Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

post hole digger posted:

No comment on the quantity of it but I think the quality of the women’s storylines is pretty high right now. Looking forward to what Mariah May adds to Toni’s angle too

i would rather see mariah may and toni storm wrestle in hard hitting matches where the storyline is that they want to win matches or solve disputes with other athletes in their sport via matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Incorrect. You want to see luther as the fulcrum of the womens division

Again

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

smarxist posted:

no way all the cool and funny people from the pool place are posting here

the pool of styx??

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

when ratings and attendance are both down year over year it seems like many people already put their money where their mouth was

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

That's why I was so mad Omega lost clean. I thought he was politicking himself back on top to fix things even if he wasn't actually going to win it then. But nah, just putting his blessing on MJF's hellreign

i completely forgot this match happened until i read this because it was done with almost zero build on the b show and then omega lost and immediately went back to what he was doing before

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Seemed like pretty obvious satire to me tbh

indubitably. it is clearly a farcical jest to envision the limitless one being subjected to a full year of folding chair assaults which would render him imbecilic

also, it's obvious that the actual thrust of the joke is that the poster is so stupid that this is what it would take to level the playing field

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

everyone hates him because he spoiled one piece live on television

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1693051886989918654/

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

NienNunb posted:

on the mic he sounds like a guy who’s afraid to make phone calls.

that's his gimmick actually

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Even aside from this whole thing, it has kind of crystalised what I think Khan's biggest flaw as a promoter is, and it's basically the same one Vince had, albeit Khan's tastes align more with most of us: He books for himself. Like, he's booking for a theoretical audience that is as online as he is, that watches every show, watches all the ancillary stuff on YouTube, reads Fightful and the Observer and watches a bit of CMLL, Stardom and NJPW as well as some indies. And that's just not the case for every fan watching TBS on a Wednesday night. For folks like people posting here it's not even universally true (how often in the Dynamite GDTs leading up to Forbidden Door do we see someone go "I don't watch New Japan, who dis?" or similar?).

how do so many of you think "i don't know the wrestler who just appeared for the first time" is a problem

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

Showing the footage and having Ospreay say the other poo poo was kind of a mistake, not for obvious reasons but because now WWE knows they can just casually poke at AEW and cause an entire show to be derailed. This might be the first time I’ve seen an AEW show have only one match in a wholeass hour, they sacrificed so much airtime just to cope about poo poo. It’s a bad precedent and it might be legit the first time I’m kind of concerned about how easily shook TK is now

wwe spent the week of their biggest show of the year taking repeated shots at a company that presents no actual competitive threat to them

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Drakkel posted:

Whelp the WCW 2000 label is permanently stuck in now, the only thing this accomplished is ensuring nobody will ever see this company as anything but a joke ever again so I guess I'll just hope they get in a few more good PPVs before it burns to ground cause at least they do that right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTlVRUkwYRI

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

lots of people who would benefit from a big hawaiian looking guy dragging them away from their keyboards tonight

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

The crowd chanted for CM Punk tonight so that tells you what that footage did for AEW

firing cm punk and having your crowd chant his name at your shows occasionally is historically a death knell for any company

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

quaned for sardonically implying wwe went out of business... no...

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Ringo Roadagain posted:

The video was a minute long

almost as long as the random camera shot of a lighting rig at the start of the show

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

*refreshing twitter* i bet big swole will post a gif that will really take tony down a peg any minute now

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

I didn't watch (because lol at watching AEW) but I can't believe the thing that everyone said was a bad idea turned out to be a bad idea. The only person who benefitted from this making TV was CM Punk and the only way he could have benefitted more was if the tape showed him getting Tony in mount and crushing him with a ground and pound for fifteen minutes.

Let me place something into context: I used to work in sports, spent a lot of time in and out of locker rooms. Once you reach a certain level of competition, where there's actual stakes to what people are playing for, there's almost always some kind of confrontation at least once a season. Sometimes it's pushing and shoving, sometimes someone grabs another person and they wrestle for a second, sometimes punches actually get thrown. It may be during practice, it may be in the locker room, once for me it happened on the bus back from a game right after we all stopped at a gas station at 2 in the morning. It lasts for maybe one to two seconds before everyone rushes in to break it up. The end result is laps for those involved, fines if those involved earn money, the coach gives one of those serious talks to the whole team afterwards, and everyone moves on. 99.9% of the time it doesn't go public because it ends up not being a big deal, and part of what makes it a big deal is that it happens somewhat regularly. I've seen it bring a team together, I've seen it finish a bad team off, I've been around teams where the tension is so thick people start wondering who's going to be the first one to start a fight. It's a thing that happens in locker rooms.

"This can't happen in a professional workspace" is what people say and I would agree. If you did this in an office or a worksite or a classroom you'd be disciplined and probably fired. But this isn't your normal workspace. Your job doesn't depend on you slamming into other people for several hours a day, either in practice or in the games themselves. You don't have to look over your shoulder for someone wanting to take your spot and your playing time and your position and your paycheck. When lives are at stake, conflict inevitably arises, the question is how do you deal with it when tensions finally reach a boiling point. A lot of it comes down to good leadership and as we've seen time and time again with Tony, even bad leadership is beyond him.

I know no one's going to read this and are instead going to tell me to shut up and go gently caress myself and eat a bullet or whatever, but that's the honest truth. Leak this footage to TMZ the day after firing Punk if you want to win an online PR slapfight, but this poo poo was embarassing and the only person who comes out looking good is the person this was supposed to embarass.

Also Shang Tsung is far better than Quan Chi, Quan hasn't won a single fight in MK while Shang Tsung nearly overook Earthrealm, plus Shang was the villain in the one good MK movie since we don't talk about Armageddon and the new one was mid at best and furthermore I

i benefitted because it was funny

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

RBX posted:

Booker and Batista
Goldberg Jericho
Vince Bret
Shawn Bret
Brock perfect
Brock Kurt
Andrade Sammy

Probably more we don't hear about because it's not a big deal and usually people don't fight the stars of the company because that career suicide. Just like this fight wasn't a big deal like Samoa Joe said. It only got blown up because some people aren't used to confrontation and get scared to death whenever someone raises their voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTzZli5jOEk

i think it probably actually got blown up because the same guy punched people in front of his bosses on multiple occasions

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

punk getting gently caress and FIND tattooed on the knuckles he keeps introducing random coworkers to when they least expect it

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Fucker posted:

lots of tension here today. did something happen? :smugmrgw:

i'm getting reports that they booked the iwgp world heavyweight champion sanada to wrestle jack perry

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

If Wade is right and Ospreay didn’t want to do that promo but did at the behest of Tony Khan. I feel really bad for Ospreay because he just ruined his career if AEW goes out of business, on the orders of his boss who has proven himself to he a big time moron and wuss, like every other born rich person ever in history.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

Attacking a character’s throne isn’t the same as insulting a guy’s wife. I don’t give a poo poo he can go on TV and call HHH’s kids stupid and say he hopes they get eaten by wild animals, I just don’t want anything bad to happen to Ospreay because of it because obviously Hunter is petty everyone knows that. If AEW fails he’ll probably just go back to NJPW anyway

wife?

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

it was weird how after they showed the video they kept going "brandon, rewind it. show it again"

it took up so much of the show because of that

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

aew will live on in tna as a faction called Elite Never Die featuring matt hardy, serpentico, action andretti, tony nese, and kip sabian

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

She’s a top 10 women’s wrestler of all time easily. I don’t think anyone could disagree unless they have some kind of prejudice against her for something outside of wrestling

she was very disrespectful to grogu

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

he's the top draw in the territory

love him or hate him you have to respect him

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

his public tegan and sara fandom buys max caster too much good will