Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
If that's true then perhaps.....AEW does deserve to die :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Drakkel posted:

It's just depressing at this point cause it feels like no matter what they do the ratings just get worse and worse and there's nowhere you can have any actual discussion about AEW cause it's just people screaming endlessly about how poo poo it is and how stupid you are for liking it and I dunno man maybe it should just loving die already so we can move on.

This is just goofy doomer nonsense. AEW is not going to die. Its ratings are fine. This past week's ratings were not good. The last two weeks, they had loaded shows that just did run-of-the-mill numbers. That's disappointing. It's also not a problem. AEW can do a flat or a bad number here and there and it's not a big deal. Their value to WBD is just that - their value relative to their cost, which is something that a network that's in the financial straits WBD is in is going to find a lot of value in, especially when they have to write a big-rear end check for the NBA soon.

Anybody who actually thinks AEW is going to die, including you, just doesn't know what the gently caress they're talking about. There's plenty of places to discuss AEW with people who do know what the gently caress they're talking about, including this place right here! This is a great place to discuss AEW, as long as you're not one of the people who says really stupid poo poo all the time.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’ll start: let’s discuss what’s going on with the trios division

Big fan of the Bang Bang Gang.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It's this. You can consume sky-is-falling reports and read hot take factories full of people spamming the empty arena photo and laugh-reacting to Bad Number all day or you can watch cool wrestling you like and think "drat, I liked that" and then be content. TK has enough money to run this thing forever. Eventually the media rights deal will drop as well.

I cannot overstress this enough. These media rights deals never go down. Raw and SmackDown's ratings have gone down since their last deal -- they both got increases, albeit they both had to move to arguably less desirable networks to do so because Nick Khan played traded exposure for money. Every single metric these goofs use to try to say AEW is about to die and about to be canceled, NXT never meets them either and they just got a deal with the CW. These deals never don't get signed and they never go down.

Also spoiler alert, SmackDown is gonna be doing worse ratings than Dynamite most weeks when it moves back to USA. All the people saying AEW's ratings are poo poo are probably gonna become big believers in the value of day of the week and cable vs. network when it comes to ratings expectations out of nowhere.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

This is a great place to discuss AEW, as long as you're not one of the people who says really stupid poo poo all the time.

I’ve got unbelievably bad news for you

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I’ve got unbelievably bad news for you

You're fine, you only say really stupid poo poo most of the time.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
You have to be really foolish to think AEW is an position to die. Like said above, WWE faced around a decade of declining ratings WELL ABOVE the rate of people cancelling cable. Always got an increase. Failing upward year after year. AEW's ratings actually track with cable cancellations. You'd also have to think that Tony has been spend happy without having an semblance of what kind of deal they are working with going forward. AEW was vastly undervalued even after the contract renegoation right before COVID. AEW is fine. It's not thriving right now, but considering it's first four years are unprecedented in the history of not only the wrestling business but the sports business as a whole, it's doing fine.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wish AEW was dying but sadly it probably isn’t.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Jericho is one of AEW’s only ratings draws so taking him off tv when the numbers continue to plummet might not be the best idea, methinks

how can you possibly know that when there is no ratings thread

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

UnleashedDad posted:

You have to be really foolish to think AEW is an position to die. Like said above, WWE faced around a decade of declining ratings WELL ABOVE the rate of people cancelling cable. Always got an increase. Failing upward year after year. AEW's ratings actually track with cable cancellations. You'd also have to think that Tony has been spend happy without having an semblance of what kind of deal they are working with going forward. AEW was vastly undervalued even after the contract renegoation right before COVID. AEW is fine. It's not thriving right now, but considering it's first four years are unprecedented in the history of not only the wrestling business but the sports business as a whole, it's doing fine.

this is Cope

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

and I ain’t talking Adam!!!

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
explain

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sisal Two-Step posted:

samoa joe saved tiny con's life and thats why hes the champ now. coincidence??

https://twitter.com/ShopAEW/status/1773711783649329523?s=20

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Making the worst people on the internet mad over a shirt that was released in January.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He's the final boss, he's the final boss, you're the final boss?! I'M THE FINAL BOSS!

Are there any more final bosses I should know about?!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

He's the final boss, he's the final boss, you're the final boss?! I'M THE FINAL BOSS!

Are there any more final bosses I should know about?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3740HILgBc

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Is the CEO the final boss or would that be the board of directors? Lots of bosses in wrestling, so much middle management.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

take pleasure in things you enjoy and don't let anyone get you down. enjoy the gift that is life

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MJeff posted:

I'd take odds on your death before I took odds on AEW's.

what kind of odds can you get on my death

i am very interested in going in with a group of investors if we can get good odds on my demise

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
PSP Tontine time

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I can explain. QOP says dumb things, as a joke

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

take pleasure in things you enjoy and don't let anyone get you down. enjoy the gift that is life

exactly right. The new godzilla movie got a 6 on ign but I had a hell of a time watching it with my son. gently caress folks that don't like what brings you joy. Assuming of course what brings you joy isn't something terrible. If it is, then whatever you do, don't enjoy it!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Why are the ROH Tag champions in the AEW Tag title tournaments and why are they losing to the half-team of OC and Trent?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

Not in my goddamn Hell Thread

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
tony kahn has never once experienced joy in his life

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

tony kahn has never once experienced joy in his life

And he never will if I have anything to say about it

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Why are the ROH Tag champions in the AEW Tag title tournaments and why are they losing to the half-team of OC and Trent?

hey they also recently lost to a hastily assembled team of joe and swerve

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

unfortunately tony kahns life seems full of joy, i wish him misery and personal ruin for having the audacity to book (your favorite wrestler)!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/justin_sofok/status/1773788617690816539?s=46&t=qMC4CWrJTLL6muchfMx13w

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

unfortunately tony kahns life seems full of joy, i wish him misery and personal ruin for having the audacity to book (your favorite wrestler)!

i want the bad things in life to happen to him and only him and also chuck taylor

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Thumbnail reminds me: Chono so deserved a better, actual run with the IWGP belt.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Sorry for freaking out last night I have had a real poo poo week and reading the internet on ratings day is always a terrible idea

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
tony kahn hasnt even awarded himself the belt like russo did smh

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
I mean if TNA can last this long I think AEW will be fine. Maybe Bischoff could teach TK how to ruin a wrestling company that badly, idk.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

edogawa rando posted:

Thumbnail reminds me: Chono so deserved a better, actual run with the IWGP belt.

Sadly by the time he figured out his character and nailed in ring charisma his neck was shot so they couldn't trust him to have a long run. Especially since it was the reason he had to vacate

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

And he never will if I have anything to say about it

You dont

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Goblin Queen posted:

I mean if TNA can last this long I think AEW will be fine. Maybe Bischoff could teach TK how to ruin a wrestling company that badly, idk.

i hope that if AEW ever reaches TNA’s level someone has the good sense to put it out of its misery

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Someone was a huge fan of Yngwie Malmsteen

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shard posted:

You dont

He does. NN is a lot closer to Tony than he lets on…

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

You are the lyingest liar whom has ever lied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

👀

Shard posted:

You dont

👁️👁️