Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yeah can we get a Sides survey? Anyone bringing real cranberry? Artichoke? A salad for the veggie kids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

redshirt posted:

Yeah can we get a Sides survey? Anyone bringing real cranberry? Artichoke? A salad for the veggie kids?

Oh hey its me your perpetually single aunt who's a bit fed up with all of this "traditionalism" around the holidays. I've brought along a traditional Punjabi Mutton Curry to add an international flair to the afternoon. I've also brought a 1L bottle of red wine that is clearly from CVS that I will mostly drink myself.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
I'm from New Zealand, so I'm not sure what to bring.

I'll bring beer. You drink beer in America, right?

And wine. If I can figure out whether Californian Chardonnay goes with both pumpkin and marshmallows at the same time.

If you need me, I'll be in the attic with Steve.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

I know you've been waiting and now finally, someone - me - has brought the pearl onions.

spank my snatch fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 21, 2023

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Why don't you go help your grandfather put the jigsaw puzzle together. Yes, it's the same one we do every year but he doesn't remember that.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
you bring the sweet potato I'll bring the marshmallow spread

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"Aunt J's Jellied Green Thing"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I whipped up this hotdog-tuna aspic with ketchup-mustard gelatin and pickle relish garnish that I found in this old GOOD DAYTON COOKING cookbook from 1970

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Guys, your Uncle Earl keeps asking my opinion of the 2nd Amendment, and I'm not sure what to tell him.

Did any of you pat him down when he got here?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Guys, your Uncle Earl keeps asking my opinion of the 2nd Amendment, and I'm not sure what to tell him.

Did any of you pat him down when he got here?

Unfortunately this is an open carry Thanksgiving

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Yeah, sorry, making all this food is taking a little longer than we thought. By the looks of it I think the turkey should be done around 8. Then we just gotta let it rest, carve it up, make some gravy from the drippings, and we're good!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pie Check in! Who's bringing a pie? Name your pie if so.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
Turn on the dog show. Yes I promise I won't get intense about it like last year. Look you and I both know it's complete loving bullshit - And I'm not going to watch my language around your kids, Martha, they deserve the truth too - it's complete bullshit that a French bulldog took best in show.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Redshirt, two of your aunts are in a heated debate about who stole Great-Aunt Cathy's necklace when she died.

I'll distract one with a slice of pumpkin pie, you ask the other to look after the kids in the pool for a while.

Thanksgiving is a lot like a New Zealand Christmas.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Redshirt, two of your aunts are in a heated debate about who stole Great-Aunt Cathy's necklace when she died.

I'll distract one with a slice of pumpkin pie, you ask the other to look after the kids in the pool for a while.

Thanksgiving is a lot like a New Zealand Christmas.

Copy that Tower. Going in...

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

*brings scratch made green beans casserole made with fresh mushrooms, green beans, and fried onions*

Nobody wants that poo poo nerd

Chinatown posted:

*slaps the tray outta your hand and all over the floor*

biiiitch!!!!!

:hmmyes:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Anyway why’s there a dick-sized hole in the mashed potatoes?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Larry Cum Free posted:

Please take your tits out of my mac & cheese. I worked very hard on it.

I'm afraid it's a bit late for that.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Ok everyone light your candles and stand on a corner of the pentagram. Grandma, would you like to lead us in a song of eternal lament?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

ain’t no terlet paper again

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chief McHeath posted:

Just use a paper towel you can flush them

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

Jesus there were 6 rolls in there!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

*takes deep breath*

So you should really get a bidet…

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...
I brought traditional mincemeat pie. Dig in everyone!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

redshirt posted:

whats done is done :shrug:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

whats done is done :shrug:

Yeah I'm calling in an X-Men extraction squad for your removal.

X Squad 3, copy. I've tagged him, take him home.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Okay, can someone explain the rules of this "football" to me? The commentators keep talking about someone's "tight end', and I want to know whose rear end I should be looking for.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Okay, can someone explain the rules of this "football" to me? The commentators keep talking about someone's "tight end', and I want to know whose rear end I should be looking for.

I'm suddenly interested in football for once.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Grey Cat posted:

I'm suddenly interested in football for once.

Wait until you hear about "Penetration" and "Plugging the Gap".

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Anderson Koopa posted:

Wait until you hear about "Penetration" and "Plugging the Gap".

I can't wait, though I'm more of a visual learner.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Distorted Kiwi posted:

It's kinda like Rugby

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

It's kinda like Rugby

So it's got hookers?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

So it's got hookers?

Don't stir up poo poo D!

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

redshirt posted:

It's kinda like Rugby

Yeah, but I said they were pussies for wearing helmets, and now one of the Texas cousins wants to fight me.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

*takes deep breath*

So you should really get a bidet…

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Distorted Kiwi posted:

So, I've thought a lot about this and haven't really had a forum to share it with anyone. Baseball is the hardest sport to understand from a soccer background. I suggest that Soccer (football) every where else is the simplest sport to learn and understand. All you need is a ball and a net, ball goes in net you get points.

Basketball - We just put the net really high up and you use your hands, no big deal.
Ice Hockey - Still have a net, but now we have ice skates and a puck. Same general idea.
Golf - No net, but we have a hole in the ground and a ball, same goal, put the ball in a general area.
Rugby / American Football - No net, but if you get the ball to a certain part of the field, you get points. There is also a huge pole that you can kick the ball through for points.

Baseball...In Baseball when your team is in possession of the ball, you can not score. The entire goal is to give the ball back to the other team so you have a chance to score. Also there's no clock.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Anderson Koopa posted:

So, I've thought a lot about this and haven't really had a forum to share it with anyone. Baseball is the hardest sport to understand from a soccer background. I suggest that Soccer (football) every where else is the simplest sport to learn and understand. All you need is a ball and a net, ball goes in net you get points.

Basketball - We just put the net really high up and you use your hands, no big deal.
Ice Hockey - Still have a net, but now we have ice skates and a puck. Same general idea.
Golf - No net, but we have a hole in the ground and a ball, same goal, put the ball in a general area.
Rugby / American Football - No net, but if you get the ball to a certain part of the field, you get points. There is also a huge pole that you can kick the ball through for points.

Baseball...In Baseball when your team is in possession of the ball, you can not score. The entire goal is to give the ball back to the other team so you have a chance to score. Also there's no clock.

Which is why Australian Rules football should be the Universal Sport. Kick it, punch it, run with it, whatever. Just kick it between the sticks, mate.

If you miss, we’ll give you a point for trying.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Baseball is just cricket but boring.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Grey Cat posted:

Well, that’s starting a new argument with the Texas cousins, I’m off the hook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Grey Cat posted:

Baseball is an excuse to day drink outside in nature.