Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They should fire your favorite wrestler and put out a mean tweet about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony Khan is a psycho who has somehow killed every best indie tag team of the last ten years. We do not talk enough about how many good teams came to AEW to die

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Punk should be a lesson in why nostalgia is never worth chasing, another case of fan Tony loving business Tony

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Though business Tony is loving things by making the presentation WWE lite

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Young Bucks are stuck in an endless loop of phoning it in while they either tease breaking up the elite or wrestler FTR.

SCU - Dead

Top Flight - always injured, dead

Bear Country - very dumb, lost all their heat, might as well be dead

P&P - Tony can't manage talent, dead

2.0 - currently in the most WWE poo poo of their life

Aussie Open - Welcome to the big leagues, hurt and dead.

Beaver Boys - in the worst faction in the company

Super smash bros - dead

Best friends - Tony rewards them for constantly killing themselves for his entertainment with a spot in the face.

Butcher and the Blade - ton of potential who needed a trainer, dead.

Hardy Boyz - should be dead and one of them is trying and being allowed to.

Private party - sorry kids, careers over, dead

ReDRagon - dead

AEW sucks for tag teams

Hybrid 2 - dead

Swerve in our glory - dead

AEW sucks for tag teams. Big Bill and Ricky are legitimately the most entertaining ones right now, deserve to hold the titles, and that's a bit sad.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Every good tag team left does midcard matches while the Acclaimed get on top by the fact that it is very funny to say scissor me Daddy rear end

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

to be honest, at lot of these teams stank but i see your point

A lot were but I think everyone on that list either came into the company hot or with "momentum" and "potential" and Tony wasted it. The best company for tag team wrestling is a graveyard

Edit: it's currently the division with the fewest titles and both of them are held by two guys thrown together

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 20, 2023

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think adding the Trios Titles as well but there being no real delineation of trios teams vs tags has hosed it all up

The best of 7 might not have been worth anything that has come after. Should have just disappeared and never discussed again with the brawl out retcon.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It’s too early imho to fantasy book a bad tournament. Let him cook first and we’ll see

Ehhhh, he's trying to do a G1 with zero pomp and circumstance. It's already a bit bad.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Fish Of Doom posted:

Current babyface MJF is one of the worst things in all of wrestling in like at least 10 years. It's like if you took 2003/04 TNA Jeff Jarrett overbooked cheating dogshit finishes mixed with 2005/06 John Cena invincible overcoming the odds, then gave him Santino Marella's moveset, but also made it this self aware "wink wink" comedy character and it's just one giant insufferable package. If Max is booking himself, then we would do better somewhere like WWE where the writing team can actually provide some quality control.

So many dudes are being wasted so we can have a bloated MJF show every week. Imagine hiring Keith Lee and doing absolutely nothing with him. Or Andrade, or Miro, or Malakai, or any of the other WWE cast offs who should be tearing it up.

AEW making me sit through another Miro "my wife is interested in other men" angle has honestly been worse than anything MJF has done including last night's garbage.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

post hole digger posted:

Remember when she came back and everyone who made those jokes right away got yelled at because aew wasn’t going to be stupid enough to do that sort of poo poo lol

Sat on the shelf and turned down creative until he got his wife and his cuck angle. Incredible work Miro.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Good thread but not going to nod along with any podcast guys, they can all go gently caress their rear end. The problem with the tournament is that he's doing a G1 except without any of the pomp and all the matches are on a Wednesday at 8:30. It's not going to feel special if you don't treat it special. Sorry about your insulted wallets

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Let's get our hate home grown. Don't need a podcaster to give me the scoop that the tournament will have job guys, the point of the tournament is for some guys to win and some to lose, and not all of the planned losers want to lose. Definitely don't need them to know the build has been bad.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Every job guy whispering into Tony's ear right now

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hefty Leftist posted:

cody was absolutely terrible too people let's not pretend he didn't get booed out of the building for 6 months straight after his embarrassing UK vs USA feud and doing a baby shower live on air

And they all cheer for MJF now. Pigs love slop and hate caviar, shocking

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Honestly inevitable that we would schism over people hating AEW for the wrong reasons like not retaining Cody

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i think cody had a dumb brain for booking but i'd give up most AEW stars to have him back. he was the only EVP that did anything even remotely EVPish

His TV was what we had to suffer through in exchange for being the best locker room leader in the business. So many things changed after he left.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Everything Fez said is wrong but it is cringe if the money comment made you feel anything inside.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

post hole digger posted:

try resetting your modem

This guy is trying to get you to gently caress up your home computer as a funny joke. You actually need to delete your system32 folder

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

“Hardcore AEW Fans Who Never Engaged With 2000s/2010s Indie Wrestling” was a type of person I didn’t think existed a year or so ago but have come to realize somehow makes up the majority of the fanbase. Bizarre!

They were all exclusively WWE guys until Punk joined and left.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

My favorite defense is "No, you see, its terrible on purpose to show where his character is. It's not that just completely loving sucks"

I made it up to make people mad

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My body is a temple, I don't put that poo poo in it.

Also to be fair it is terrible on purpose but they really hosed up landing that plane. FedEx Flight 80 level work. If you can't work out the payoff your thing that sucks on purpose just sucks

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Just take those old tapes off the shelf
I'll sit and watch 'em all by myself
Today's 'graps ain't got the same soul
I like that old time wrestling show

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Maybe let people hate in peace

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, if Shibata was so good I doubt NJPW would have left him on the shelf so often. Probably just couldn't hack it there so had to run to Tony.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Tony taking the book from them made sense but Kenny has been nothing but a victim of others stupidity. Imagine him still booking the women's division

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

they said i'm definitely not long for this world.

Ok jase

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Punk fans deserve their Cody moment

As in they deserve to see him finish the story in WWE

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

His contract got extended, he's not jumping.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It led me to assume the devil is a badass hacker. The character as presented is a real badass

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I thought wrestling was really stupid as a child.

As an adult it's a lot more fun to be childishly stupid.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Saying that wrestling isn't for children because it's violent is really dumb. Children are the most violent and the most hungry for violence out of all humans. The first comedy we can comprehend is slapstick.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's the perfect level of vagueness to back up what you always knew was true.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This is what he's always looked like to me, I'm so sorry some of you had to go through this

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Anyone looking for good wrestling should try Zona 23

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The best part of AEW is that you know that Vince isn't making anyone do the terrible gimmicks. Every moment of Roddy in a neck brace is the man finally getting to cook after years of being locked out of the kitchen.

A shame people still call him a good wrestler after watching him cook

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Both of you seem to have an injury caused by wrestling discourse

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WWE did not get Rhea Ripley over, she did that all on her own.

forkboy84 posted:

Why does AEW feel the need to continue booking the absurdly cooked Hardy Brothers? Especially when they have more signed wrestlers than TV time, seems a giant waste of time

Big nostalgia act company

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Putting the belt on Toni Storm the week her gimmick ran out of material whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

AEW IT Security