Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

The “storytelling is the most important thing” fedcels were right all along….

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Waffleopolis posted:

Man, people are all doom & gloom about AEW now. Get over it.

Also, I'd fix all the problems AEW has by making everyone get along through threats of violence.

This is the aew doom and gloom thread

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s the AEW Hell thread

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

What other womens division has the courage to center their women's title around a repeatedly failed loaded butt spot

It's cool that the International and TBS titles are super important. Just bad they did that by making the world title in both divisions a joke

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

smarxist posted:

sign Fat gently caress Barrel Boy, coward TK

Been saying this

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Young Bucks are stuck in an endless loop of phoning it in while they either tease breaking up the elite or wrestler FTR.

SCU - Dead

Top Flight - always injured, dead

Bear Country - very dumb, lost all their heat, might as well be dead

P&P - Tony can't manage talent, dead

2.0 - currently in the most WWE poo poo of their life

Aussie Open - Welcome to the big leagues, hurt and dead.

Beaver Boys - in the worst faction in the company

Super smash bros - dead

Best friends - Tony rewards them for constantly killing themselves for his entertainment with a spot in the face.

Butcher and the Blade - ton of potential who needed a trainer, dead.

Hardy Boyz - should be dead and one of them is trying and being allowed to.

Private party - sorry kids, careers over, dead

ReDRagon - dead

AEW sucks for tag teams

Hybrid 2 - dead

Swerve in our glory - dead

AEW sucks for tag teams. Big Bill and Ricky are legitimately the most entertaining ones right now, deserve to hold the titles, and that's a bit sad.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

they all sucked from minute one actually

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

double for these GEEKS

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Every good tag team left does midcard matches while the Acclaimed get on top by the fact that it is very funny to say scissor me Daddy rear end

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Who were the beaver boys, silver and reynolds right? They're fun, doing combo moves. Probably the ones responsible for each dark order member being pried away.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

want to know how I'D fix things?

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

That DICK! posted:

Yeah

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

1. Never have hired pointless punk
2. Make the shows good instead of bad
3. Quintuple roh budget

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Young Bucks are stuck in an endless loop of phoning it in while they either tease breaking up the elite or wrestler FTR.

SCU - Dead

Super smash bros - dead

Best friends - Tony rewards them for constantly killing themselves for his entertainment with a spot in the face.

ReDRagon - dead

AEW sucks for tag teams

Hybrid 2 - dead

AEW sucks for tag teams. Big Bill and Ricky are legitimately the most entertaining ones right now, deserve to hold the titles, and that's a bit sad.

to be honest, at lot of these teams stank but i see your point

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That DICK! posted:

\

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Gumball Gumption posted:

SCU - Dead

Super smash bros - dead

ReDRagon - dead

AEW sucks for tag teams

Hybrid 2 - dead

hard agree on this. I'm not the biggest fan of tag wrestling in general (extended Iso tag sequences eat butt) but this company started with the best tag division in possibly any company ever and it was kind of amazing to see.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

SCU - Dead

Super smash bros - dead

ReDRagon - dead

AEW sucks for tag teams

Hybrid 2 - dead

The Days of Future Past cover but it’s all of these on the poster

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Young Bucks have depression because they can't fight their favorite opponents, The Lucha Bros. and hell, I can't blame em.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

to be honest, at lot of these teams stank but i see your point

A lot were but I think everyone on that list either came into the company hot or with "momentum" and "potential" and Tony wasted it. The best company for tag team wrestling is a graveyard

Edit: it's currently the division with the fewest titles and both of them are held by two guys thrown together

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 20, 2023

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think adding the Trios Titles as well but there being no real delineation of trios teams vs tags has hosed it all up

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

trios had potential as the workrate titles, the tournament was great, the best of 7 was great, then like everything else they got forgotten and then put on the scissor men (who used to be popular but now the old nostalgia guy is the selling point)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think adding the Trios Titles as well but there being no real delineation of trios teams vs tags has hosed it all up

The best of 7 might not have been worth anything that has come after. Should have just disappeared and never discussed again with the brawl out retcon.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i think focusing your trios division on teams like

HoB (malakai seems to wrestle once every six months and wanted to go back to the Fed)
Death Triangle (PAC more like MIA)
The Elite (lazy)

is a massive lol in hindsight

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

1. Never have hired pointless punk
2. Make the shows good instead of bad
3. Quintuple roh budget

you make a good point with #2 not sure about the other ones though

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

AEW has more great wrestlers now on the roster than they did back when the company started but somehow it feels like the wrestling matches they're having are less interesting. I would have enjoyed the Bucks vs Golden Jets match more if the build for it had not been so weak. Then MJF had a crazy match with Jay White and I could barely get into it because of how dumb the build was. Roderick Strong is now just the guy who yells Adam in a funny way. Toni Storm's a great wrestler with a completely nonsensical gimmick.

I think I started getting disillusioned in AEW when Statlander came back as a super babyface and won the title by cashing in on an already tired Jade.

That being said I'm pretty excited for the C2, I don't think they can gently caress that up.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
they should put the strap on no more bs paul wight the giant

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
for real though MJF's john cena gimmick is old. I never liked the dude in the first place so maybe I'm the wrong person but holy poo poo tony give the title to anyone else

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think a lot of their most misused roster members are guys that were over like rover in places like PWG but then Tony brought them in and had no idea what to do with them. He’s OP’s favorite punching bag but Chuck Taylor, when used right, is legitimately great in the right environment. Some acts just don’t work on weekly TV.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

mjf was exactly right when he said he was going to give everyone the reign from hell. but instead of imitating hhh he's imitating supercena

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

AEW has more great wrestlers now on the roster than they did back when the company started but somehow it feels like the wrestling matches they're having are less interesting. I would have enjoyed the Bucks vs Golden Jets match more if the build for it had not been so weak. Then MJF had a crazy match with Jay White and I could barely get into it because of how dumb the build was. Roderick Strong is now just the guy who yells Adam in a funny way. Toni Storm's a great wrestler with a completely nonsensical gimmick.

I think I started getting disillusioned in AEW when Statlander came back as a super babyface and won the title by cashing in on an already tired Jade.

That being said I'm pretty excited for the C2, I don't think they can gently caress that up.

There are 2 potential problems with the C2.

1) Failing to hype it ahead of time.
2) Tony will book all matches by order of position on the card with no upsets.

Like you have Andrade/Danielson/Kingston/Yuta/Garcia/Trent as one pod. The first 3 all go 3-0 against the second 3 instead of something like having Yuta go over Danielson to stir the 'Yuta isn't Danielson's first choice of protege and Yuta knows it' pot. or even having Trent upset Kingston just so Trent can win a singles match ever.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

TK needs to sort out the PPV situation with Warner and just have them on the sports tier of Max for christs sake. I love it but I can't keep paying 50 bucks a month for em.
Also trios and tag team belts waters down the division of both of them, have one or the other.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s too early imho to fantasy book a bad tournament. Let him cook first and we’ll see

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4036521&userid=100583#post533157892

July.... I didn't know just how good we had it....

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It’s too early imho to fantasy book a bad tournament. Let him cook first and we’ll see

Ehhhh, he's trying to do a G1 with zero pomp and circumstance. It's already a bit bad.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

sounds like you make the same complaints regardless of the product itself. makes you think...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

what do you mean by this?

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I like the deflecting some people have done with the MJF/Cena comparisons. "SuperCena went on for years, and was poo poo everyone got sick of. This new MJF thing has only been around for a few months, what's the problem?" Like, just because that guy held a piece of poo poo in their hands for a long time in the past doesn't mean I'm happy to hold a piece of poo poo in my hand for only a short time, it's still poo poo.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The biggest difference between Cena and MJF is MJFs vanity belt looks cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

why? Its gonna suck!