Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

It's cool that we had a big dumb storyline that took up a poo poo ton of time leading into the payperview, and then they just did another, separate stupid storyline with the same characters that somehow makes everyone look dumb and has a bunch of holes in its logic rather than continuing or concluding the stupid storyline that led to the paperview.

Oh wait no, it's not.

And as much as I love OC and Mox and love their matches, and the injury thing or whatever, it really feels like every storyline in the company has just been treading water for the last four months or so. Christian is great but he's still just Christian-ing and being in trios matches, no forward movement on anything, and they're adding yet another belt so we can have the same feuds over and over like it was WWE. I was briefly excited a few weeks ago when it seemed like MJF would have to be a fighting champion and face the five completely different guys gunning for his belt in interesting matches, but if every one is as overwrought and tonally weird as the build at this PPV, yeesh. At least won't have five minute back and forth matches being traded, just multimans ending in beatdowns forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I like the deflecting some people have done with the MJF/Cena comparisons. "SuperCena went on for years, and was poo poo everyone got sick of. This new MJF thing has only been around for a few months, what's the problem?" Like, just because that guy held a piece of poo poo in their hands for a long time in the past doesn't mean I'm happy to hold a piece of poo poo in my hand for only a short time, it's still poo poo.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

If Adam Cole, for whom the entire Hangman feud existed to prove was a lovely loser that deserved to never win the big one and has done nothing since to change that, wins the AEW title after this story bullshit instead of someone cool like OC, Swerve, Joe, or Hanger (or even someone like Eddie, Rush, or Jay White), I think it might be the thing that gets me to give up on AEW.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I've never heard that Danielson pooped his pants. I have, heard, however, from an excellent source, that he digs up clams. What he does with those clams I have no idea. Maybe he just buries them again?

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

RBX posted:

He's really being wasted. Also where is Kota

He broke all his feet.

I'm loathe to agree with EMF but Takeshita should be at the top of the card, he's my favorite current wrestler to watch and my wife's second favorite current wrestler to watch (after Ospreay). I want to watch him wrestle on every show. I want to see him murder Darby in the ring and also tear Sammy Guevara's head off.