Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I am here for the bitching and moaning megathread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I love to complain and am unbothered by anyone complaining about things I like. Let’s roll

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Main event match itself was fine, angle around it was mjf trying to write a dollar store version of a 1997 stone cold Steve Austin angle for himself and the whole “mjf isn’t cleared but somehow the guy in crutches and in a boot is” bit was a bit too much for me

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

the funny part about the naming of the continential title is the announcers will absolutely gently caress up the names of it and the intercontinental title on pbp. i can hear the taz flubs now.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

No comment on the quantity of it but I think the quality of the women’s storylines is pretty high right now. Looking forward to what Mariah May adds to Toni’s angle too

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Lmao

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

The “storytelling is the most important thing” fedcels were right all along….

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Waffleopolis posted:

Man, people are all doom & gloom about AEW now. Get over it.

Also, I'd fix all the problems AEW has by making everyone get along through threats of violence.

This is the aew doom and gloom thread

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

sounds like you make the same complaints regardless of the product itself. makes you think...

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

AEW making me sit through another Miro "my wife is interested in other men" angle has honestly been worse than anything MJF has done including last night's garbage.

Remember when she came back and everyone who made those jokes right away got yelled at because aew wasn’t going to be stupid enough to do that sort of poo poo lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

dont post small paul

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

its... not?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

yeaaaah

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Fans who go to AEW shows lives are, for the most part, villains and cads. Garbage fanbase.

people who leave their houses are freaks to me too op

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What you mean by this?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4046019

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Link not working for me.

try resetting your modem

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Sticky Nate posted:

Buying ROH was worth it for FTR/Briscoes.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Most Power Alex posted:

Fun fact: If you are taken away in a ambulance and manage to overpower the paramedics then legal it belongs to you.

That’s why I always thought it was kind of unfair they only let really sick or injured people in them. Seems like it stacks the odds in their favor.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Anyone who celebrated Punk getting fired was celebrating the beginning of the end for AEW. Personally it brings me no pleasure that AEW is dying, but it is.

I watched my favorite company die when I was a kid so I’m prepared this time. I just hope The Invasion angle is better this time around.

punk getting fired wasnt the beginning of the end, punk getting hired was.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

i really got scolded a while back for believing tony desperately needs to let someone do some booking. not permanently or anything. they said i was a loving piece of poo poo for thinking like that. they said i'm going to die soon and not to ask how they know.

tony has hitters on these boards

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

I know somebody else already said he left earlier but I just saw QT Marshall's statement and boy

https://twitter.com/QTMarshall/status/1729289313819427229

Him just straight up saying "This company is going in a different direction, peace out." feels not good.

thats pretty pointed as far as one of those goes lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this isn't the dream we had for the hell thread

Hell is other posters.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

AEW IT Security

Finally a wrestling show for me.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

Dude beat Kenny Omega clean and they just don't do anything with him. It's baffling.

it is a crime

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

dromal phrenia posted:

this tournament has had great matches which is unsurprising because AEW has great wrestlers, but Tony's booking is pissing me off. The people I like should win, you dweeby little poo poo!!

Aew is never recovering from failing to cater to my specific tastes

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Fish Of Doom posted:

I've never cared for them. They're the Red Hot Chile Peppers of wrestling, where like they can only do one song/match but at least it's pretty good, make a silly face at the camera, yada yada California.

I don't miss them not being on my TV that much.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

The Taxman posted:

Young bucks are gonna come back with gray hair as "the bucks"

nick jackson should shave his head and grow a mustache

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

they should have got the aew belts that time they had all the other belts

insane bungle from tk

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

If Cody was dedicated to his craft he'd just have legally changed his name to Cody Rhodes. But sadly he's a hack

its unbelievable to me that he didnt do this.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

magiccarpet posted:

Rush always does the same moves in the same order. And half of them are emotes.

one of those moves is 'just pummeling the other guy' though so its fine.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

I've had a theory about the devil that started with me joking around and coming up with the worst possible reveal for this angle, but I've slowly started coming around to the idea that my stupidest idea possible might actually be where they're going.

The devil is Tony Khan.

Let me show my work on this theory:

MJF debuted The Devil gimmick when he came back from his worked shoot contract tantrum with Tony. Now Tony has decided to commandeer the persona for his revenge.

Tony's goal is to get MJF to lose the championship before The Bidding War of 2024 so MJF can't hold the title hostage. Joe is his chosen corporate champion. Joe relinquished the ROH TV title to prove his loyalty to Tony Khan and because Khan promised him the biggest prize in return. Tony as the Devil has psychologically worn MJF down by attacking both his enemies and friends, thus isolating him. Now he's physically worn down and can be more easily destroyed by Joe.

This also explains why the Devil would help soften up MJF for Joe. Why would another wrestler do all this to MJF just to let Joe reap the rewards? Because it's not a wrestler. It's Tony Khan.

Remember that Dynamite where Tony dragged Cole and MJF into his office and screamed at them, but was all nice in front of the camera? That was the planting the seeds.

Also, Tony grew up on 90s wrestling. How long could he possibly resist doing his own heel turn and living out a Bischoff/Mr. McMahon/Higher Power angle.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

This makes a lot of sense and I hate it.

Imagine the devil starting the big reveal promo with "I have a HUGE announcement!"

ngl this sounds funny as hell to me.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

Switch the channel Blade

hahah

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

felt like that match was only on the books to give swerve something to do on the card in the first place. that feud hasnt had any build for weeks if not months and was all but dropped dead anyways. what is there to blow off at this point.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lmao

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

keith lee smoking on that chris jericho xmas eve poo poo

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hmmm maybe everyone who said keith lee just doesnt want to job to swerve is right after all. mutch too consider

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

lol Keith Lee

"I've been hurt since 2022"

"oh so that's why you haven't been used much"

"nope"

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

the entire AEW roster posting like they've got a substitute teacher today

lmao

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011