Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
not enough blood anymore. last night full filled the quota tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the problem with Elite/Punk was that on screen talent shouldnt also be the bosses and Tony should stop trying to be friends and one of the boys and be the Boss

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Santana/Ortiz and Smash Bros were good. Lucha Bros feel like an after thought half the time but i get thats between sharing them with another promotion, visa issues, and injuries but I feel like a company with money like AEW should be able to be more up on the visa issues, specially if youre running a big international show and cant get those people into other countries.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

There was a time when PnP should have gotten the tag belts. They were super hot. I was never into the Dark Order though.

Dark Order's peak, besides being Brodie's lackies, was when they were best buds with Hangman coming to his aid against the evil Elite and then they lost and Hangman became friends with the Elite afterwards and slowly tony khan either didnt sign or split their members off and shoved the stable to the side.

Remember when they were airing new Dark Order video packages recently where it seemed like they were going back to their recruiting cult style?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

NienNunb posted:

The Dark Order’s peak was over 10 years ago in PWG

its not their fault canada boarder loving sucks

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
thats for the feedback thread

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
sorry about your wife

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i think the bucks, kenny, and jericho using the insults and stuff punk said about them leading up to and after getting fired as fuel for their out of nowhere feud is incredibly lame and the Bucks possibly joining the Callis Family will be whatever

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
what did they do to your big show

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
he should specifically book good womens matches fwiw

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I hope AEW can course correct and start being the alternative again

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

gotta turn the HEAT up in this thread

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

#StandUpForAEW

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I want WALTER in AEW so people can be mad about him there

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Only if he looks like WALTER again

Hate that he does the big splash from the top rope now. Looks like poo poo if you're not a big dude!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
im not very sports entertained by aew and would like for them to go back to simple good ol' boy wrasslin' story telling

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
all wrestling is bad. more skits imo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
dont worry everyone is a rereg

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I’m glad people could tune into RAW tonight and be reminded why AEW exists.

Excited to tune into AEW and see some wwe level DRAMA with Roddy's neck when he should be killing people in the ring and not doing lovely comedy gimmick

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Except we’re getting Jay white vs Swerve and the show won’t have Nia Jax

none of that effects my stance that I Do Not Want Roderick Strong Doing A Best Friend Cuck Storyline. I want him killing dudes in the ring with backbreakers like the Darby match.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
how is AEW so bad with Visa issues? Is no one keeping track of that? This happens all the time with PAC (besides injuries), Ogogo, Penta, Fenix, and Rush. I remember when WWE forgot about renewing Barrett and Sheamus visas years ago and that was considered are rare gently caress up

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Here are her defenses if someone wants to do the math. I think 9/11 to last week might be close to a hundred days?

regarding her not defending the title, she is still on TV every week in multiple segments in even the mens mainevent title scenes so she was still being used while other people were feuding over title shots vs her

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
she's not the manager she's like clearly the leader of the stable and the only one important in the group of jobbers she bosses around lmao. and wwe was clearly behind her being the only woman in a mens stable and doing some intergender stuff where she was attacking and bodyslamming dudes bigger than her up to entering at 1 in the rumble to the end and winning the title at mania. Like WWE rear end but they at least try to actually make the women stars in their division when they actually care about them, same with Bianca

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

That sounds like a manager to me if she mostly doesn't wrestle outside the Rumble and the title win then just runs a stable

Edited because you edited more context

There's non title matches in there too just like AEW does segments and non title "Eliminator" matches with their womens wrestlers they just in one segment and not presented like that big of a deal compared to guys like OC, BCC, Jericho and The Elite. The last time anyone was booked or treated like a star in the womens division was Britt and Jade

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
imo i think Young Bucks TV act kind of exposed them because they've really already done everything they can do with their characters. Like I dont know how whatever they do next unless there's a drastic change in their look/presentation but the new angry temper tantrum stuff feels like a retread of their Elite heel run.

Also I'm starting to feel like Swerve vs Mox is gonna be a draw and Jay white is gonna weasel his way into the finals

also re: bucks, that match vs ftr at all in was sloppy and very much felt like neither team really wanted to be in that match.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
FTR absolutely also got the wind taken out of them with Dax being a crybaby bitch on twitter (not important) and Cash road rager as well as Punk getting shitcanned but now they pretty much did it all in AEW unless they do a real NJPW tour or whatever but even then they won their top prize already. Only other thing kind of interesting is if they turn heel again but even then its like?? they got to move a different tag team up the card, besides Starks/Bill because AEW's tag division is kind of stale with everyone having jobbed to Bucks/FTR for the past year and Acclaimed kind of just floating around with the Trios Title (injury angle aside)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

tony khan doesnt have any ideas what to do with ROH allegations holding strong

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Should try being an AJPW fan, it's great

Hows that going now

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They should have Danhausen and RJ City or some other comedy gimmick like Toni storm do AEWShop christmas promos

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lmao tony lmao jericho lmao sammy

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i dont. just say no bro, you dont need to keep sucking jerichos rear end when he has bad ideas for you to be his lackey even after feuding over it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
AEW SMELLS PAL

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

fawning deference posted:

Okay well then I take back that it IS an act, but the fact that it FEELS like one and that he's not charismatic, I still stand by

It's his real speaking voice because one of the things that came out with his release was Vince saying "you sound too smart for a big black guy"

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Tony did post an Ibushi is All Elite graphic right? Has to be one of the worse signings in awhile since the guy is completely cooked physically

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
imo if your criticism of keith lee is the same reason that vince mcmahon didnt push him then its not good criticism or a good joke

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

So Tony Khan said he was hurt but people are assuming he’s faking it and refusing to job and is one of those evil WWE Returners because he talks like a dork and may have expressed vague frustration at his booking? I’ve been trying to figure out why everyone hates Keith Lee now. Is that about it?

same reason why everyone thinks malakai is a WWE Returner

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Didnt AEW used to subbed promos for people?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

yea ok posted:

yeah a long time ago (riho last saturday)

i just swear i they used to sub Shida and Andrade promos for awhile and the first few Penta promos before he got Alex

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
sounds like a ZSJ thing to go with his technical wrestling for an american crowd is like reading Shakespeare to a dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
thanks to tony khan i now know that jinder mahal is having a wwe title match on raw next week that rollins will carry him to a gentlemens 2 stars and get more tv time because of it rattling him when trolls who dont watch the aew product complained about HOOK challenging Joe even though everyone else liked the idea.