Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

junan_paalla posted:

I just finished my first successful run of Noita yesterday.
A handy, spoiler-free newbie guide told me the very basics of wand crafting and potion usage, and to take my time and farm gold in the easier areas in relative peace. I used a digging spell to make my regular pew-pew wand into a rapidfire one, which also gave it minor digging capabilities so I spent a while digging through the levels for more items and gold. I lucked out and found a thunder explosion spell that went perfectly with my enemies explode on death + explosion immunity perk, and it let me just blast through the levels and focus on picking more and more defensive perks.
The levels past the fourth one were completely new to me, I had no clue what to expect from the enemies and the environment so I tried my best to just keep my distance, clear enemies from far away and just head for the level exits asap. At one of the last shops before the bossfight at the bottom, I found a wand that chain-casted like 20 tentacles every time you used it, and it instantly deleted the boss while my game slowed down to a slideshow for around a minute.
What a crazy fun game, and there's apparently a ton of side content and secrets to explore once you get an appropriately powerful run going, can't wait to get deeper into it.

If you want a hint for a good "first secret":

Head back up to the mines, and go left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU