Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

I beat the PS4 ratchet and clank reboot last week before starting in on Rift Apart.

All the gameplay bits were fun and every visual aspect was great but the writing seemed real rough. Its like they forgot to establish any sort of relationship between any of the characters, so I never really knew or cared about who was talking on the radio. Also the prologue of Rift Apart referenced poo poo I just...didn't do in the first game? Or why is the boss that I dropped into a sun alive now?

The gameplay made up for it but it was just bizarre.

Rift Apart seems much better about all that though so I'm excited to play more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Unreal_One posted:

The reboot makes some more sense if you watch the movie, and Rift Apart makes more sense if you just ignore the reboot continuity completely or treat it as Qwark's version of events. This does mean that if you want to fully understand what's going on in Rift Apart you need to play several PS3 exclusives, but the prologue catches you up pretty well.

Ooooooooh that explains a lot. I had thought Rift Apart was just a direct sequel so thanks for clarifying that.