Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

What the hell am i going to do with 15 pounds of leftover turkey?

This isnt a joke post wtf am i gonna do with all this

Bait traps in the forest, catch more turkeys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Sorry I got here late, but I brought the traditional holiday raccoon:

https://twitter.com/sweetraccoons/status/1727725274387591663?t=Z05egB1BQS4SuHOewLxkHg&s=19

someone else gotta cook it tho

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
Our historical reenactment of the first Thanksgiving went well.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
you call that carving a turkey i'll host next year and teach you to carve a loving turkey

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Separate the big hunks of dark meat, reheats well in the oven for basically thanksgiving round 2. Carve off the white meat for sandwiches/snacks. Leave a good chunk of meat on the overall carcass, break that in chunks and freeze it, make soup/stew from it. Depending on how much leftover you got and how quickly people can go through it, it's pretty doable with minimal waste.

Leftovers are like my favorite part though, I smoke the bird so the breasts are incredibly tender/juicy and perfect as a coldcut so they don't last long. I like to save the legs/thighs cause they heat back up well in the oven without drying out so much. The stock you can make from the carcass is crazy good for a variety of things, usually I'll make split pea soup because the smokey flavor really hits perfect (which makes sense as it's often made with smoked hamhocks).

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Lions lost.

It's a tradition!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Eclipse12 posted:

Lions lost.

It's a tradition!

Uncle Jack the Lions fans losing it in the garage.

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
one toilet in the house and uncle dick clogged it. hes mad theres no poop knife

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

redshirt posted:

Uncle Jack the Lions fans losing it in the garage.

Uncle Jimmy refusing to use the new name for the Washington football team and causing trouble with the youngeons.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Thesaurus posted:

We were going to eat in a couple hours, but my brother in law just rolled in with the turkey and is currently googling how to cook it. Looks like it will be about 4 hours ... At least it's thawed

Update: still waiting on the turkey... No increase in internal temperature in the last 40 min :ohdear:

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
You don't like your turkey medium-rare?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol you better order out to whatever's open if you want to eat something today other than undercooked turkey.

What kind of goober is so clueless about how much of a pain in the dick it is to cook a turkey that you just bring one over and Google how to cook it at the destination?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Breaks out the Distraction Jaeger

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Shove some burning charcoal in there.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Wendigee posted:

Lol you better order out to whatever's open if you want to eat something today other than undercooked turkey.

What kind of goober is so clueless about how much of a pain in the dick it is to cook a turkey that you just bring one over and Google how to cook it at the destination?

Lmao, My bro in law.To be clear, this is actually happening and not a fun "ITT" style post. Also to be clear, we are hosting our first thanksgiving without the matriarchs/grand parents in town.

I had all of my sides and dishes prepped last night and my HOMEMADE pies in the oven at 7am so that they'd be cooled for whet I thought was a theoretical lunch hour start time for our meal.

We've since cooked a frozen pizza to tide over the hungry children.

My sis in law also called dibs on cooking green bean casserole, and I was assured that she does a good job with it. surprise! It's just canned green beans dumped together with a can of soup and then canned fried onions. I had offered to make it from scratch.....

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

Lmao, My bro in law.To be clear, this is actually happening and not a fun "ITT" style post. Also to be clear, we are hosting our first thanksgiving without the matriarchs/grand parents in town.

I had all of my sides and dishes prepped last night and my HOMEMADE pies in the oven at 7am so that they'd be cooled for whet I thought was a theoretical lunch hour start time for our meal.

My sis in law also called dibs on cooking green bean casserole, and I was assured that she does a good job with it. surprise! It's just canned green beans dumped together with a can of soup and then canned fried onions. I had offered to make it from scratch.....

My advice? Break out the Distraction Jaeger.

Shots!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Throw a massive tanty and leave imo.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I love canned green bean casserole lol but I'm white trash so *shrug*

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

redshirt posted:

My advice? Break out the Distraction Jaeger.

Shots!

Starting to make Manhattans...

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Wendigee posted:

I love canned green bean casserole lol but I'm white trash so *shrug*

I'm not opposed to it... I was just told that the dish was one of her "specialties"

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Thesaurus posted:

Starting to make Manhattans...

I like mine dry

*takes bottle of bourbon*

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Thesaurus posted:

I'm not opposed to it... I was just told that the dish was one of her "specialties"

Lol the recipe involves 3 cans and a dish to bake it in.. white trash casserole recipe is on the lid of the fried onions.

I've never heard of anyone doing it from scratch before I bet it doesn't taste like childhood!

My sister usually makes it and her husband just destroys it there's never left overs.

Anyone who can read and turn on an oven can make it and anyone that likes salt and Campbell's cream of mushroom soup (but I repeat myself) will eat it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Oh don't you wag your finger at me!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ill just eat the cream of mushroom soup right from the can if it will make you happy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Heads up, Uncle Bill is looking for the bowl of keys!

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
YOU CARVED THE loving TURKEY WRONG, WHERE IS THE DARK loving MEAT, I KNEW IT WAS A MISTAKE TO TRUST THANKSGIVING TO YOU YOU loving IDIOT I SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED THIS FROM YOU

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Welp, these Christmas lights ain't gonna hang themselves.

*goes outside in the pitch dark, drags the ladder out of the garage, is more than a little drunk*

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Had Christmas lights on two neighbors houses since Halloween lol.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Mom, come sit down so we can say grace! Mom! MOM! Why are you cleaning? Dinner's ready! It's fine that there's no macaroni and cheese. No, we don't have time to bake the frozen one, everyone's ready to eat now. It takes like 45 minutes to bake. It's no big deal, there's so much food already. Alright, alright, go ahead and throw it in the oven, but please be quick, we're all waiting. Here, we already fixed you a plate. It's getting cold. Where are you going? The laundry is FINE. Just come sit down. Mom!

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Why are you eating? We have to wait for mom.

Mom! Come sit down! Just so we can get started. Mom!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I couldn't even read that but it looked a bunch of bullshit

Nov 24, 2023

redshirt posted:

Pie Check in! Who's bringing a pie? Name your pie if so.

Shrunken Roadkill

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Thesaurus posted:

It sounds like you and your sibling are both terrible at choosing spouses.

You should have married each other that way you would be guaranteed perfect Thanksgivings.

112323_2
Nov 24, 2023

Vakal posted:

guaranteed perfect Thanksgiving

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

According to my headcanon, John Candy moves in with Steve Martin's family for awhile and Martin gets him a job with his marketing company and Candy, being an excellent salesman, makes a good living and starts a new life and he stays friends with Martin forever the end.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
What do you mean the turkey's almost done? We already had the turkey. No, I don't know about "second turkey".

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Bass starts thumping from garage

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Ok, I better go check if they need any more cranberry in there amongst the throbing bass.

By the way has anyone seen Climax haha by Gasper Noel, wouldn't it be funny if someone put PCP in the drinks, for a prank.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Danny? Danny!

*knocks on guest room door

Danny! Time to get up!