Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grandma agreed to let us host it this year, but she's skeptical, I think, that we can pull it off.

Please list the dish or item you'll be bringing, and any preferences or food allergies.

We're gonna start eating around 5, but it's a whole day event. Come on over whenever, games on all day.

Note: Uncle Bob will be probably be drunk. We got a TV he can watch in the guest room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

https://twitter.com/samtrayter/status/1726428563866349579

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

You what's up I'm here y'all

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Don’t worry, I took the turkey out to thaw this morning. Should only take an hour or so and then I can get cooking.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hell yeah!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smugworth posted:

You what's up I'm here y'all

Aw yeah, got plenty of room for your friends. Bring something though!

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Gonna boil the turkey in beer, everyone will appreciate my pioneering spirit at their expense!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Don’t worry, I took the turkey out to thaw this morning. Should only take an hour or so and then I can get cooking.

throw er in the deep fryer

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I let Daryl pick the movie lineup for today. It's gonna be Biodome and The Room, played back-to-back on repeat

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bradzilla posted:

throw er in the deep fryer

That’s a great idea! I’ll do it right here in the kitchen.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'll be taking the literal minutes it takes to throw together the green bean casserole like i do every year and haul that slop over to my parents

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Please, do not block the neighbor on the left's driveway. Also, carpool if you can or take Smugworth's bus.

We're expecting a lot of people and parking will be tight.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Stuffing is looking nice n juicy, dig in folks!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

*hangs the turkey neck out of my pants*

Honey, look at this. Honey. *snickers* Honey. HONEY. Honey, check this out. Look at this. Honey.

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 20, 2023

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

No, grandma, you just sit and relax. I'm handling the food and it's almost all done. No, I don't think the yams need more salt, if they do you can put them on at the table, how's that sound? No, I don't know why there are so many birds outside today, either.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I DON'T SPATCHCOCK. EVER

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Personal request: My sister Mary said she's going to come, with her new husband. As you may have heard, he's dragged her into some weird cult (I think they worship Mercury or something IDK). So they're probably gonna bring it up. Please be polite, we're trying to keep in touch with her in case this cult stuff goes any deeper. TIA.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I made the curried cream cheese and mango chutney cracker dip, and also the sour cream beet salad that everyone will love. Uwa~~!! Where are all of my friends going!? :o: and all on my first thanksgiving

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Uncle Steve, please don't talk politics here, okay? Nobody wants to argue, I just want us to have a nice meal together. Why do you have your phone out? Please don't show the kids videos of January 6th. Please, I am asking you nicely.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Can we not invite your uncle that says the n-word and, despite the evidence of his eyes as a school janitor, believes wholeheartedly that there are litterboxes for furries in schools?

No?

Ok.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Everyone refused to come because they are either at work or have never heard of the holiday :(

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Need a volunteer to be the DD for the day, keys will be taken at the door :)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bradzilla posted:

Need a volunteer to be the DD for the day, keys will be taken at the door :)

Smugworth. He's got a bus.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

No, Uncle Terry we don't have cable, we watch everything on streaming. Yeah, like the internet. No, I don't think you can get Fox News on this, can't we just watch the Thanksgiving parade? I'm not sure if any gay people will be kissing this year, no, I guess you can just walk out of the room if that happens.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Instead of mashed potatoes we're doing mashed turnips this year. You'll never tell the difference!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

The turkey is too spicy?! I didn't season it with anything that spicy. Wait... are you talking about the pepper?! The black pepper is too spicy for you?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
You only got one pack of rolls? You think everybody here's gonna eat half a roll? Somebody has to go back to the store.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

AARD VARKMAN posted:

You only got one pack of rolls? You think everybody here's gonna eat half a roll? Somebody has to go back to the store.

Everything's closed on Thanksgiving :smug:

Hey could you grab a pack of smokes on your way back?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Store bought rolls? Really??

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

redshirt posted:

Store bought rolls? Really??

my favorite rolls come in a can crescent rolls baby that's right

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

bradzilla posted:

Everything's closed on Thanksgiving :smug:

Hey could you grab a pack of smokes on your way back?

Check in the kitchen I just opened a carton of cowboy killers

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I could really use a hand peeling these potatoes.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

gonna go for a walk with my cousin and definitely not shotgun beers and smoke weed in a park

*is 39 years young baby*

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Dude did you set Geemer and Smugworth at the same table? They're forums nemeses!

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
I'm bringing fistfuls of loose raisins to ruin everyone else's dishes

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I kill someone for putting marshmellows in the sweetpotato

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Did you hear that Jim's daughter wants to do a land acknowledgement before we say grace this year?

It's racist against Christians!!

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I kill someone for putting marshmellows in the sweetpotato

how do you feel about raisins

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkzexyUMlcc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Don't let Aunt Luanne do the blessing this year. Last year she started talking about The Rapture and it scared the kids. Hell, it scared me, too. Just tell her that she can do a special speech after the meal, she's all doped up on oxy anyway, she won't remember.