Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Survivor bounced back big with a 0.77 demo rating and 4.84 overall number, absolutely continuing the correlation that Jeff Probst is here to eat Tony Khan's lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Is survivor good I’ve never watched any of the big competition reality shows.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nah. try the devil's plan

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

it’s dog poo poo but we’re wrestling fans and don’t have much room to judge

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Cavauro posted:

That god drat ORBIT!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

it’s dog poo poo but we’re wrestling fans and don’t have much room to judge

What do you mean by this?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

its excellent.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this season in particular has one of the best casts of crazy people who actually showed up to play instead of just mug for tv time, it rules. bhanu was taken from us far too soon.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

STING 64 posted:

Survivor bounced back big with a 0.77 demo rating and 4.84 overall number, absolutely continuing the correlation that Jeff Probst is here to eat Tony Khan's lunch.

tony should go on survivor

by himself

no one else

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

C. Everett Koop posted:

tony should go on survivor

by himself

no one else

thats a different show

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Big Brother is the best.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I've watched the Survivor and Bachelor episodes of Game Changer and I assume those are better than the real thing.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Cavauro posted:

What if the monsters ball match in TNA was just a was to get a bonus puzzle piece to unlock a door

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Bryan and Dave should be recording through an old pair of rotary dialers, since they've become so adept at phoning it in.

MJeff posted:

The AEW Mecca thread is the AEW thread.
The AEW Hell thread is the AEW thread.
Reddit is the AEW Hell thread.

reddit/4chud/insta/fb/youtube etc are all strains of aew hell

FullMetalJackoff fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Apr 19, 2024

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Has anyone made a new version of the Punk/Joe meme where Punk is going "Are you Still in AEW" yet?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Has anyone made a new version of the Punk/Joe meme where Punk is going "Are you Still in AEW" yet?

Why would they do that?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Here’s a meme

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

4chud :grin:

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Eat My Fuc posted:

Here’s a meme

FullMetalJackoff posted:

hang it in the louvre

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Here’s a meme

What happened to my hell thread 😔

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

i genuinely think tony has started paying posters to astroturf itt

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He stopped buying ads on TNA so grandmas gift cash had to go somewhere

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

NienNunb posted:

same as it ever was

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i genuinely think tony has started paying posters to astroturf itt

People are getting paid for this? I've been blindly defending TK for free!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

im getting paid in will ospreay matches thank you tk

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

1) The promotion got better so people aren't as negative on it as they were last year.
2) Me and Jungle Boy were two of the last Punk holdouts besides you and we both gave up after the Helwani interview.

Both of these facts have made you feel significantly more isolated.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

looking back, it's crazy how bad aew was in late 2023

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i still like cm punk. mad?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I mean it took me until literally like two weeks ago to give up for good, so no, I'm not gonna judge anybody else's timeline.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

looking back, it's crazy how bad aew was in late 2023

It fuckin' sucked. It was fuckin' awful! I'm mad just thinkin' about it!!!!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That Devil poo poo got so awful I had to write a column about how bad it sucked. Do you know how loving lazy I am? Social media has completely rotted my brain's ability to write anything longer than a forum post without focusing all of my effort on it but I just banged out like 10 pages about how terrible the Devil was without breaking a sweat.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

1) The promotion got better so people aren't as negative on it as they were last year.
2) Me and Jungle Boy were two of the last Punk holdouts besides you and we both gave up after the Helwani interview.

Both of these facts have made you feel significantly more isolated.

hey now, i gave up on him after i tuned in to raw for punk’s return to wwe promo and he delivered a low energy, phoned in promo that he capped off with “i’m home” after i sat through 3 hours of the worst television i’ve seen in years.

and i’d turn on any other wrestler if they did the same

it also made me realize that as bad as aew had gotten at the end of the last year it was nowhere near as bad as papa h’s 3 hour water torture

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Sisal Two-Step posted:

We are the one thing the establishment fears

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Eddie Kingston and Orange Cassidy should form a tag team so I only have to fast forward through one match each week. They’re talented guys but the gimmicks. Ugh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

it also made me realize that as bad as aew had gotten at the end of the last year it was nowhere near as bad as papa h’s 3 hour water torture

That was like a week after Full Gear. That was a very dark time for me as a wrestling fan.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Sometimes all you need is a little perspective in your wrestling.

And with that perspective: thank god for Samoa Joe's title run. I'll never say I wasn't enjoying myself in the moment (except for MJF kicking out of the concrete DDT and the Jay White stuff I'm so angry :argh:) but what we've had the first half of the year has been so, so, so much better it's unreal.

(Also, admittedly, as much as it can suck in the moment, seeing the realization dawn on JB just how bad WWE was as he watched, only for the killing blow to be dealt with Punk's terrible promo...genuinely very funny.)

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Pillowpants posted:

Eddie Kingston and Orange Cassidy should form a tag team so I only have to fast forward through one match each week. They’re talented guys but the gimmicks. Ugh.

gas

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
I have been accused of a stalker!
What are you guys talking about, late 2023 AEW had the continental classic for six weeks

Wrestling never stopped being cool and good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jeroen posted:

What are you guys talking about, late 2023 AEW had the continental classic for six weeks

Wrestling never stopped being cool and good

it sucked rear end

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Trying to just watch some C2 matches and having to watch a cumulative half hour of garbage MJF storylines was so loving frustrating. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The C2 brought AEW back, it was the start of the restoration of that elusive "feeling"...

It also had Christian's hot run, the start of the Copeland feud, and lots of other good things, but the bad was distractingly rough at points and I don't think it's unfair to say so. A Tale Of Two Booking Philosophies