Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.
My lady and I just finished Assault Android Cactus.

It had a story I guess but really it was a polished and quirky twin stick shooter that was perfect for couch co-op. Highly recommend if you enjoy a challenge and adorable androids. Great music too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
I just beat Hoverbat's Zelda 2 remake and it was pretty fantastic. Full of lots of little quirks and secrets and additions that allowed me to actually enjoy my time with Zelda 2 which I didn't think was possible. it even turns out after you beat it that there's a second quest, not sure if I've got the energy for that.

Overall a fantastic experience, if you can't find it (Nintendo can be pretty litigious) let me know, I might know a guy.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

...Now my dilemma is that I'm in the mood for more Metal Gear, but I'm out of easily playable ones aside from MGSV...

There are two(3) obscure metal gear solid titles that I highly recommend.

Check out Ghost Babel on the game boy color if you want something a little more old school, and check out metal gear acid or metal gear solid peacewalker both on the PSP.

Ghost Babel was really incredible, fantastic sneaking and gameplay; whereas metal gear acid is a big departure from what you're used to and could be just the thing to round out your experience. If you want more of the same, peacewalker has a bit of a grind to it, but it only feels grindy if you dislike metal gear, which given how much praise you have for it, I think that won't be a problem for you.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

...So I think I'm probably done with that one, I'd be back in a second if I could get over those fights.

I can understand that, it took a significant shift in my game play to figure out what Kojima was asking of me to beat some of them. However, the helicopter battle in the jungle (near the waterfall?) is the highlight of that game for me, 2nd being the 1st tank battle, but as you continue to face it, your gear changes and each battle became an intricate MGS puzzle and "puzzle mode" on MGS VR missions was my jam.

I'm trying to get MGS4 to run like I see on Youtube and I know it has something to do with this (removed) video, but I have never messed with RPCS3 builds so implementing it is beyond me for the moment.

oxyrosis fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 14, 2024

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
I feel the same way about Ac!d but drat it I'm so invested in the series I need to just do it.

Also, the story gets weird and I like it. I hear Ac!d 2 is better so I gotta beat 1 first I guess.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

gallilee posted:

Outcast A New Beginning.

I just started playing it because they put it on a ridiculous sale recently and I've known of the OG since 2008-9.

I like it and am really surprised at the symphony of both music and atmosphere this game exudes. It's like I'm playing from a setting in one of my old Heavy Metal magazines, and it's really exciting and engaging stuff because of that masterful blend.

The voice acting, at least in the farms, is the only flaw I see in it really. It's almost as if they found VA people who are both not confident in English AND trying to sound foreign. The voice modulation is also a choice that they made.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

FutureCop posted:

I suppose I could always go on a wiki dive.

This is a 2 parter, it has some serious spoilers but if you really want to know what is going on beyond what they clearly show you, this is an excellent video. It's also excellent nightmare fuel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l2UfkRjEz0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4-WEAFNZSM

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

Vookatos posted:

1. Super Spy Hunter

If you're trying to get into NES games, and the look is important to you, and you could get through the hell that is super spy hunter ; You've really got to try out Little Samson.

It has a stupid name because of the localization for English speakers, but drat if it doesn't have some of the most beautiful sprite work on the system. It also has much more fair combat systems then super spy Hunter.

I also recommend playing the famicom version, because the bosses and levels were mixed up according to what Nintendo executives in the '80s thought Americans would want. It's a slightly better story the way the programmers intended.

oxyrosis fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

nesamdoom posted:

a punch only character.

Playing Bethesda games melee only is the best way to do it. Punch only, is usually ridiculously overpowered much faster than the time it takes to acquire super weapons.

I played fallout 3 with only the pneumatic powered brass knuckles with hilarious success.