Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

yea ok posted:

three way is really stupid too but the match should be good at least

feel like theyre doing this cause it allows for a semifinal not to be a straight rematch, why theyre not just doing A1 vs B2 and A2 vs B1 for the semis instead to avoid this problem entirely i dont know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
mjf, current world champion, ghost of Christmas future

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

apophenium posted:

It might be cope but I genuinely think Max is losing tomorrow

the way the odds are stacked against him, i dont see him winning, youd have to be some kinda superman

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
i kinda get why they wanted the main story coming out of the ppv to be theres a major new heel faction rather than there is a new world champion but i dont know if this was a great way of ending things

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
what have been some of those great toni storm matches

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
ibushi had his brain removed also but as a kid and they never put it back

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
it's fresh to me cause I can't remember the last time she cut one

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
judges for the pure rules match being seated stage side with no monitors, who is supposed to take this seriously

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Blasmeister posted:

‘Hey, chant this, specifically’ stuff feels kinda insulting

seems a good idea, it worked out well for swerve

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
the ospreay promo has made me look forward to his match against a guy who always loses on PPV, that's story enough for me

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I prefer her doing WWE on rampage to mjf doing it on dynamite

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
really glad ospreay didn't lean into bruv as a catchphrase for his promo, thought he might since the crowd likes to chant it and it'd be an easy way to get more of a reaction but also a different type

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
ospreay should drop the kawada kicks as it's the single bad looking move he does

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
they're gonna get a big tv deal and continue putting great matches on tv and PPV, outside of crowds getting smaller still and mjf creative coming back I don't see what's to be depressed about

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
they thought they could use it to heat up jay white after he lost a big match but things didn't work out that way

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Eat My Fuc posted:

I can’t think of a wrestler less needed by the industry than Adam Cole. There’s just no world in which that guy can or would fight anyone

'fake stutters during a promo'

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

ThePariah posted:

AEW fires famous worker's rights advocate CM Punk and then this happens. Should've known you can't trust a team called "The Elite" shm

tony khan knows the one way he can still hurt punk is to fire some of his beloved former coworkers

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Jay White who was in a PPV main event struggling to beat Billy Gunn sure is ???? booking.

wild how long they had that match go considering it was just a set up for an acclaimed run in

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
im curious what they do for the next two weeks of tv for the ospreay/danielson and joe/strickland matches, the latter especially felt like a go home segment last week

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Pylons posted:

Again I think the footage is really embarrassing for Punk.

why else would they show it

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MorningMoon posted:

I assume we'll see Phil put Jack in the saddest chokehold ever seen and Jack will easily get out of it. It'll be replayed like 3 times with that effect they use on football like you're drawing on top with dry erase pens and the Bucks will talk up how skilled Jack is for escaping a Real MMA fighter's attempt at his life, leading to Jack's return and the program with FTR growing.

this feels like a reasonable guess to me as i assume you want to have some form of kayfabe reason for showing the footage and a perry return makes sense timing wise and alignment wise with the bucks

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Sisal Two-Step posted:

i am starting to wonder if mercedes isn't actually cleared and that's why she hasn't wrestled at all

her being announced for DON and skipping dynasty make me think this is the most likely scenario. they decided to sign her long before she was cleared and at some point figured were already paying her so lets at least put her on tv, even if its not to wrestle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
it is now, a ladder match