Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Codependent Poster posted:

What are they even doing with Athena? I don't trust them to make any program with women work when they don't even put Athena on the main shows.

Athena is the hottest thing on RoH and has the main storyline focus of the entire show currently, aligned/feuding with the second best young American wrestler and hasn't been pinned since she won the title (ignoring once on the indies v Yamashita with a dusty)

She is probably pretty happy with that, though it'd be cooler on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

MJeff posted:

I went to a Collision and stayed after for the RoH taping and, uh, no, no thank you.

The Grand Rapids show was definitely one of the worse RoH shows

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Young bucks are gonna come back with gray hair as "the bucks"

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

MJeff posted:

It was too shticky. I get that Christian Cage is one of the more over-the-top characters in AEW, but I think it would've made more sense for her to just be kind of like "what do you want from me, I'm a mother, I have to protect my son. One dude tried to kill him with a chair, the other dude is supporting him and helping him accomplish his dream of being a pro wrestler, I don't really have a choice here." Just, like, put a bit more reality into it instead of the "YOU BOO MEEEEEEE?" stuff.

I mean, it seems like she's a heel and that's a babyface response you've recommended

E: granted, that's how Cage played it, but I doubt she has the skill to do the classic "heel makes good points!"

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Duke Pukem posted:

yeah, that show had half their roster away due to the pandemic and it was outdoors in a particularly humid and hot Florida summer evening. Nothing has come close to being as bad as this one and it was still better than the average WWE PPV before 2021

I think this pape was better than the last one

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

and yet, here she isnt

:rolleyes:

She's gonna debut at revolution

Oh wait, hell thread

LOL BOTCHA SKANKS WON'T EVEN SELL OUT TO COCAINE MONEY MARK TONY "BALONEY" KAHN, CRY MORE AEWAILURES!!!

E: this thread should be called FYAEW

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

She was gonna debut at several shows, per the discourse.

And yet

I rescind my last post, you are clearly contributing in the ethos of this thread

-----

MAEWLDING FREAKS ON SOCIALS CANT EVEN MAKE MUSHROOM HAIR "TINY" TONY KHAN GET lovely SASHA ON TV, WRAP IT UP NERDS! OUT OF BUSINESS NEXT YEAR!! #4LYFE

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 17, 2024

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Peanut President posted:

why do you hate aew so much

TONY "KRAZY" KHAN REFUSES TO BRING A PAPE TO DETROIT

FOR HIS CRIMES, HE AND HIS EMPLOYEES MUST BEAR THE WRATH OF AEW HELL.

#workersrights

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

i am learning how this thread works, be patient with me

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Side note, with all the talk about Mone earlier I feel like Toni Storm's reign would be met with about as much animosity as Face MJF's if the women's title was treated with as much respect as the men's title and the women's division wasn't mostly just treated like a midcard thing

I know you hate Toni's gimmick but MJFs schtick is so much worse and is far less creative

Also not riding the heel/face dynamic in the most obnoxious way possible

I'll take 100 delusional heels over a babyface that cheats constantly, uses loving stupid moves that are kayfabe weak but somehow work for him, and wins against top contenders with a broken leg

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 19, 2024

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

He just beat the undercard guy with the haha funny cardboard man gimmick its fine

I know we're in hell but calling a guy who beat Jon Moxley less than a month ago "undercard" legit gave me the spins

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

While it'd be nice to have something to explain away Swerve breaking into Page's house it is nice the Tony saw the massive cheers Swerve was getting and pivoted him to babyface. Trying to force him back into being a heel would have been a big error

This is the same thinking that killed MJF

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

MJeff posted:

I wrote a whole-rear end column on what killed MJF. Clearly delineating the moment of his babyface turn is not what killed MJF.

Turning babyface killed MJF :colbert:

also I read the article, it was good!

E: I just don't think that Swerve needs to actively try to play to the crowd and poo poo; he can wrestle from the bottom and beat scumbags, but please don't ever make him give gladhanding promos

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Feb 16, 2024

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

That's why the Olympics are mostly video packages about the athletes

No, it's packages about 1/3 of the athletes, which often don't include the top athletes and usually only include the nation that produces the broadcast

poo poo like this is actually why I never enjoyed American Ninja Warrior. I don't care nearly as much about who has the biggest comeback/marketable story as who is excelling at the event.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

That's the NBC production way, which assumes that the audience is swinging wildly from crying in inspirational tears to cheering madly and back every five minutes or so. It's ruined their Olympic coverage, made the Gladiators reboot unwatchable, that Gladiators show the Rock did was overproduced and unwatchable. It's garbage and I hate it.

Sometimes you don't need to know everything about someone who's going to be gone in fifteen seconds. Not everyone needs a mission or a movement or #TeamWhatever or #FartStrong. Let someone be a bum and move onto the next one.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Drakkel posted:

It's just depressing at this point cause it feels like no matter what they do the ratings just get worse and worse and there's nowhere you can have any actual discussion about AEW cause it's just people screaming endlessly about how poo poo it is and how stupid you are for liking it and I dunno man maybe it should just loving die already so we can move on.

I think you need to tune out of this discourse because trying to understand why people at large don't like the excellent things you enjoy is futile and just diminishes your enjoyment of the things that make you happy

Also "worse and worse" is still a top show on cable

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Can we send the shitposters back to the hell thread

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this is the hell thread

Incredibly embarrassing

Just like AEW!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

blunt posted:

Jade chat reminds me that I miss Smart Mark Sterling. Has he been banished to the internet promotion?

Currently he's only managing the Premier Athletes (Tony Nese and Josh Woods), who haven't been focused much lately, but they've had airtime at Supercard of Honor (adding Ariya Daivari) and at the following show.

Uh...yes. Though RoH is good and you should check it out!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Tato posted:

I'm more intrigued on what this week's random audio issue will be.

Folks asking if the crowd is dead because they're so poorly mic'ed?

TBS choosing to broadcast the audio from what's airing on TNT instead?

All Chris Jericho dialogue being replaced with a fart noise?

The one time TNT broadcasted basketball audio on top of dynamite was wild

E: for like 5 minutes iirc

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

For the record, my bet is we'll get the rewind scrubbing sound, it's been happening a lot lately!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

The Taxman posted:

For the record, my bet is we'll get the rewind scrubbing sound, it's been happening a lot lately!

Fuckin' a, I called it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

I'll be honest, I popped really hard when it happened