Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
It's nearly December so it's Nightmare Collective hours in AEW. Maybe TK will pull another January surprise The C2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Purple Monkey posted:

Far too many matches end in flash pins and it's starting to become every bit as tiresome as WWE's DQ finishes

The Anarchy in the Arena matches are impossible to follow and most of the spots in them are becoming hideously overdone

They either need to tell people to stop going on lengthy excursions or just straight up release them. It's impossible to build any kind of feud or momentum when people keep buggering off for months at a time

I know this is the hate thread but what excursions? Of the male roster only Eddie has done an excursion to the G1. Everyone else is injured or has family reasons to to be away. A lot of the female roster desperately needs to spend time in Japan living with a Joshi company but that markedly hasn't happened.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol already deep into the making poo poo up and goon illiteracy parts of a hate thread

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What do you mean by this ?

In order for hate threads to get the juice they need goons tend to either make poo poo up or grossly misread the text of the thing they're talking about like

Misreading the text of AEW so badly as to say this about MJF, the wrestler who has done showbiz songs and outright stated "I hate the wrestling part of wrestling and will do as little of it as possible".

fawning deference posted:

"the wrestler who hates the showbiz elements of wrestling."

Making poo poo up

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It’s Tony’s attempt to punish Danielson for daring to work NJPW

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

The tournament is mostly just a cudgel to use against the fanbase not into AEW becoming WWE-lite/TNA. Who cares?

The C2 is clearly a good faith attempt (not matter how TK spoke at the press conference) at satisfying both Danielson's desire to do a G1 before he retires without actually losing him for a month and the fans feeling alienated from AEW's pivot to showcasing Sports Entertainment at a forefront. I don't think it'll be executed well but that's on AEW's dysfunctions not on its intentions.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GenghisTron posted:

Cody is a mad man and I love him for it but that Ogogo feud was so loving awful I couldn't take him seriously after.

People will say the cape or him going hollywood but Ogogo was the real start of the AEW fanbase souring on Cody

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

snoremac posted:

As an outsider who only ever watched AEW through YouTube clips, they have too many matches that are two indie guys I don't know with no storyline I can find in the clips. Oh finally Adam gently caress vs Yoshi Itsuki.

wish we could quote goons in the Jase Regal thread

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
yeah Hangman sucks.....blood out of a man's face

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
they're a nostalgia act so they probably have pretty good metrics

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

MJeff posted:

Man, if that episode hadn't had the stupid hacker bullshit.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
this ain't WWE Heaven

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

The_Rob posted:

I watch all wrestling friend. Except wwe.

oh yeah? name an astronaut

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I miss the AEW where wrestlers didn't lost in their home town

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

MJeff posted:

Let's not get too crazy here, Menard and Parker are prelim wrestlers. I have a hard time seeing, even in peak AEW, them getting a match in Montreal where they just go out and beat a pushed act.

Like, what's better for them, going out and having a decent match on Collision that gets decent time against a pushed act like Penta and Kommander where they get their big pop, fight hard and lose or going out and having a 5 minute match on RoH against Serpentico or whatever.

I think it's a flaw of Tony's booking style at the moment that a home town over midcard team can't pin a pushed act. Especially, since we're talking about Kommander who's still getting his reps in.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

HonorableTB posted:

just remembered the rumor that tony khan wrote that wrestling sleeze list that circulated a lot on the old internet? lol i can absolutely believe it. dont wanna link it here because its tremendously gross but i'm sure you all know what i'm talking about anyway

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s not a rumour iirc he gave away his username in an interview or some poo poo and people realised he was the OP of the thread

lol the incredible detective work that was required to figure out that sleaze thread OP coachtonyk was Tony Khan

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The only good wrestling mystery angle was Charlie Brown From Outta Town

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Drakkel posted:

Wasn't the whole point of the Four Pillars concept that it's about the future stars cause it's referencing the original Four Pillars of All Japan or some such?

Yes, they're all young first year AEW wrestlers who caught on in some way with the crowd and had a high in-ring ceiling.

I think the AEW = Judaism comment was directed at WWE lifers/Cornett creeps not AEW protestants like this thread. Like noted virulent anti-semite Martin Luther, this thread is a big list of complaints nailed to TK's door because of love.

MJeff posted:

Okada doesn't do stupid grab-rear end masked man storylines during the G1. Just sayin'.

"Scooby Dooby Doo" Balloon Okada was during G1 2018. But you know, that was a genuine character arc and felt in keeping with Okada goes in insane without the big one trait not a meandering, stalled story with a for sure anti-climatic resolution.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
YMZ and Ice Ribbon diet

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

is DDT good? i feel like DDT might be good

DDT's an acquired taste. It's a true variety show so there's bound to be stuff you either don't like or really love on each card. There's a good amount of bullshit, but it never ever expects you take it's bullshit seriously and it almost never touches the main event or the world title.

I always recommend the 4 hour Takeshita champ matches comp they put up on youtube if you want a taste of workrate DDT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQMu5xQU5iw

Some the wacky/creative stuff people have differing opinions on but made DDT's reputation:
Lego Deathmatch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11b-aRxL7NE

The Don't Break The Light Tube Death Match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSrH4TuKq1I

Their street fights in any and all locations (here's one in the Tokyo Dome with Suzuki), always expect gnarly bumps in these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGPp94whB3k

and here's some of the prime bullshit that people hate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiUO3lmKje0

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Y'all going on about Punk and Jericho and missing the real news of the day

This is the hell thread not the mecca

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Takeshita was pretty weedy before like 2 or so years ago

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

MJeff posted:

I just got my match of the year ballot, somebody tell me what matches I liked this year.

liked? not in the hell thread

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

JUNGLE BOY posted:

are you trying again to get us shut down

yes

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

MJeff posted:

The Hardys loving suck.

free Mark Briscoe

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
A Pillman angle but NJPW is ECW

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
glad to have TK on my side in the campaign to close the hell thread

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Pylons posted:

I'm beginning to think Tony hated his own show last year.

just about said so whenever he was asked about ROH

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The Jay White Chaos run was very fun

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
He's right
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1764315826025312669

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
PWG-style party matches should be the entire point of the trios division

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, a lot of folks in this subforum seem to actually believe this.

You're posting in the AEW Hell thread set up specifically because lots of folks in this subforum were annoyed with Tony's booking

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jackie D posted:

But god drat is this an annoying time to pour water on the momentum they've had since the C2

the tag team tournament did that already

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

I know no one's going to read this and are instead going to tell me to shut up and go gently caress myself and eat a bullet or whatever, b

the only correct thing in the post

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Fucker posted:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1778510579814088792

lil boss baby got a blankie
on to the good wrestling again :cheerdoge:

Rovert is banned from this forum

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
whiny city riot

fez_machine