Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Beat FF4 pixel remaster last night on my journey of beating 1-15.

It was… fine. Overall I liked FF3 more but as far as quality they are about the same. Wasn’t as good as I heard and I’m mostly just excited to start FF5 again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

pocket pool posted:

I just finished Sea of Stars over the weekend - the game was pretty good and hit a lot of the same notes that the SNES-era JRPGs did. However, I was fairly disappointed in the final act of the game and specifically the ending. It feels like there were a couple of story elements that ultimately amounted to nothing.

Given the price and how solid the rest of the game was, I would still say that it was a good game overall. Sounds like they're going to do some DLC, so maybe they'll revisit some of the poo poo they left unresolved/resolved lazily.

I liked it up to the actual sea of stars. Everything from that point on felt extremely rushed and lazy. The alternative ending for 100%ing the game is even worse, IMO.

Just finished FF5 a few days ago and I'm excited to do a job fiesta next year. I did all the content except for the Shinryu fight and it did make the game drag out a little longer than it needed to be, but I'm still glad I did. Started FF6 again (Completed FF1-FF5 this year) and the leaps in quality over each game is remarkable.