Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

hemborger

consider it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Heran Bago posted:

I finished Death Stranding Directors Cut. Whew.
Some games I beat before that were like, Nier Automata, FFVII Remake, Pikmin 4, Elden Ring, and Tears of the Kingdom. I've gotten so used to big game completely blowing away my expectations that I'm completely hosed trying to choose a new one. I haven't been hit this hard with the listlessness between games in a while.

The hell am I supposed to play after Death Stranding?

Death Stranding 2 obviously

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

it's hard to overstate how ahead of their time mgs1 and 2 were, 1 in particular was trying to do all kinds of poo poo with controls and scenarios at a time when "a platformer but 3d" was pretty good

I'm still hearing about stupid bullshit hidden in 2

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Death Stranding also answers the question of "what if Kojima got to make what he wants with no one to tell him no"

(it rules)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Spuckuk posted:

Beat Sekiro after never finishing it the first time round.

Inner Ishin is a prick of a fight but very fair and awesome.

The game in general is an absolute masterpiece of gameplay. Story isnt as interesting as some of the other fromsoft games but lord does it feel good when the combat clicks.

masterpiece was the exact word I used when I finished it

that combat man

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

Thanks for the positive feedback, y'all! Days Gone has got me in an open-world map-em-up mood and I'm tempted to give Horizon: Zero Dawn another shot. I remember it being kind of the opposite: an inspired setting and story that punches below its weight class, because the same AAA-bloat systems that work so well in DG become an incongruous mess of busywork in HZD. Curious to see if that's still how I feel about it, because that's a game I wanted to like a lot more than I did, and it seems like a good time to give it a shot ahead of Forbidden West's PC port.

beeline the main story, don't get wrapped up in any side stuff and it's a good time

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

DD reminds me of the latter half (and many other aspects) of FF15

You can clearly see it wasn't done, but you can also see the edges and the shape of the thing they wanted to make, and it was a pretty cool thing

DD2 is hopefully going to be all the bits colored in fully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

SchwarzeKrieg posted:

I'm continuing to dive down the rabbit hole of mods and map packs; "Doom rules actually" is not exactly a hot take, but it's very much the correct one. Doom rules, actually.

I take a very dim view of nostalgia, especially around games

Doom is not that, at all