Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I don't watch much AEW but I heard on the Internet that Wardlow's lost it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
At New Blood Rising, something unthinkable happened: Goldberg refused to follow the script.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
What was he even implying? This stuff confuses me.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Was the controversy related to Jericho? What even happened? I'm not trying to start anything but I don't really know where else to ask, lol.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Thanks guys! Wrestling discourse is, to be quite frank, a bit ridiculous.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
This is all mega cringe lads and not in the fun Peep Show or Michael Scott way.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I don't think you should get Stand Up For WWE'd if you thought Tony's tweets were a bit silly. It's, like, Vince has had far worse and much more public temper tantrums because he's a legit psychopathic manchild but that wasn't the point DAMNIT.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Shard posted:

One and a half dead - that's like in frighteners where if you die as a ghost you go to heaven or hell

Dead dead dead dead deadly dead dead dead oooh deeeeeeeaaaaad

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The whole thing just seems unnecessary to me. I'm all for referencing a wrestler's history (their LORE if you will), but I don't think much good comes of disparaging people in other promotions as part of a storyline. Most of the time it's just embarrassing, like The Huckster with Billionaire Ted or the Voodoo Kin Mafia offering to shoot fight DX. The meta drama can be funny, but usually it's obnoxious and brings out nothing but bad feelings amongst workers and fans alike. Not defending WWE here by any means, I just think AEW could have handled it much better, preferably by just not bothering with it.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It won't be a big deal to anyone but us stupid wrestling nerds by the end of the week, but thinking it over I was reminded of when Britt Baker showed up at an NXT show to watch Adam Cole a few years ago. WWE put her on camera and had the commentators crow "ISN'T THAT ADAM COLE'S GIRLFRIEND??", supposedly to get her in trouble with AEW, which I can definitely see being the case as WWE might be the pettiest company to have ever existed. When it turned out that Tony Khan and AEW actually didn't give a poo poo, it was WWE who looked like idiots for unintentionally shining a light on their own toxic working culture. I think that's much better than wasting good show time on goofy stuff that's not going to have many benefits or payoff. CM Punk is an egotistical manchild with an anger problem, let WWE deal with him!

That's my detached POV anyhoo. Again, definitely not saying that WWE haven't done such stupidity because they have for many, many years, from Reo Rogers and DX "invading" Nitro to that NXT guy who was apparently supposed to be a Tony Khan parody.

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Apr 11, 2024

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
HAILING FROM MEALS ON WHEELS

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm watching Dynamite and have actually now seen the Punk segment in full (as opposed to clips) and omg so bad. It's so much worse than I thought.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

yeah he looks like a loon right

Punk is an absolute muppet who in reality shouldn't have "won" the situation, but I can absolutely see why he and his fans feel smug after that segment.

The FTR promo was much more enjoyable but I still don't like the referencing other promotions nonsense. I don't think I've ever liked it. The rest of the show has been pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Legend.