Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I beat Death Stranding again, which was great fun. The thing I enjoy the most about that game is getting into fights, beating guys in the face with boxes of canned food and other goods. That game has a lot of good idea and I'm interested to see where it goes in the sequel. It was a shame that most of the fun equipment came towards the very end of the game after most of it really mattered, like rocket/grenade launchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

A friend and I completed A Way Out today. It's a pretty decent game where you have 2 characters who share a narrative path, and do a bunch of QTE's to get through different events to help each other out. It is co-op only so you can't try it out by yourself to see if you'd like it first. It's currently 85% off on Steam and I wouldn't pay much more than that tbh, because we beat it in under 6 hours. I bought it based on the premise alone. If you enjoy stuff from Telltale Games you will probably enjoy this.

One downside imo for PC was the required EA Games launcher. I also had to adjust some settings to solve a crash to desktop, but my friend didn't have that problem - solution I used is here https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/n6ug5t/please_help_a_way_out_crashing_to_desktop/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ApSmPvxz1o

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Coming back to it after many years, I finally beat a full run of FTL: Advanced on easy which can be notorious for frustrating RNG, but not so awful if you stick it out and figure out how you're supposed to play. Now that I feel like I get it, I can do a bunch of challenges to unlock the other ships and layouts, then beat the game with those as well.

2nd wave of the final fight can suck an rear end.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

phosdex posted:

Finally finished Baldurs Gate 3, final save is 102h. Steam says 132.7 hours total. I had to turn the difficulty to story mode because I was loving sick of the combat. I found it just tedious as poo poo. That and the camera were the parts that irritated me most by the end. At various times while playing I thought what it'd be like playing as a diff class, but I doubt I'll do a replay.

That's a shame since you can respec yourself and anyone in your party at almost any point during the game. I still haven't quite finished my first playthrough but I've tried 3 different classes. It helps that you can just spec up to whatever level you're currently at then take advantage of any gear you've put aside in the camp chest, as well as change appearance in the magic mirror. It is the next best thing to starting over again since I don't think you can change anything about your character background.