Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

JUNGLE BOY posted:

when my grandkids ask me what AEW was like for the first 3 years

i mean there was some bad poo poo in the first 3 years, but i think now that WWE has its poo poo together (for better or worse) compared to how bad it was under Vince in 2019 and the fact we're entering year 5 of AEW means the criticism isn't as understanding of a new promotion

i do miss the early years though - the elite seem pretty checked out these days and i miss the hangman-kenny feud. i can't really figure out what's wrong with AEW because it's the same show, same wrestlers, same match quality, same booker, but something seems missing from the picture? stability or consistency maybe? ever since the CM Punk drama i've just lost a lot of care and investment for AEW :smith:

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

cody was absolutely terrible too people let's not pretend he didn't get booed out of the building for 6 months straight after his embarrassing UK vs USA feud and doing a baby shower live on air

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

other then making other high profile wrestlers leave WWE for AEW (looking at Drew Galloway), this is such an L for AEW lol. like i'm not a fan of CM Punk and didn't want him in AEW but this whole situation looks so terrible for them in how they've handled everything - from brawl in to brawl out to him jumping ship lmao

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

why is the continental crown a championship belt that can be defended at any time? doesn't that defeat the entire point of the continental classic? why not make it an annual event with prestige behind it? why do we need an intercontinental title and a continental title? i don't get it - just keep it loving simple

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Someone on Reddit described Matt’s gait as being like a Lego man and that’s pretty drat accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqjEIBw6UM0

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

trios division sucked from day 1. there was never enough dedicated teams to have a division.

every once in a while there would be a fun 6 man tag match and the fans thought that meant there needed to be a dedicated division and belts because they watched a bad indie promotion a decade ago instead of it just being an occasional and informal treat

the fans were wrong, let’s throw both trios championships (truly insane that there are two) in the bin where they belong

if we’re going to Restore the Feeling we need to get back to the same number of championships as there were when we Had the Feeling

World Championship

Women's

Tag Team

International

TNT

:perfect:

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Tony getting the hell thread to look more like heaven every day

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Lid posted:

Someone is back

hey la hey la

#DYNAMITE ON TBS RIGHT NOW

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

tony needs to figure out how to get crowds back because it's really really noticeable how small and quiet the crowds are each show and it kills the whole vibe for me. the best part about early AEW was how hot the weekly crowds were and how they'd get a pretty decent size that was at least moderately competitive with WWE. now each dynamite feels like an indie show or TNA compared to what it used to be :smith:

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 25, 2024

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

compare the two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPMz6eHZ0U0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YakubkxHGFc

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

i think most things seem to be improving and building up interest again. it's just the crowd now that's the main issue for me. a wrestling show without a hot crowd is incredibly bland no matter how good the talent are

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

AEW has been good lately, but it's like a cozy, safe blanket. It needs to stop being bland and predictable and get a little of that old Nitro energy they had for awhile.

Why the hell Tony hasn't done a spring break type show on a college campus or on the beach or something when he grew up watching Nitro is beyond me.

you know what you need to do Tony

buy Club La Vela

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

AEW Dynamite at the Mall of America and Cody walks back in like Lex Luger

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

August 2023 i left professional wrestling

August 2026 i'm back

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

you know AEW is doing good when Pepsi Phil dominates the hell thread

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Tonfa posted:

being the elite is back?

on the juice, big time

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Drakkel posted:

It's just depressing at this point cause it feels like no matter what they do the ratings just get worse and worse and there's nowhere you can have any actual discussion about AEW cause it's just people screaming endlessly about how poo poo it is and how stupid you are for liking it and I dunno man maybe it should just loving die already so we can move on.

stop reading reddit

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

MediaPlayerClassic posted:

Tony Khan supports guaranteed contracts. Tony Khan even employed CM Punk, a man twice the perpetrator of backstage fights. Can you trust Tony Khan?

Make CM Punk the booker

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

Tony should rehire Dasha and immediately release her again

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

mercedes mone is giving me roman reigns in 2015 vibes on how awkward and forced she is

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Well then it's a stupid, bad, poo poo-rear end, stupid, cringe-worthy angle.

Like seriously no matter how this shakes out, it is a genuinely terrible choice.

I extremely disagree, personally.

only wwe are allowed to take shots at other promotions

gently caress them up take the shot tony

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

don't forget the convoluted panama sunrise set up every single match for one of the dumbest moves in wrestling

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

adrenaline
in my soul
EMF is a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

lol this kind of stuff is exactly why it doesnt matter if AEW takes shots at WWE because even when they put on one of the best matches of all time you get bad faith tweets like this. goal posts forever shift for fed stans