Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
they promised me no mercy and we didn't even get WWE All-Stars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Hobbs is still newer, has plenty of time to grow as a wrestler. As it stands I can't remember many standout singles matches but he has a good look, presence, and charisma

Wardlow is just tall and muscular, don't recall him having any outstanding matches he wasn't carried completely through and has a total void of charisma. At least Goldberg had presence, Wardlow looks like the kind of guy about to go on a 10 story tiktok rant because someone walked in front of him while he was recording himself lifting at a public gym

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Codependent Poster posted:

Wardlow was red hot for a while then he vanished and got brought back and cooled off but was still over then he vanished again and now he's back and has nothing.

He's a prime example of one of TK's bad booking habits in not keeping guys around while they're hot and changing things around.
what exactly do you think would be his peak, because it sure ain't world champion and he already had 3 TNT title runs

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

2.0 had a pretty good AEW run for a team that felt like they peaked already in like 2010, idk what else you want to do with them besides an ROH tag title run or something after the MJF stuff is finally over

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Gumball Gumption posted:

The wrestlers now smarten up their family and loved ones so the hometown win isn't a big deal. A lot of jobbers actually prefer being pinned in their hometowns so that their family can really watch them practice their craft.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Trios stuff works when a company kind of builds around them like Chikara did, or Mexico does, or there's a bunch of factions like Dragon Gate or NJPW (Altho the NEVER trios titles are lame too)

AEW doesn't build the show around trios tho so there's always just like, 6 established trios and half of them are constantly on ice because someone's injured

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

when miro was making references to his wife I was kind of excited because I thought she was a good manager to the Ruusev character when she was introduced but nothing cooled me off like the CJ Perry we get being the same bizarre "my wife is with another man" angles that miro and cj perry had at the end of their WWE careers

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Miro says the peak of his career was loving his wife in a tank before a Wrestlemania against John Cena. Miro could've been a smaller Brock Lesner but he's begging to be Marc Mero instead

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

That DICK! posted:

honestly if i was a billionaire son id probably start a wrestling league with all the dope pwg guys and tell them 'go out there and make magic' and they'd do all sorts of poo poo that would blow your mind. id bring in sick legends like sting and jericho and no more bs paul wight and yeah, i'd get cocky and try to Bunk the Punker. He'd make an enormous fool of me on live public television and i'd make it worse by trying to save it by flame warring disco inferno or something. I'd flip flop on the crisis before me until Phil personally buried me under a pile of TV monitors and left me to die in London

Knowing this, I also know what i'd do from there: I'd get owned on social media trying to be a kayfabe-straddling heel gm for the modern age, a vince strut gif made manifest or so i would think. id keep this up a few years until everyone replying "that prick" and "shat stick" all the time inevitably crushed me and i'd give up, as a peasant like myself would cancel an mmo subscription. id probably try to marry one of the girl wrestlers i liked along the way but would fail to seal the deal
okay but how would you book a niche joshi

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

That DICK! posted:

id gently caress it up big time. id just try to make everybody happy but forget stuff. its not where my eyes are at, im locking eyes on the stinger. id pretty much do every womens division gently caress up thing that has happened. minus britt baker, who would either be locked into a wacky dentist gimmick or future endeavored.
Great Muta has a daughter you can build off that. Hayabusa has one too but I think all she did was put the makeup on once and has never wrestled and she's right to never wrestle. Ric Flair is another wrestler with a daughter but idk if you want to book her

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

forkboy84 posted:

Apparently nor does Tony Khan
Name this Joshi in one shot

It's Yuka Sakazaki who decided to stop dying her hair

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It might be funnier if i didn't probe you, forcing you to rot in a hell of your own making :unsmigghh:
Reverse toxx where the losers can only post in AEW Hell and get probed any time they post outside of it

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Some of AEW's best shows come as a reset after a ppv so should look good enough. only problem is it's also a coinflip because some of their worst shows come after a ppv too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

yeah its really easy to say that at the time when SIOG was winding down and The Acclaimed were super hot, and now The Acclaimed are super over-exposed and SIOG never really got to finish out their feud