Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Yeah boring rear end "movie" chat is that-a-way *points to WWE thread*

Speaking of AEW smack talk I keep thinking about the potential to thin the roster. And I think part of the reason why the roster is as bloated as it is is because there's a certain tier that Tony just never books to lose. Because of that, he needs to have scores of wrestlers like Komander, Bryan Keith, Matt Sydal, Daddy Magic, Butcher, Blade, Brian Cage, Lee Moriarty, Shane Taylor, Action Andretti, Angelico, the Dark Order who are almost never booked to win. So it makes the weekly shows pretty predictable. I wish Tony would let his favs lose more often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Shane Taylor should have beaten Orange Cassidy.

Honestly it's part of why Copeland taking the pin in the HOB match surprised me so pleasantly. It felt like a good little story beat. There's a lot that having someone lose once in a while can help.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

hey MJeff I forgot to say it but I finally watched matrix 2 and 3 a few months ago. they rocked (3 has the unfortunate middle dip but the opening and closing acts are so so good so I forgive)

Oh uhhh on topic: to promote matrix 5 they should run the Wardlow vs. 100 guys gimmick again I think

They're so great. The freeway chase in Reloaded is one of my favorite action scenes ever.

Watch Ressurections, it's not as good as the orig trig but it's fascinating just as a portrait into Lana Wachowski's feelings on her own work.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Shane Taylor should have beaten Orange Cassidy.

Honestly it's part of why Copeland taking the pin in the HOB match surprised me so pleasantly. It felt like a good little story beat. There's a lot that having someone lose once in a while can help.

Nah, STP should be getting wins but OC shouldn't lose until he fights Trent.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

hey MJeff I forgot to say it but I finally watched matrix 2 and 3 a few months ago. they rocked (3 has the unfortunate middle dip but the opening and closing acts are so so good so I forgive)

Oh uhhh on topic: to promote matrix 5 they should run the Wardlow vs. 100 guys gimmick again I think

Neo Wardlow :hmmyes:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

The only good Wachowski’s film is Speed Racer

Eat my fuc

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

BCG won trios titles. Now they should throw them in the dump. Unless Juice comes back. Juice + Guns are good for trios I guess, but Jay needs a better belt.

Matrix 4 was good.

Edit: Wardlow should only wrestle against 10+ security members. That's it. Maybe sometimes just backstage instead of the ring.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

On The Internet posted:

BCG won trios titles. Now they should throw them in the dump. Unless Juice comes back. Juice + Guns are good for trios I guess, but Jay needs a better belt.

Matrix 4 was good.

Edit: Wardlow should only wrestle against 10+ security members. That's it. Maybe sometimes just backstage instead of the ring.

It would be a good way to mix things up if juice came back and they defended them freebirds rule style, but I agree jay white needs something else going on as a singles competitor too. Vs Roddy/undisputed kingdom might be interesting.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

On The Internet posted:

Matrix 4 was good.

All 📠

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

matrix 4 started out promising and toed the line of metatextuality without being cloying but poo poo the bed pretty much as soon as merovingian showed up looking like he’d spent the interim years trapped in jumanji

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Wardlow should be blown up with dynamite in the middle of the ring. Like the Mr. Show sketch about the moon. You've seen Warlow have a pony tail and do a power bomb. What else is there to do with him? AEW can and should detonate him

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

panko posted:

matrix 4 started out promising and toed the line of metatextuality without being cloying but poo poo the bed pretty much as soon as merovingian showed up looking like he’d spent the interim years trapped in jumanji

the third one ends in a way that is very satisfying as an arc, and the 4th one spends the entire movie setting things back to the beginning and I hate that in stories. Tell a new loving story in the universe don't ruin the old one.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Tato posted:

What else is there to do with him?

divas-style exploitation storylines but beefy

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Shard posted:

the third one ends in a way that is very satisfying as an arc, and the 4th one spends the entire movie setting things back to the beginning and I hate that in stories. Tell a new loving story in the universe don't ruin the old one.

that's because lana wachowski wanted to kill it for good this time OP, and for a little while it worked

then WB realized they could just get some other shitter to write and direct, someone who might try to tell a serious story

If you'd spent the 2000s-10s writing Cloverfield poo poo you'd be hungry for anything else too

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

There isn’t a single good fight scene in Matrix 4. They are all poorly shot. The choreography is not on the level of Eastern European D2DVD readymade action films, let alone the Hong Kong craft of the originals.

You can absolutely feel Wachowski gritting her teeth through those studio-mandated sequences so she can get back to what matters: her dogshit scriptwriting, all the new age PLUR slop she couldn’t get into Sense8 before they canceled it. She clearly didn’t want to be there, it’s clearly not the movie she wanted to make. That the parts she did want to make aren’t completely witless is down to the Cloud Atlas guy carrying her rear end.

The Wachowskis chasing script-driven thematic filmmaking over visual spectacle is like Jordan quitting the NBA to play baseball full time, if he’d also done a bunch of DMT and couldn’t stop talking abt it

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

you say that like bound isn’t script-driven and also their second or third best movie

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

take this poo poo to CD you nerds!!!! We're here to talk about why malakai won't job

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

panko posted:

you say that like bound isn’t script-driven and also their second or third best movie

It’s clear that at that early juncture, they’d either yet to make contact with the machine elves, or still had faculties to resist their influence

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

take this poo poo to CD you nerds!!!! We're here to talk about why malakai won't job

this truly has become QOP's hell

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Speaking of machine elves, what’s PAC up to

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Goldeneye is not even the best Rare N64 FPS.

Found the one guy who likes those sequences in Banjo-Tooie.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Basic Chunnel posted:

Speaking of machine elves, what’s PAC up to

Dave texted me that he's gonna join House Black to learn how to stand up to Tony asking him to do jobs.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Cody was right to beat this guy and everyone who complained about it needs to apologize.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Malakai won't job because in order to defeat him you have to collect all the notes in every level, which will allow Bottles to teach you the backbreaker.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I really hate to say it but pac is jobbing to the stars and making them look like a “million bucks” by selling as good as he always does

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pylons posted:

Found the one guy who likes those sequences in Banjo-Tooie.

You joke, but

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The best FPS is the arena mode in Smackdown Shut Your Mouth. Hanging around the concessions and giving The Hurricane poo poo.

Has any wrestling game ever had a first person camera mode in the ring? I know it would be unplayable but it would be a fun gimmick to get sick taking piledrivers.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tato posted:

The best FPS is the arena mode in Smackdown Shut Your Mouth. Hanging around the concessions and giving The Hurricane poo poo.

Has any wrestling game ever had a first person camera mode in the ring? I know it would be unplayable but it would be a fun gimmick to get sick taking piledrivers.

I’m pretty sure they added it to one of the Wrestling Empire updates.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I don't know how I feel about Jack Perry's scapegoat bit. He showed more character in a single smirk at the pape than the rest of his entire career combined, so it seems like it's good for him. At the same time, defining your character based on a wrestler who you are unlikely to ever wrestle against feels like a mistake.

If Jungle Boy and Punk do ever wrestle, what fed will it be in?

NOAH, when Punk is 60 and Perry is 40

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I can't give my opinion on Mr. Perry in the hell thread. It simply is not the correct venue.

The Undisputed Kingdom on the other hand... Unwashed filth!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tato posted:

I feel like this was a mode in one of the games on either the Wii or the DS?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bungle Boy Hack Perry

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Shard posted:

Perfect Dark is better

*on the 360 port

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hellblazer187 posted:

I don't know how I feel about Jack Perry's scapegoat bit. He showed more character in a single smirk at the pape than the rest of his entire career combined, so it seems like it's good for him. At the same time, defining your character based on a wrestler who you are unlikely to ever wrestle against feels like a mistake.

If Jungle Boy and Punk do ever wrestle, what fed will it be in?

NOAH, when Punk is 60 and Perry is 40

In general, wrestling acts that are based on a single thing don't last very long anyway (hello The Acclaimed). Perry is over because of this stuff, but it's gonna be up to him to use it as a springboard to something else. A good comp is the Bucks current gimmick, which used ribbing on the Punk stuff to embody a more generalized "lovely middle manager good cop-bad cop" gimmick.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Punk and Jungle Jack will have their first match in Northeast Wrestling.

Also he'll be fine since he's been over in AEW his entire time there. It's just this place that is cold on him.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

Punk and Jungle Jack will have their first match in Northeast Wrestling.

Also he'll be fine since he's been over in AEW his entire time there. It's just this place that is cold on him.

I've never been cold on Cactus Jack Perry

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I like Jack Perry just fine, he just needs more experience and he’s getting it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

Bungle Boy Hack Perry

feel bad that he got scapegoated

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

feel bad that he got scapegoated

https://youtu.be/YuDPdBpVanE?si=gLeRgb4HFeFvX5hj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

As far as "pillars" go Jungle Boy is below Max and Darby but above Sammy, who should be replaced as a pillar. Do they even talk about the pillars anymore?