Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I got to 100% in the Talos Principle 2 and I'm already writing up my list of games to post in the goty thread. I've played over 100 (probably even 150) and I'm narrowing it down to the top 50.

At the very bottom is final fantasy 2 pixel remaster. You'll just have to wait for the goty thread to see more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

So I decided I'm gonna do the Remnant series and yes I started with Chronos: Before the Ashes.

Already finished the game and it wasn't that bad. A little stiff and outdated but it helps build an interesting world. Can't wait to see what happens with Remnant: From the Ashes.

Also started a replay of Metal Gear Solid using the new Master Collection. Game still holds up well but I overestimated how much gameplay there is between codec calls/cut scenes/boss fights. It's really a small game, small area.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

That's the one game from the collection I haven't played, and it's part of what's holding me off until a good sale price. Everything I know about it sounds very solid :dumbrim:, there's just not a huge amount of game there.

I decided to get it full price because they actually did a decent job with the collection and to be honest my only playable copies are on ps3 now and I'd take any chance to eliminate reasons to take the ps3 out.

Now I could use remasters of the ps3 armored Core games...

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

ZCKaiser posted:

I just beat In Stars and Time, an indie RPG that just came out. It's really good! Very charming, I love the cast, the main crew are all well fleshed out characters and a joy to watch interact. Probably my favorite RPG of the year even above Octopath 2 and Baldur's Gate 3.

I actually have my eye on that game. How long did it take to beat?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I finished the new final fantasy xvi dlc. Good stuff but it's essentially more of the game so it's not a high priority for a lot of people I think.

Second dlc is likely to be way more interesting.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I just finished Dread X Collection 2 which was great more importantly I did it all on the steam deck. I had to do the occasional key rebind here and there but otherwise it was a great experience!

Downloading dread x 3 now

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I finished Tinykin! Great short but sweet game.

I'm starting up god of war 3 remastered because the new gow ragnarok Valhalla dlc left me wanting more.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Get Innocuous! posted:

I just beat Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective and wow what an underappreciated gem of a game. Now I want to replay it just so I can try and spot all the foreshadowing.

That's what just doggies do!!!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I finished Dredge

It rules but it is pretty short if you're mainlining the main quest. Great horror fishing game though.

I went for 100% which easily doubled my playtime.

I'm starting The Surge 2 next!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I beat the Surge 2. I still like the first game better but the second is better in every way except probably level design/environments and story.

Thinking of starting Valkyrie Profile next.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Finished Elevator Action Returns - S-Tribute

Neat little game, they fleshed out an old arcade game by a lot.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I hope this thread sticks around. It's a great place to see who is playing what and talk about games we finished.

Anyways, I finished Tyrion Cuthbert Attorney of the Arcane. Great game for ace attorney fans. Really stands on its own in the later half. Can't wait to see what they do with a potential second game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Finished Far: Lone Sails.

Not a bad interesting little game about keeping a machine running as you go through a desolate landscape. I should check out the sequel.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I beat Far: Changing Tides

I even did the prior game: Far: Lone Sails.

Both games rule. They stratched a certain itch of keeping a huge machine going and exploring desolate wastelands.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Just beatFar Cry Primal

I bought it cheap years ago, saved it to stratch the ubisoft open world itch whenever I got it.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Solar Ash beaten. Interestingly enough it felt very similar to the Gravity Rush games.

Solid game though, doesn't overstay it's welcome too much. Didn't feel like beating it another two times to get all the trophies though.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I finished Metal Gear 1/2!

Very neat little games they were really interesting for their time. Too bad they still have some really bad design decisions like how much back tracking there is.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I beat Blasphemous 2. I'm one trophy away from the plat but I'll do it later.

Despite this game being better than many ways than the first, I think I still like the first more. I think part of it is, blasphemous 2 is more of the same, for good and the bad that implies.

They did make the game a smidgen easier, it goes a lot easier on you and the beginning pacing is better. (spikes and falls no longer instant kill you)

But the first was still unique, especially for it's time so that's why I think I have to give it props more. For what it's worth, blasphemous 1 made my 2023 goty top ten in the thread but I think blasphemous 2 will miss being top ten.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Oh hey just beat Remnant From the Ashes. Didn't realize how close I was to the end of the game.

I loved this games twist on the souls-formula. I know the randomness isn't as well appreciated by the general audience but it's interesting how this game feels like a Diablo-souls game but with a bigger focus on Guns

I also played the prequel: Chronos Before the Ashes and it was surprising how much stuff is in both games. I saw some familiar enemies and locations.

I guess I have to check out remnant 2 huh. Is it similar to this, with the guns and all?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Vookatos posted:

Ufouria: The Saga 2

Ufouria 2 priomises at once to be a remake and a sequel to a cute not well-known Metroidvania from 1991. And... It's neither, actually.
I'm a little confused about what this game is trying to be, but I believe the answer to its strange nature is simple: developers had basically no budget.

Ufouria 2 feels like a sequel to Kirby's Dream Land 3 with incrimental gameplay. You have a hub which leads into multiple levels, some splitting into a few more, and throughout you basically just collect coins and cans. Doing that will stock vending machines allowing you to buy more collectibles and upgrades.

This game is short if you beeline the story and grindy otherwise, asking you to go through the same levels again and again. Granted, levels are somewhat random: taking pre-made chunks and rearranging them, but that doesn't make them feel that different on each time you enter.

What saves this game is its absolutely amazing atmosphere: cute graphics mixed with a lot of 4koma-like dialogue really make this game better than its gameplay would.

It's a cute title, but I wouldn't recommend buying it at asking price. My adventure was over at around 3 hours, and even if I were to grind out the last things I doubt I haven't seen much. Even going through the game normally it falls apart in the last 20% or so by reusing levels and for whatever reason presenting them as new.

It's charming, and I've enjoyed my time with it, but it is a mess.

Awman that's a shame. I'd still probably check it out for ten bucks though. Will just have to wait for a sale.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Shard posted:

Yeah I'm not gonna finish it. I just got bored. I should have known better too. The exact same thing happened in the first game and this was just the same game but better

It's really interesting how I keep hearing that dragon's dogma 2 keeps making the same highs and lows, the same mistakes, design decisions.

It really is essentially the first game remade huh?

For my contribution, I finished Rise of the Ronin.

Really enjoyable but much better if you love team ninja games.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

grate deceiver posted:

Yeah, I was hoping for something more, but it's pretty much the exact same game, just the world is bigger and graphics are prettier.

I enjoyed it a lot, but the price is an insane ask for a remaster of a 10yo game.

It's also crazy because on every current platform, dragon's dogma 1 with the Dark arisen content has been on sale multiple times for $5.

I'm actually going to end up skipping dd2 because I've got a ps4 copy of dd1 I need to actually play. Once I do I bet dd2 will get their own dark arisen content and also be on sale much cheaper.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Beat Remnant 2

In the last six months I've conquered Chronos: Before the Ashes, Remnant:From the Ashes and now Remnant 2 (and got the platinum trophy on every single one)

Fun games, it was really interesting to see how the series evolved. Waiting for remnant 2 second and third dlc right now. Can't wait to see what this studio does next. Remnant 2 improved so much over remnant 1, like for example, boss battles don't have as much enemy mobs backing them up now!

It totally counts as a Souls-like so this is definitely going on my list of conquered Souls-likes, I still need to get to lies of p, thymesia, steel rising, hell point and the new Lords of the Fallen.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 19, 2024

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Morpheus posted:

Man, I platinumed Remnant solo and the bosses having just numerous spawns was the absolute worst thing dragging it down. Felt like every fight played out the same. Remnant 2's bosses are so much more interesting.

No kidding. I had someone help out a bit with my first run of remnant 1 campaign which allowed me to get good stuff for cleaning up the rest of the trophies but yeah seriously, I can see that making people put down the game. Also the first world bosses can be pretty tough solo (I found the other world bosses to be easier weirdly so)

Remnant 2 is definitely a lot easier to solo, but doing coop is more fun and easier for trophies too (especially hunting traits, there's only a fee you can get in multi-player)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I just finished Final Fantasy 16 - Rising Tides dlc (leviathan)

It's really good. It feels just as good as any of the content in the main game.

Gonna clean up a few trophies in it and then start Dave the Diver!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Snake Maze posted:

Replayed Sin & Punishment for the thousandth time. Rare example of a perfect video game; the gameplay is incredibly solid, the levels are constantly varied and packed full of little nuances and bits of interactivity, the graphics look great and are visually clear even at the busiest times, the soundtrack is full of good songs, and even the story is perfectly suited to a short score attack game, with its media res narrative that makes more sense every time you watch it. Everything comes together into a single package so perfectly, I genuinely can’t think of a single thing that would improve it. It’s just a densely packed hour of flawless design.

The old earth will die soon, killed by the very people it fed.