Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Nobody under the age of 40 can carry the company. Put the belt on Bryan Danielson or Christian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I don't know if there is a satisfying resolution to the Devil angle at this point. The Devil being MJF feels like a step backwards, and someone like Adam Cole or Jack Perry just feels like a letdown. Hangman would actually be a shocking and unique twist, but I don't know if I want to see Hangman as a heel. Multiple Devils Theory is fine, but for the twist to actually work, there has to be at least one shocking mastermind behind it all.

Anyway, Swerve should be the next world champ.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
One of my favorite wrestlers of all time, Kenny Omega, was really bad in a really bad segment. And I don't know how to accept that.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
2018 NJPW was booked better than 2023 AEW. And that wasn’t even the peak of NJPW booking.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
To be fair 2018 Gedo probably wasn’t on Twitter 24/7 arguing with trolls who claim the company doesn’t tell enough stories.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Oh, my intent was not to defend TK in any way. He does it to himself.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Christmas is about Jesus Christ, as in "Jesus Christ people are still going on about this bullshit???"

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Classicst3ve posted:

So sick of the loving backstage drama in this loving company. Total loving horseshit. No one is happy. This guy is leaving. That guy is unhappy. This guy won't do jobs. This guy fights other guys cause of slights or hearsay or planetary alignments or whatever ridiculous reason. The ratings are mercurial and no one can figure out why or what to do. And there's sexual harassment and loving stupid poo poo. And Ric loving Flair is backstage, for fucks sake. This company deserves to loving die and there shouldn't be an alternative, we never loving deserved it.

yeah

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Wrestling is a bad industry full of bad people and I'm complicit for supporting it. And every form of entertainment is practically the same, some just put on nicer masks. Life sucks and then you die. Happy new year everybody.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Remember when everyone was clamoring for AEW to take the tag belts off of SIOG and onto the Acclaimed? lmao

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Dave just leaked TK's booking plans for Okada:

- HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT debut
- Four weeks of backstage interviews
- Hype debut match
- Off TV for 4 weeks
- Jay Lethal feud
- Beats Bryan in the rubber match
- Off TV for 4 weeks
- Feud with Takeshita
- Off TV for 4 weeks
- MJF calls him the "Golden Rain Maker"
- Trios title reign with Orange Cassidy & Trent

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Are we pretending that Hangman vs Toa Liona isn't enough to sell out UNO Lakefront Arena?

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Joey McChrist posted:

the act is stinky, get them away from bcg immediately

:yeah:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I am a big fan of Swerve. I think Swerve should be the next AEW World champ. He will be one of the top stars of this company for years to come…

BUT he should never follow a Will Ospreay match ever again. They have very similar styles, and Swerve usually looks like the smoothest guy in the room, but Ospreay looked like he was on another level. Maybe it was just an off night for Swerve, but I just can’t imagine Swerve having a match as good as Billy did with Takeshita.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Also Soup should be wrestling every week and winning all of his matches.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
House of Torture at Forbidden Door :negative:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
In Bust We Trust

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

jeff has had great matches.

Yeah in 2008

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Was thinking about this last night in the late hours…. With the ratings on the decline AGAIN, and attendance in the toilet… WBD have to be furious with Tony spending so much money on Okada and Botcha. PPV is the only thing keeping AEW going at the moment it seems. It’ll be interesting to see where it ends up after their current contract expires in April

Why would WBD care what TK spends his money on? Unless they have a stake in the company, which has been denied AFAIK.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Tony is a great booker and a bad promoter

This is a really good way of putting it.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
What's everyone's favorite thing about AEW Fight Forever? Mine is

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

magiccarpet posted:

Ever since going to a live show, my wife always reminds me of just how poo poo Claudio's uppercuts look

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
AEW fires famous worker's rights advocate CM Punk and then this happens. Should've known you can't trust a team called "The Elite" shm

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

RBX posted:

His "bosses" tried to come in his locker room and grandstand and they hosed around and found out.

I'm glad we chased out yea ok so we could bring in quality posters like this guy!

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Parallax posted:

guys can insult HHH all they want when the rock is gonna push him out within six months

:pray:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

i genuinely think tony has started paying posters to astroturf itt

People are getting paid for this? I've been blindly defending TK for free!

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

holy poo poo, Randall over on the JobberNation discord just said a HUGE AEW story is about to break regarding their deal with WB. says WB have been trying to cancel their deal with Tony since about September 2023 (this lines up with my own reports). If this is true, then... I dunno guys

It’s so over :negative:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

TelevisedInsanity posted:

All Endorphin Wrestling, and it's just wrestling with their personal anxieties.

Very brave.

Yeah I enjoyed the Hangman/Swerve feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

C. Everett Koop posted:

no one wants to admit that vince was, once again, right about someone and that adam cole is a tiny little manlet who should only be used to put over real talents, like keith lee and karrion kross

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Obvious bait, even Vince knew Darrion Dross sucks.