Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

trios had potential as the workrate titles, the tournament was great, the best of 7 was great, then like everything else they got forgotten and then put on the scissor men (who used to be popular but now the old nostalgia guy is the selling point)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4036521&userid=100583#post533157892

July.... I didn't know just how good we had it....

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i actually bought the ppvs like a loving dipshit and thats the end of that

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

quote:

PWTorch has been told from AEW sourcing not to expect only top-tier talent in the tournament, which is already evident with the announcement of Mark Briscoe as a competitor. The tournament is being constructed with the goal to have good matches and clean finishes, but there will be a mix of main event and non-main event wrestlers in the tournament. As a result, the tournament might not feel truly top tier in terms of being a dream tournament with a mix of exclusively top names with one dream match after another.

There is already concern about wrestlers politicking to Tony Khan with ideas for themselves that could get in the way of a larger vision for the tournament, which is telling certain stories that focus on certain wrestlers while others will be asked to lose clean at key points along the way.

get hype

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

Let's get our hate home grown. Don't need a podcaster to give me the scoop that the tournament will have job guys, the point of the tournament is for some guys to win and some to lose, and not all of the planned losers want to lose. Definitely don't need them to know the build has been bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pz7CqWTMs

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Fans who go to AEW shows lives are, for the most part, villains and cads. Garbage fanbase.

Why do you hate fun?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Becoming a 2017 "once Papa H takes the reins it'll all be great" guy but for bryan danielson

danielson is directly responsible for the company's creative cratering :( sad but true

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm not pre-mad about the competitors but I'm thinking about getting there just for fun

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Continental classic sounds sick

Take it to the hug box, pal.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

How was the show :mrgw:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'll probably watch RUSH vs Jay and Moxley vs Mark. The rest sounds really bad to my proclivities.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

waiting to see if danielson can get cleared yet lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MJeff posted:

2022: AEW's biggest star jumps to WWE.
2023: AEW's biggest star jumps to WWE.
2024: :pray:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

if you're hate reading this thread:

Whoops I'm breaking the fourth wall!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

fart blood posted:

All bookers run out of juice eventually so I’m genuinely curious who becomes booker after Tony.

Jimmy Jacobs and Pat Buck

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Danielson loves WWE stuff. Guy is a genius at in-ring storytelling but he's not the first person I'm calling for creative

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I choose to believe it's because of her deciding to shoot on Ethan Page and say they only hired him to get Josh Alexander (contracted to Impact at the time), and Tony immediately axing her from all future shows. If the timelines don't match up I don't care

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

AEW allows its roster to be a little more edgy and risque. I'm all in on Seth Shittin' Rollins

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

That DICK! posted:

warned yall bout the acclaimed. warned. y. all. there you were hooting and hollering and whooping daddy rear end, daddy rear end, scissor me daddy rear end scissor me that's the billy gunn from the road doggs, i was shaking my head and saying this is not the way. well since that fateful day everything has gone wrong and all is lost. but hey. at least your scissors are timbered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNe4u5TzjBs&t=40s

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Had a lot of misses but only one person has gone through a flaming table. We need him back.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

child's entertainment

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

No reason to engage with a dip poo poo, brother forkbrother. Even in this thread we call AEW Hell.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRBOgtp0Hac

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Shun Skywalker

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MJeff posted:

Shun Skywalker is a crazy person, please don't indulge his degraded mental state by loudly hooting and hollering for him.

he's just like me 🥺

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Someone give me an easy starting point for 2023 All Japan. Like, a match and a cool dude or two not a whole show

just start at w/e the latest korakuen show is. one weird trick for any puro company.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

"not a whole show" too bad pal

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Shouldve never cut his hair shouldve never talked shouldve never wrestled a match longer than 6 minutes

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i like rj a lot even if i hate his guts

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i love them i'm sorry

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

absence makes the heart grow fonderd to post too soon after your last post. This forum allows you to make one post every 10 seconds. You will be able to post in this forum at 12:13

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Just what I want to see - a young bucks live promo lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the real question to ask is why tony khan let FTR get out of doing the jobski to the bucky boys. trouble in paradise

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NienNunb posted:

They’re cooked, sad to say. They were one of my favorite acts in wrestling for so long but they’re not what they used to be. It brings me little to no pleasure to report this. Kenny needs to get better friends.

what matches did you watch that made you change your mind?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the bucks are the best tag team of all time

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

by hall and nash maybe. theyre the best at it in aew though obviously

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

you had to be tghere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

HonorableTB posted:

just remembered the rumor that tony khan wrote that wrestling sleeze list that circulated a lot on the old internet? lol i can absolutely believe it. dont wanna link it here because its tremendously gross but i'm sure you all know what i'm talking about anyway

he didn't write the list he just created the thread that the list was based on.