Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’ll start: there’s too many drat belts
Whoa now, there are only 24 champions, plus all the wrestlers holding other titles, like the AAA Cruiserweight Champion, Strong Openweight Champion, and IWGP United States Heavyweight Champion

AEW World Champion
AEW Women's World Champion
AEW International Champion
TBS Champion
TNT Champion
AEW World Tag Team Champions
AEW World Trios Champion

Dynamite Diamond Ring Winner
Men's Owen Hart Cup Tournament Champion
Women's Owen Hart Cup Tournament Champion
AEW Continental Classic Tournament Champion
FTW Champion

ROH World Champion
ROH Women's World Champion
ROH Pure Champion
ROH World Television Champion
ROH World Tag Team Champion
ROH World Six-man Champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Why has Miro disappeared again?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

UnleashedDad posted:

Thought about what is going on with Miro very briefly yesterday and realized I don't care. It'll be the same start stop stuff with him until he leaves, and we'll be better for it.

A lot of people get the start and stop push though. Like it seemed as if they were ramping up the tag division with Private Party back. Then all that stuff just went nowhere? It was like the tag titles got thrown into this Sting retirement match stuff, but TK is doing a poo poo job of building up tag challengers during the long buildup to this match.

Danhausen returned. Has he not wrestled since the battle royal at Worlds End?

Nick Wayne got this huge push when he debuted. Now he is just a guy in Christian’s stable and I cannot remember the last time he wrestled.

They brought back Stu Grayson and did absolutely nothing with him. Why?

Thunder Rosa returns and she gets a few TV matches against lower card people and they haven’t done anything with her for a month.

Statlander got a good push when she returned with beating Jade, but since losing the TBS title she is directionless.

I can’t even tell you who is feuding Julia for the TBS title. She also feels directionless since the Abadon match at Worlds End.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
That last segment was such a mess. While it was a bit surreal watching Sting come down from the rafters one last time, it felt like there must have been some delay in Sting coming down where they needed to stall because why the hell would they let Darby get beat with a baseball bat so badly for so long, but then do all his spots like nothing happened.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I hate how they have months to build some of the PPVs and they still have matches thrown together the week of the show.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

C. Everett Koop posted:

That's the NBC production way, which assumes that the audience is swinging wildly from crying in inspirational tears to cheering madly and back every five minutes or so. It's ruined their Olympic coverage, made the Gladiators reboot unwatchable, that Gladiators show the Rock did was overproduced and unwatchable. It's garbage and I hate it.

Sometimes you don't need to know everything about someone who's going to be gone in fifteen seconds. Not everyone needs a mission or a movement or #TeamWhatever or #FartStrong. Let someone be a bum and move onto the next one.

It’s not an NBC thing, just TV in general. They recently relaunched Gladiators UK, which is an hour without commercials, but they have to talk to everyone after every little thing they do. At least they don’t cut out entire events like the NBC gladiators reboot did.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

GenghisTron posted:

Just had a look at the roster and lmao I forgot Page Vanzant is apparently still signed??

She last appeared for AEW at Double or Nothing 2022, in her one and only match.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
This is a win win situation for everyone no matter what happens. I don’t care what anybody says. Tell me a situation that’s not hilarious.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

JUNGLE BOY posted:

they’ve promoted it heavily on social media

AEW has? Or are wrestling news journalists just picking up the story.

I watched WM40 Saturday on Sunday morning, so stayed off the Internet to avoid spoilers. When I went online afteward, there was more buzz around the Punk All In footage than Wrestlemania Night 1. It's so strange.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I think the footage makes Puk look like a bigger rear end in a top hat. And made Tony sound like a little bitch since he “feared for his life”

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I’d hate to see what happens to AJ when she asks punk to choke her a little in bed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I hate people fantasy booking certain matches for All In the same way I hate how people do it for Wrestlemania.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
All In will continue to feel like it on paper because of the stadium. But I hope the card doesn’t always feel so hastily thrown together. The proximity to All Out really fucks with it.

Tony is so insistent on stupid traditions.and it feels really dumb to make All In and All Out a week apart and always in London and Chicago.

Would be like if Wrestlemania was always in MSG because that’s where the first one took place. But now they added Super Wrestlemania a week before that in a huge stadium and insistent on keeping both.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Shard posted:

that was a drat good show. no notes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NVQ8v1P4go

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So ticket prices for the Chicago Dynamite on July 3rd... this company wants $721 for front row, $372 for bottom of lower bowl, $88 for top of lower bowl. gently caress that... How the hell did I get $100 2nd Row Tickets to the Dynamite after All In on camera, and now they are charging $563 for the exact same seat?

This is exactly why I'll just wait until the day of the show and see how low prices will go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MJeff posted:

All Out is moving to September 6th. The Too Close Together whiners won. 😔

What the gently caress. They already announced Labor Day Weekend for Chicago. I made plans around this already. Those fuckers.