Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The aew thread is the real mecca thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Did you know that AEW fans originally prayed towards Stanford before moving Mecca to Jacksonville?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The AEW Mecca thread is the AEW thread.
The AEW Hell thread is the AEW thread.
Reddit is the AEW Hell thread.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Shard posted:

it sunk into the abyss of anything past page 2.

The day the hootin and hollerin died.

Just kidding. That's when WBD doesn't give them a new tv deal.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

AEW Mecca thread is every thread in PSP. This thread was supposed to be an oasis in the desert for the discerning fan but it’s fully become a Meat Glazing Station.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

NienNunb posted:

AEW Mecca thread is every thread in PSP. This thread was supposed to be an oasis in the desert for the discerning fan but it’s fully become a Meat Glazing Station.

All Friends Posting.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

This took me a minute because I’m a dumb moron

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

Meat Glazing Station.

What do you mean by this?

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

DLC Inc posted:

I still absolutely love that seminal match he had with Darby where he was doing incredible poo poo. Same with his under the radar match with Takeshita early in his title run. I forgot how good he was because he started leaning so hard into the kangaroo kick and double clothesline stuff which wasn’t initially bad but again, it got run into the ground. But given how banged up his body was getting I don’t think I can blame him.

my favorite mjf match was the one at dailys where he hopped around on one leg and threw sammy 15 feet into the timekeeper's table

JUNGLE BOY posted:

What do you mean by this?

fellatio

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Maybe just maybe AEW has become good again?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Only joking 🤣🤣🤣

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Deonna Purrazzo shouldn't have signed with AEW if she was just going to become another Taya Valkyrie.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

Deonna Purrazzo shouldn't have signed with AEW if she was just going to become another Taya Valkyrie.

She probably wanted to get paid.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Only joking 🤣🤣🤣

god drat you got me!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Edward Mass posted:

what's wrong with Taya? She's doing great in ROH

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Edward Mass posted:

Deonna is in the world title mix which is way further than Taya ever got.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pylons posted:

She probably wanted to get paid.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

some wrestling fans (nobody here in particular 😉) are so stupid it makes me weep

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Taya Valkyrie basically had one feud then got sent to the RoH mines because she fuckin' stinks, Purazzo will probably stick as a female midcarder.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Purazzo also stinks to be fair.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szFj2ROOsio

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Excalibur voice: "Actually Taz shooting rope is a misnomer, those are high steel suspension cables"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

any time I see Deanna on AEW i just mash fast-forward. and that's no cap

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yeah but less than Taya.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

maybe if tony signs the entire TNA women's division people will stop pretending it has been good these past few years

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Deonna suffers from the same thing that a bunch of ~technical wrestlers~ do, which is that American audiences generally aren’t particularly impressed by technically proficient wrestling that doesn’t involve flashy Moves. And then she suffers from a second thing specific to her, which is that she’s actually not notably great at the technical stuff

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

she also sucks on promos

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
She’s alright there to me. Used to be notably worse if you would believe it

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
Taya is starring in a hit reality show on YouTube, I think she's doing fine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sunday's preshow is gonna be a turning point for this thread, when the perfidious trios division is brought to heel at last...

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Looking forward to universal trios champion Billy gunn

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Deonna Derangement is running wild.

Dave and Bryan got into a screaming match last night where Bryan kept insisting that the crowd wasn't into Deonna despite the crowd very vocally being into Deonna. Which lead to Dave arguing passionately that the crowd was into her which led to Bryan screaming that he'll get the tape and prove it and Dave yelled GET THE TAPE!.

So clearly Deonna Derangement is going around. Get vaxxed if you can.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i wish this thread could get vaxxed from your posting :hehe:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

Dave and Bryan got into a screaming match last night where Bryan kept insisting that the crowd wasn't into Deonna despite the crowd very vocally being into Deonna. Which lead to Dave arguing passionately that the crowd was into her which led to Bryan screaming that he'll get the tape and prove it and Dave yelled GET THE TAPE!.

did he get the tape?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Shard posted:

did he get the tape?

Backed off like a punk.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

There's gonna be a random mailbag question three years later bringing this up lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

Backed off like a punk.

it would have been so easy! just watch it again.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Dango Bango posted:

There's gonna be a random mailbag question three years later bringing this up lol

I hope so because for some inexplicably reason this got them both immediately heated.

Shard posted:

it would have been so easy! just watch it again.

Mr. "I did not watch that" is gonna watch something AGAIN!?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

lol I'd get pissed to if someone told me something happened and then it turned out it was based on vibes or the tv volume being down drat lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

bryan watches on fast forward without sound. this couldnt have been more evident when he was surprised that they announced hook/jericho multiple times during the show for the PPV, because he did not have the audio on.