Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Hate this f*ckin company with my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CM Punk was a test for this company and they failed it like a dog!!

Hardly anyone in the locker room actually cares about the company succeeding, like maybe 5 guys do tops. The rest are more concerned about their own spot, collecting a steady paycheck, or running back to the fed the first chance they get.

Tony hosed himself when he put Elite in the name of the company because then he had to fork over boat loads of cash to the checked out Young Bucks to avoid being embarrassed by them leaving. As if they'd actually go to WWE and be anywhere near on Cody's level. They'd have a couple matches with The Usos and Sami/Kevin and then WWE wouldn't know what to do with em. You hear lots of stories about who backstage is influential in helping the younger talent, spending time with the younger talent and I've never heard the young bucks mentioned not even once lol. Waste of $$$$$$. If it were me, I'd give both their salaries to Cody to get him back.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

to be fair, why should independent contractors care about some billionaire money mark’s pet project succeeding????

cuz for 90% of them it means going back to the independents getting hepatitis if this crap fails! shoulda played college volleyball if they wanted to be wwe superstars

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

Tony’s handling of the entire Elite/Punk fallout was embarrassingly bad. Threw away years worth of big money matches/feuds by not knowing how to manage his talent and nip something like that in the bud.

its actually good for business when talent doesn't get along

absolute clown poo poo lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kurash posted:

The General Discussion thread's propensity to gloss over legitimate criticism with monotone, one braincell non-comments that are half forced ignorance and half personal attack loving sucks

We’re not doing that here thanks

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

when my grandkids ask me what AEW was like for the first 3 years

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

projecthalaxy posted:

1. Never have hired pointless punk
2. Make the shows good instead of bad
3. Quintuple roh budget

you make a good point with #2 not sure about the other ones though

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

When they cancel Collision Tony should do a round of layoffs

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

When Collision does 270k viewers against Smackdown:

epic win

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

2019: Wrestling fans are underserved and need something different.
2023: I announced this tournament on 11 days notice, the prize is some weird midcard title that I can't even properly explain, I won't even tell you who's in it until the day of the tournament, but I'm not gonna stuff the matches to the gills with interference for once so you better loving watch it and stop whining.

Party's over. It was a fun company while it lasted.

lol the nerve of this mf

I’ve been to 10+ shows including the first Double or Nothing and the first Dynamite, bought every single pape for $50, watched every single week, bought the poo poo game, and bought a stupid amount of action figures. How about you stop making me embarrassed to be a fan?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

would be very cool if they reboot the show after the C2 but the earliest possible chance for anything resembling that is whenever adam cole heals in late 2024 so tony can Finish The Story.

more crap from an arse until then

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah if you want AEW Hell let me tell you how fuckin dumbshit it is to have Okada come in and just lose repeatedly.

Always gonna be an attraction, but hey let's kill a lil of his shine against a guy who can't wrestle him without breaking. I'm absolutely sore about this, yes.

its because tony wants to punish NJPW for not partnering with AEW earlier. he's stealing or burying all their top guys, and turning their bad belts into worse belts.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

When I went to the first Grand Slam I was sat in front of, in my estimation, the stinkiest racist in the tri-state area.

i have a gland condition but you cannot deny that the seats were really good

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Tato posted:

I bought tickets to Battle of the Belts I and that corrected me from buying AEW tickets moving forward. Didn't even have good t-shirts for sale to cover my mass.

cm punk was 100% right about AEW's merch situation

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i think cody had a dumb brain for booking but i'd give up most AEW stars to have him back. he was the only EVP that did anything even remotely EVPish

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

also the codyverse was mostly bad but not as bad as the jerichoverse or whatever we're calling the mjf crap

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

On reflection I would have to agree, nothing the other guys have done has been half as entertaining as Cody getting a boot to the head while beginning what was meant to be a moving speech, or Glock Anderson

in my head: the codyverse was like bad WCW where we'll always remember and laugh about it. jericho and mjf's bad stuff is like bad WWE where you forget about it 6 months after it happened.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I have a feeling if Cody was around the descent into pure sports entertainment would have happened quicker as we had both MJF and thr Codyverse. Even if they were feuding they'd still double the time

i definitely think he needed to leave when he did, but i hope he comes back and saves the company before its too late

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If Tony Khan wants to get more money out of me he’s going to need to add a Rant Room

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Company's struggling to sell tickets, WWE's eating their lunch in the ratings, they wasted a bunch of money on a videogame nobody's playing, WWE signed away AEW's hottest up-and-comer (and also Jade Cargill), fans aren't into the "WWE Lite" booking he's doing...at this point TK better just hope Mercedes Mone hasn't started taking calls/texts from Stamford again

Crazy Tony Khan of failing All Elite Wrestling and owner of bad football franchises has a problem-his wrestling show is no longer "hot"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Tony should fire The Young Bucks and bring back CM Punk to win the crowds back and have a professional merch operation where you can buy a shirt of your favorite wrestler at the show

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I do not know if this company can survive a 2+ month build to Dork Perry being the Devil lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I don't want to hear another bad word about Hangman being world champ when it's a loving miracle his Adam Cole feud wasn't complete death.

It was complete death

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

The MJF thing is so frustrating because you know that he’s better than this. Everything before teaming with Cole (up to and including their very very good first match) was gold. This should be beneath him.

He’s better than this and you know it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Buying ROH is one of the worst things that happened to AEW.

I had zero attachment to the brand and wouldn’t have cared if WWE bought it and I don’t care about all its dumb belts or that it’s crawling along with all the dark jobbers that Tony keeps renewing because they’re friends with the right people

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

I don't mind roh because I literally don't watch it. I don't care about it but I also don't care that it exists. And the roh people that are actually featured on AEW are good so I don't mind that either.

If it stayed in its own bubble as some sort of patronage of the jobber arts I wouldn’t care but all the belts are on tv all the time and involved in major storylines in a company that had too many belts before you add in ROH

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

“Hardcore AEW Fans Who Never Engaged With 2000s/2010s Indie Wrestling” was a type of person I didn’t think existed a year or so ago but have come to realize somehow makes up the majority of the fanbase. Bizarre!

I didn’t watch wrestling after WCW died I had wayyyy cooler things to do like uhhhhhhh… I specced Long Island Hardcore instead of 00s wrestling

I started following WWE again in 2015 when Sting showed up because he was my favorite wrestler in WCW and I quickly realized it was still fuckin garbage and then I saw clips of Omega vs Okada I and the rest was history. Never heard of ROH or TNA until 2017 and never saw a Punk match until he debuted in AEW lol.

I’m very glad that at least seeing Sting break his neck in WWE wasn’t the end

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJF cried AEW died

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

btw if you're on team "this tournament is being promoted like poo poo on purpose", I think this is the first time maybe ever that we didn't know a single match on the next episode of Dynamite besides maybe PPV weeks.

What’s Tony cooking? Is he trying to kill his own fed now?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

It seems today that all you see
Is violence on the papes and cuckolding on TNT
But where is that good old-fashioned wrestling...
On which we used to rely?!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Anyone who celebrated Punk getting fired was celebrating the beginning of the end for AEW. Personally it brings me no pleasure that AEW is dying, but it is.

I watched my favorite company die when I was a kid so I’m prepared this time. I just hope The Invasion angle is better this time around.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

You’re not wrong!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

cody and punk were both isolated by the bucks. makes you think

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

Punk fans deserve their Cody moment

As in they deserve to see him finish the story in WWE

If that’s where I gotta see it then so be it. Tony introduced me to Mr. Punk and then took him away via his poor management skills.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sure, WWE made him wrestle with MRSA and almost let him die, fired him on his wedding day, lied to him about giving him the Mania main event, and always went out of their way to directly gently caress him over but that's nothing compared to what the Bucks did and be catty

All those people are gone or out of power, Papa H is running the show now. He showed that even when Cody smashed his throne that Forgiveness and Business trumps all.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

That DICK! posted:

i read report that the end of aew is being tied to the sting retirement angle and will be a 'multiversal event' featuring njpw and aew and even wwe stars. john hausman of haus of wrestling reported yesterday that it will be like the marvel endgame with the big armies charging at each other and that's going to be aew + njpw led by mjf and adam cole versus' cody rhodes wwe army. a big battle royale fought to a standstill with all the big beloved stars and something special for the gals too. hard cut to the main event, its the OG three, kenny omega, jon moxley and sting staring down the big dog roman reigns and his island of relevancy. all seems lost when sting throws the bat to kenny - woah, he is worthy? he hits the juggernaut for the 1. 2. no! its broken up by seth rollins and.... the REAL dean ambrose? the shield is reunited. spear! the big dog stacks them and pins. ding ding ding. aew is over. of course aspects of this could change in the months to come

If this is true then all I have to say is Wow

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

post hole digger posted:

punk getting fired wasnt the beginning of the end, punk getting hired was.

in short:

Much like we start dying the day we are born maybe

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the killing blow has been dealt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

imagine losing your golden goose to the competition because of a couple of anti draws from socal. tony khan doesn't deserve to be in the wrestling business lmao