Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Which two aew guys would be best in a remake of The Lighthouse

Bryan and Garcia, no question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Anything is better than the slop Tiny’s been pushing lately

Shitload of Papes

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You'd definitely have to be some kind of puts to still have anything to do with that company

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MJeff posted:

Okay well both Lance and Hobbs are in the scramble that replaced Meat Madness, so either

1) Khan was gonna add more people that can't make it or
2) It's just Wardlow and Khan just pulled it because Wardlow was gonna win, so what's the point

Wardlow was also in the graphic and still in the match so I assume it was Miro or Lee that got pulled. I have no idea why he did this.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

No one would even have known Miro was supposed to be in the match. They could've added Cage tonight and just run it but they have to overcomplicate even a throwaway match with no stakes on the ppv.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

fawning deference posted:

Lol the "throw a bunch of people in a big sloppy match with no build" is the classic AEW PPV bout

Why would anyone call it an All Star Scramble match. That's absolutely stupid sounding and means nothing. Just have an 8 man match if you want one. It's coming across really desperate that Tony gives everything a weird fancy name to make it seem special when it's completely not

Winner gets a world title shot, that's pretty special.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

keithy george posted:

CJ debuted wearing a weird big blazer, not sure why.

Co-promotional opportunity with the Talking Heads

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They also do these packages a lot on youtube, where they're not time limited. In the time it takes the worst people to peck out a complaint on the internet, they could find and watch those.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

if by all star you mean all jobbers lol

Now he's got winners like Tea Leoni

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shard posted:

if everyone was perfect they'd be boring. It's like Suzuki said, the flaws in someone can help them standout and seem special.

Yeah agreed. He sounds like a real person. Being super polished and rehearsed is how you get LA Knight.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hate camping. Where's the base hotel

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

some people were saying that kevin kelly was starting to get better on commentary. now they are no where to be found. he lost protection when he was exiled from the cult, many such cases

Going back in my group chat there was an episode in Dec where I said he was starting to gel but I don't know why, and definitely haven't felt that way since.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

it's called the fed because that's who's currently investigating them

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If 8000 people going crazy for Willow and Riho in a main event match is a cold vibe then call me Charles Scaggs

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

it’s only a matter of time before someone dies in an aew thread

Insh'allah

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Ruby stuff has been worth it for the sheer derangement of Harley.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

nic gets to have a wider array of interesting matchups this way

Yeah he's got a great opponent for Triplemania

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1769899472991994149

I'd have to look deeper but I'm preeeeeetty sure this one only started really moving after Big Business. Whether that's Mone or Eddie vs. Okada, says quite a bit about how the new acquisitions are landing.

They opened up a lot of seats, mostly hard cam, this week and they went really fast. Hard to say whether it was a Big Business pop or people just waiting for those seats. If I could go I'd have waited for this last batch of seats, especially since they were pretty reasonably priced ($30-112 CAD)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It honestly could be both her and Okada. Toronto's been turning out for the Rainmaker since the ROH Global Wars days at least.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

yea ok posted:

we don't need womens tag theres not enough good workers to justify it rn

But there's a critical mass of great trios that requires two sets?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He told them 'stand on this spot and you'll get your booking for Wembley' but it was a cartoonish trap door that led directly to the performance centre.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think I'm generally more positive on Mercedes than most but whew, she really sucked the air out of the room while Willow and Stoke were cooking.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pylons posted:

Are you sure you understand the gimmick because they're just doing good cop/bad cop except as lovely middle managers which is very relatable to most people.

Yeah agent they basically riffing on the Bobs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgg9byUy-V4

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I just want everyone to have a good time*

*by putting me on TrueIgnore

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

#StandUpForBoeing

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah but Andrade and Malakai used to go there under the guise of "supporting their partners" and look at them now. Dead and washed

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Telling SRS it's real is what anyone would do if they were trolling

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rumours are that the footage shows Joe punching Punk so hard that Starbucks gift cards explode out of him like Sonic's rings

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

I forgot about the Halo gear oh god. It looked like a child’s costume,

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

My man out here looking like a Shao Khan funko pop

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Was there a second time the crowd chanted for Punk or just a couple seconds at the end of the PACTR beatdown and then back to booing?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

I haven't seriously watched the WWE since like WrestleMania 30. I thought AEW would get me back into wrestling and for the first couple years it did but I fell off a little after I went to Forbidden Door 2 live. Hope that helps.

So you don't actually know if WWE has devoted airtime to bagging on AEW?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

If Wade is right

Lemme just stop you right there

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WWE has said many worse things about Hunter and Stephanie on their own programming

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Podcasters aren't and don't really represent his audience. His audience was in the building

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Nah what are the odds that two AEW stars go down with diverticulitis

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I agree, and these are some great posts but it's a little funny seeing your turnaround on the guy. Raw: Not Even Once

I was talking about this with a friend the other day, that at the crux of it all AEW, in many ways, makes me love and want to watch more wrestling while WWE, in many ways, makes me hate and want to watch less.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

tony should buy TNA

He tried but they couldn't make change for a $20

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jeroen posted:

Now what am I supposed to do, watch bloody Manchester United?

This is what they'll call the BCC in NXT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MJeff posted:

Swerve vs. Joe exists in a weird middle ground where i spent the entire build thinking this isnt the right time, he shouldnt win. Then when Swerve came out, I was like yeah this is it, this is the time to win. And when he won, I was like, wait, that's it? I wanted to feel more. I wanted it to feel bigger.

I get this, it was kind of a delayed reaction for me where I was still coming off the many highs in the show and only fully felt it during the scrum. He's sitting there with the title in front of him and it just felt right. YMMV, though.