Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They haven’t brought in The Dudley Boyz yet 😔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kenny showing off AEW Fight Forever gameplay for the first time

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Got a lot of complaints and lil’ stinker takes but this MJF face world champion run is bad enough that it fully killed my interest in watching.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tony’s handling of the entire Elite/Punk fallout was embarrassingly bad. Threw away years worth of big money matches/feuds by not knowing how to manage his talent and nip something like that in the bud.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Punk should be a lesson in why nostalgia is never worth chasing, another case of fan Tony loving business Tony

Disagree

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Dark Order’s peak was over 10 years ago in PWG

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Young Bucks are stuck in an endless loop of phoning it in while they either tease breaking up the elite or wrestler FTR.

SCU - Dead

Top Flight - always injured, dead

Bear Country - very dumb, lost all their heat, might as well be dead

P&P - Tony can't manage talent, dead

2.0 - currently in the most WWE poo poo of their life

Aussie Open - Welcome to the big leagues, hurt and dead.

Beaver Boys - in the worst faction in the company

Super smash bros - dead

Best friends - Tony rewards them for constantly killing themselves for his entertainment with a spot in the face.

Butcher and the Blade - ton of potential who needed a trainer, dead.

Hardy Boyz - should be dead and one of them is trying and being allowed to.

Private party - sorry kids, careers over, dead

ReDRagon - dead

AEW sucks for tag teams

Hybrid 2 - dead

Swerve in our glory - dead

AEW sucks for tag teams. Big Bill and Ricky are legitimately the most entertaining ones right now, deserve to hold the titles, and that's a bit sad.

The Days of Future Past cover but it’s all of these on the poster

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think a lot of their most misused roster members are guys that were over like rover in places like PWG but then Tony brought them in and had no idea what to do with them. He’s OP’s favorite punching bag but Chuck Taylor, when used right, is legitimately great in the right environment. Some acts just don’t work on weekly TV.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Missed u

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Let's get our hate home grown. Don't need a podcaster to give me the scoop that the tournament will have job guys, the point of the tournament is for some guys to win and some to lose, and not all of the planned losers want to lose. Definitely don't need them to know the build has been bad.

Don’t care about this poo poo, tbh

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fans who go to AEW shows lives are, for the most part, villains and cads. Garbage fanbase.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

Why do you hate fun?

When I went to the first Grand Slam I was sat in front of, in my estimation, the stinkiest racist in the tri-state area.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

cm punk was 100% right

Been saying this

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

AEW would be so much better if they made me the booker

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

When will your campaign of lies and deceit end 😔

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Crazy Tony Khan of failing All Elite Wrestling and owner of bad football franchises has a problem-his wrestling show is no longer "hot"

Eddie looked disgusting--nipples protruding--in his Gold Block on Rampage. Very very disrespectful.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

he's in the blue block.
not that i'd expect a stinker like you to pay attention

For the love of god let Tony cook

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bungle Boy Hack Perry

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Tony should fire The Young Bucks and bring back CM Punk to win the crowds back and have a professional merch operation where you can buy a shirt of your favorite wrestler at the show

A beautiful vision of heaven

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

blunt posted:

Honestly everything went to poo poo when they got rid of the Runnels.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

OctoberCountry posted:

Adam Cole has done more long term damage to this promotion than CM Punk

It brings me no pleasure to confirm this

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The MJF thing is so frustrating because you know that he’s better than this. Everything before teaming with Cole (up to and including their very very good first match) was gold. This should be beneath him.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

“Hardcore AEW Fans Who Never Engaged With 2000s/2010s Indie Wrestling” was a type of person I didn’t think existed a year or so ago but have come to realize somehow makes up the majority of the fanbase. Bizarre!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I didn’t watch wrestling after WCW died I had wayyyy cooler things to do like uhhhhhhh… I specced Long Island Hardcore instead of 00s wrestling

I started following WWE again in 2015 when Sting showed up because he was my favorite wrestler in WCW and I quickly realized it was still fuckin garbage and then I saw clips of Omega vs Okada I and the rest was history. Never heard of ROH or TNA until 2017 and never saw a Punk match until he debuted in AEW lol.

I’m very glad that at least seeing Sting break his neck in WWE wasn’t the end

I’m driving to your house with a thumb drive filled with 2012 PWG shows and the ROH Summer Of Punk dvd I’ve had since college. Adjust your thanksgiving plans accordingly

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

zero percent better there is already too much roh stink on it

Prejudice against non-aew companies, especially during aew’s flop era, is a sickness of the mind and of the soul.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Anyone who celebrated Punk getting fired was celebrating the beginning of the end for AEW. Personally it brings me no pleasure that AEW is dying, but it is.

I watched my favorite company die when I was a kid so I’m prepared this time. I just hope The Invasion angle is better this time around.

You’re both correct

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

i read report that the end of aew is being tied to the sting retirement angle and will be a 'multiversal event' featuring njpw and aew and even wwe stars. john hausman of haus of wrestling reported yesterday that it will be like the marvel endgame with the big armies charging at each other and that's going to be aew + njpw led by mjf and adam cole versus' cody rhodes wwe army. a big battle royale fought to a standstill with all the big beloved stars and something special for the gals too. hard cut to the main event, its the OG three, kenny omega, jon moxley and sting staring down the big dog roman reigns and his island of relevancy. all seems lost when sting throws the bat to kenny - woah, he is worthy? he hits the juggernaut for the 1. 2. no! its broken up by seth rollins and.... the REAL dean ambrose? the shield is reunited. spear! the big dog stacks them and pins. ding ding ding. aew is over. of course aspects of this could change in the months to come

Yes yes that’s all well and good but how do Blue Bowser and Yellow Mario play into it?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

imagine losing your golden goose to the competition because of a couple of anti draws from socal. tony khan doesn't deserve to be in the wrestling business lmao

Tony Khan: *slams dick in car door*
PSP Goon: masterful gambit, sir

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

AEW right now feels like 2004-2005ish TNA: indie guys and recent fed firings putting on very good but for the most part not career defining in-ring work, coupled with mostly lousy angles. It’s got a failstink on it that they don’t seem particularly interested in shaking off.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

this is one of the only places online still drinking the aew koolaid

Picture this guy saying “lol. lmao even”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MotU posted:

Bungle Boy Hack Perry

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

If Tiny Con let’s Ricky walk then he is the most brainless booker in wrestling history

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That DICK! posted:

wrestling kefka

That drat kefka laugh….

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Grody Chodes

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Both aew and the wwf suck, it’s sad but unfortunately true. They should make a new, good wrestling show.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The happiest I was as a wrestling fan was 2012-2017 when I was mostly just following indies/Japan, it’s time to get back to that mindset.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

fez_machine posted:

yeah Hangman sucks.....hes bad and he weeps like a baby

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Can’t forgive the Crybaby Cowboy. Won’t do it.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I rewatched the All Out 2022 media scrum and Punk was right about everything

Been saying this!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

“Rhea Ripley isn’t a star” is incredibly PSP-Brain’d