Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

sad how many never have beens are too selfish do a job. then on the other hand we have world wide super stars like RUSH who selflessly put over Swerve, Jay White, and Mox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

jungle jack is such a scary badass tony khan is too afraid to fire him

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

can wait for okada to team up with orange cassidy, permanently

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

hangmans promos are always good. a problem with aew is that there arent enough hangman promos.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

we need jds back

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

RBX posted:

I hate Eddie's dumb looking chops and OC just does nothing for me. Mox and Eddie have really made me have go way heat the more I see them. Mox is cringe as gently caress and is only cool if you're 7 and Eddie looks like he should be cleaning a bathroom but somehow i'm supposed to believe Cesaro can't mop the floor with him.

7 year olds have good taste wrt cool poo poo

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

kawada accepts eddie and so do i

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

his name is ricky starks

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

I was being generous, I think Taue is better than Kawada. He’s easily at the bottom.

the pillar that holds up the other pillars. the most important and best one.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

The_Rob posted:

Hangman’s running around being weird and manic and making dramatic excuses for everything and people are confused on what his affiliation is?

bryan alvarez levels of not getting who is the face and who is the heel

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

They gotta do something about Mone’s confusing and messy theme music. ‘Hey, chant this, specifically’ stuff feels kinda insulting and riffing on New World symphony just makes me think about Walter.

It makes me think about Luffy kicking crocodiles rear end which is a good thing

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

NOOOOOOOO TONY YOU CANT DO SOMETHING THAT NO MATTER WHAT WILL BE EXTREMELY FUNNY

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Vince has used tv time to take shots at people he is feuding with for years. both people inside and outside of wrestling.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketb...throughout-show

vince booking a match where wrestlers wrestled in nba jerseys and the side wearing jerseys of the team the guy he was pissed at owned lost

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

the comparisons to the dumbass skits that vince and bischoff used to air is dumb. that poo poo was unfunny poo poo no one wanted. however we all want to see a fight because the son of a famous actor and a man who has trained in martial arts for hundreds if not thousands of hours and yet remained the worst fighter of all time. and tony is saying he is giving us just that.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Shard posted:

They aren't afraid of anything because that would require higher thinking. They are just hot take machines. Once this is over and aew continues to exist far into the future they will move onto the next topic that is truly the final death throws of this long suffering company

Remember when the exploding barbed wire dud was going to be the death of the company

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

Lackluster card on Wednesday for keep new viewers who pop in for the Punk tape.

Although they announced the tape segment at like 1am on Saturday night so maybe most people won't even know it's happening.

Or possibly it's only something hardcore fans would care about anyway.

cope/penta, joe/dustin, and the 6 man all look and probably will be cool

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

They proved punk was lying, good poo poo

There are idiots who think this proves punk was telling the truth lol. I guess they think maybe getting someone in a front face lock means you are def choking them and have won the fight

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Was it even particularly good crash tv?

No. I’d say the segment was just regular good in the context of the feud though. The bucks promo and ftrs promo were both good.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

Showing the footage and having Ospreay say the other poo poo was kind of a mistake, not for obvious reasons but because now WWE knows they can just casually poke at AEW and cause an entire show to be derailed. This might be the first time I’ve seen an AEW show have only one match in a wholeass hour, they sacrificed so much airtime just to cope about poo poo. It’s a bad precedent and it might be legit the first time I’m kind of concerned about how easily shook TK is now

Yeah instead will should have rented a jeep and showed up at raw a few hours before it started then a decade later talk about he invaded raw with a tank

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

I don’t watch the product anymore but they really must be in trouble if they’re giving Will Osprey promo time

He is unironically one of the best promos in the biz and I’m a long time will hater

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

FTR instantly coming out and babyfacing against the idea of airing the footage and not moving on and Bucks babyfacing this causing them to lose to FTR to the point that when the Bucks come out and do a beat down they're greeted with CM Punk chants that werent an issue the last time they were in Chicago feels like a small backfire

What does any of this mean?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Lmao

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Wwe poking at aew. Not a big deal. keep up the good work Paul. Aew poking back at wwe. Tony is gotten to. Company is dead.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

In execution it came off as a bad idea to make the All In Fight and moving on from the CM Punk issue an on air babyface thing and make AEW Bosses/Bucks crying about it insincerely hurting them personally the heels. Specially when the babyfaces then come out right after calling them bitter losers for caring about something in the past and burning the good will they've been building up until the heels started digging up this black eye on the company again. Then when the Bucks came out they were greeted with loud CM Punk chants which AEW has mostly avoided, having their crowds care about that guy, Even In Punk's home town of Chicago, until tonight when they aired footage for this worked shoot angle.

The segments and promos didn't do anything to get me invested in another Bucks/FTR match, in fact the only thing it did was make me suspect that Perry is costing FTR the titles at Dynasty. Though I guess CM Punk chants would probably be inevitable if they're bringing Scapegoat Jack Perry back since that's all his gimmick seems to be.

I ain’t reading all this but the bucks will be fine. They are some of the best in the business.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

WWE doesn't waste their actual tv shows ever talking about their competitors in any real way.

Both the events that caused this response occurred on The MMA Hour and The Pat McAfee Show.

Yawn

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I think my favorite thing to come from this is people perl clutching about how this is stupid because the bucks are heels and this will make them faces. Then the bucks work their magic and present the footage in a way that keeps them heels AND still makes punk look like a bitch and people complain that the bucks still being heels makes punk look good. Guys, I think the bucks will be able to handle a week or two of cm punk chants while they are on screen perfectly fine

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Drakkel posted:

I can't loving stand watching WWE shows which is why I'm annoyed at Tony Khan for being so easily gotten to that he's devoting TV time on "I'm not mad don't put in the paper I'm mad" segments instead of fixing his wrestling companies very glaring problems.

The video was a minute long

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Happiness posted:

almost as long as the random camera shot of a lighting rig at the start of the show

That’s called cinema

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

smdh they didnt even do the meme right

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

RBX posted:

This subforum is r/AEWofficial.

A wrestler punched another wrestler oh no!!! What a demon! This is a workplace! Please ignore all the other times this happened and I thought it was cool before.

okay name the times it happened and i thought it was cool

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

eddie kingston and sammy

I dont think eddie kingston attacking sammy was cool and neither does eddie kingston.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

RBX posted:

Some tough guy New Yorker he is then

yes, tough guys can admit they were wrong

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I don’t think will ospreay of all people needed someone to tell him to go out there and talk some poo poo (his promo was great btw)

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Shard posted:

so he's guessing? then why even bring him up?

tony khan is simultaneously a dictator like boss forcing wrestlers to do promos attacking other promotions that might employ them in the future and a weak child like boss who cant control a single wrestler backstage

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

In all honesty, Tony Khan asked Schiavone to tell Perry no
where are you getting this from? tony probably thought using use glass was badass like when he thought darby jumping over his house in a jeep was cool. I mean who else but tony would have given jack the go ahead to rent the car and do the segment?

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 11, 2024

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

The footage matches his description which part was a lie

people have pointed out the lies multiple times

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

aew has been dead since march 7th 2021

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

jerk1000 posted:

Don't they already have that? The EVP storyline is so goddamned compelling -- who are these sinister men in management and what are they trying to achieve? Why even watch something like "Hannibal" or "The Sopranos" when you have actors like this putting on master classes with their amazing promos?

you are getting confused. wwe is the cinema promotion

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

He should have split it. Play the first part of the footage, right before it got physical, then have the bucks encounter technical difficulties. Then play the rest later in the show. This way you show the audience early on that you are going to be showing the real footage, but also getting them to stick around for the whole show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

Jack Perry vs. Shota Umino was really somethin'. I'm kinda all the way back in on him now.

Welcome back