Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Most Power Alex posted:

The bottom layer of AEW Hell contains Christopher Daniels chewing on Cody Rhodes and Jade Cargill, with a spot saved in his third mouth for MJF.

I haven't read a translation of La Divina Commedia since college... but drat it if you aren't making me think about digging up a copy from somewhere online.

Edit: Holy Crap, they've got some cool editions of it available now. https://digitaldante.columbia.edu/

Kvantum fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

drat, both Jack Perry and @fuckjackperry

And Sammy Guevara and Dr. Britt.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Gumball Gumption posted:

AEW IT Security

So glad I never heard back about their Director of IT job after I applied last spring.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Barry Bluejeans posted:

MJF's the champ, Sammy's hurt/on paternity leave, JB's the devil (probably), Darby's climbing Mount Everest. It wasn't a matter of them being purposefully excluded.

Sammy's cleared medically, but with as rough a last couple months as Tay had with her pregnancy, yeah, it ain't Sammy. He's at home where he needs to be, maybe until after Revolution.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Pylons posted:

The Bernie Sanders of wrestling promotions.

AEW fans apparently are slightly better educated and make slightly more money than WWE fans, as a whole. Yup, checks out.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

projecthalaxy posted:

MJF has been quietly removed from the AEW roster page lol

It's a work unless/until he shows up on WWE TV or a PLE. And that ain't happening until after he gets shoulder surgery/heavy rehab.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Gumball Gumption posted:

Still the right choice because killing the trios titles by putting them on a fun but inconsequential team is the right choice for AEW. Less belts.

So just move them over to Toppest Flight, another fun but inconsequential team. Or else turn one of the 47 mens' singles belts into the de facto Cruiserweight belt and give it to Dante Martin.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shard posted:

this is a really lovely post wishing harm on a performer because you're too dumb to understand him. do better

And from a former Surgeon General of the United States, too. For shame.

Gaz-L posted:

I'm honestly hoping they put Dante over OC tonight. If they'd moved Orange into feuding with higher card guys after the Mox rematch it'd be one thing, but they basically just have him back doing the same thing. And yes, they're presenting it as him picking fights rather than just taking on all comers this time, but it's still basically sending him out to wrestle undercard guys in 10 minute 3-4 star matches, which is fine but we've seen it for over a year now.

I don't know if I was thinking the International Title or the TNT title, but yeah, one of them. There should be a Super-Heavyweight title for the MEAT division and the Cruiserweight title for the high flyers and luchadors.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Joey McChrist posted:

the beginning of the end was giving himself that "won't ever challenge for the world title" clause right off the bat. dumb gently caress!

The clause was fine. The "unwillingness to turn heel to cheat his way around that clause" was the problem. Cody turns heel, screws Hangman out of his title. Hangman has to chase him for several months to get it back.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Seams posted:

are the rumours true? is AEW “back”??

Well, there's the card for Dynamite on Wednesday so far, and they just announced that the top 5 rankings for each division are coming back, too.

Yeah, I'm thinking AEW is back.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shard posted:

What are their criticisms?

The 2000 WCW levels of recent attendance.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

1glitch0 posted:

Any guesses on what this BIG ANNOUNCEMENT is going to be?

March 13th in Boston, Mass. Wednesday Night Dynamite: Money Will Rain.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

1glitch0 posted:

I am admittedly not Mercedes Mone's biggest fan, but I think Tony may have put a little too much hype on that announcement if it's just Mone showing up. Like one of the biggest nights in AEW and pro wrestling history or whatever? That's a lot.

Mercedes and Okada together, though, that would be debatably that big.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Jackie D posted:

Too much Jericho 🙏

Then might I refer you and this entire thread to the most recent episode of Jericho's podcast. Him and Toni Storm in character for an hour. It's like pure, concentrated Hell Thread outrage fuel!

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Suplex Liberace posted:

why the hell is there no collision? No pre-empt? Just no show? Tony wtf

Blame the NBA all star game.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Eat My Fuc posted:

The actual four pillars are MJF (The kid is still a fantastic worker and promo just had a terrible storyline because it involved Heatless Adam Cold)

Swerve, Darby, and OC

That's a funny way to spell "Swerve, Hangman, Takeshita, Ospreay".

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

JUNGLE BOY posted:

with this insane roster adding okada and mercedes, i’m more eager than ever to cut the dead weight

the sammy experiment is over. and why would kip sabian ever be on tv again? send miro back to the fed

phase 2 of the aew cinematic universe has begun

Yeah, Sammy has a bit of that Ricochet feeling to him. A good hand, but will never have a serious run in the Main Event.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shard posted:

give me about 40 more years and I should be up to the task

I'll beat you by at least 20 years. I doubt I'll make it to 60.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

flashy_mcflash posted:

Shad has invincible Indian dad energy that I aspire to.

Pakistani, not Indian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

post hole digger posted:

Tony couldnt even score a FunkPop contract :( can't wait for the Daily's Place Megabloks set

WWE supposedly has an exclusive contract with Funko. No other wrestling companies allowed.