keeping him in the trios title scene for another year or two

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tony Khan has never seen a storyline he couldn’t book into a holding pattern indefinitely, don’t test him

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

There is no story, Mariah is just Toni's lackey and will be for awhile. just like when Jamie returns so will Britt to be Britt's eternal lackey.

also shout out to tony not knowing what to do with a trios title that was meant to just be a young bucks and kenny vanity title, lol roh trios title too. just unify them tony

Hayter wasn't Britt's lackey when she got hurt, if anything Britt became Jamie's

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Dango Bango posted:

I just hate how making Mariah "previous Toni Storm" wiped out any of her own personality or ability to explore her own gimmick.

The difference is I trust that this is actually going to lead to something.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Shard posted:

Hayter wasn't Britt's lackey when she got hurt, if anything Britt became Jamie's

they're were still tied at the waist when they should have split way before jamie's singles push instead of all the will they wont they swerves

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

they're were still tied at the waist when they should have split way before jamie's singles push instead of all the will they wont they swerves

see I liked the will they wont they in this instance because it was won't they and they just stayed friends and Britt was supportive which was cool

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

History Comes Inside! posted:

Tony Khan has never seen a storyline he couldn’t book into a holding pattern indefinitely, don’t test him

Tony's a pacifist at heart. He doesn't like having confrontations behind the scenes or on his wrestling shows. No reason to have a big blow-up where people with simmering tensions explode into a fight on ppv. Best to just let their frustrations and beefs peter out over the course of weeks or months or even years! until they eventually quietly go their separate ways.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

hangman page drank swerve strickland's blood

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

That's literally the plot of All About Eve

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Seriously. Just google the movie. That movie is the story they're doing.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

qr code?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
i can tell the future and what's going to happen is that mariah is going to take more and more of toni's personality until....hold on let me check my notes......she has scott summers baby and sends it through time

yeah that sounds about right, booker of the year my rear end

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

When juice comes back it should be with Mariah.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Shard posted:

see I liked the will they wont they in this instance because it was won't they and they just stayed friends and Britt was supportive which was cool

These fedbrains can't understand wrestlers being true friends with each other

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Aew needs a group to do an All About Steve-based storyline

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tony had sex with me

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Cavauro posted:

tony had sex with me

Was the feeling back?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MorningMoon posted:

Was the feeling back?

He was hitting the back that's for sure

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

hangman page drank swerve strickland's blood

he drinks a lot of things

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

STING 64 posted:

he drinks a lot of things

oh mah gawd...

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

MJeff posted:

Brother, I haven't even seen Rocky III

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

I'm sure she's doing other stuff, but given how she came in along with Mone and is like her personal writer, it really feels like Pepperman is stealing a living at the moment.

"Okay this week you're gonna do another promo. Make sure you say 'CEO' a bunch. Also don't forget those catchphrases we've not managed to get over yet. Yeah, the ones where you rhyme 'Pay' with 'Mone' If you get stuck just do that little bouncy dance where you show everyone the backs of your hands"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

mone is also stealing a living lol

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The CEO theme will be played on endless loop until you see the light and cheer for your boss

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
jay white on a preshow multiman again. what'd he do to tony lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he's 100% going to the fed

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

jays just out there having fun

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

jays just out there having fun

Juice isn't there anymore, so I either don't believe this or don't want to believe this

Juice :smith:

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
jay is a hell of an entertainer and he's doing his best but this man deserves better than to be stuck wrestling on the preshow with mr rear end. he's probably going to lose too lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Bill rear end Vortex

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The Bang Bang Gang will unify the belts. I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
On the one hand, Jay White should not be losing anything right now. On the other, I don't want these belts on the useless stupid garbage dumbfuck loving Acclaimed anymore.

If there's one thing worse than ex-WWE guys who mope about doing jobs, it's the fuckin' Create A Pro dorks, because they're just ex-WWE guys who haven't even been to WWE yet. GET 'EM ALL OFF MY FUCKIN TV.