Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Lunacid is the only of those first three I've heard of before this, but those are some interesting picks.
I do approve of Dark Souls 2 gaming.

I beat The Painscreek Killings (PC) a few weeks back. Was alright, but didn't quite hold up to the promise of detective gaming. It's really more of an adventure game with more area to roam about, with a few annoying puzzles to boot. It's a little free-form, at least, but does eventually block enough behind finding some key items to narrow to the endgame, and despite decently pacing the revelations of what went down it kind of hands the answers over at the end, too. Also it's kind of continually amusing that everybody who moved out of town just left so much junk (including their many diaries) lying around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Beat Tales of the Neon Sea. Was an alright adventure game and pretty at times. Translation's spotty in parts, and the writing and scenario gets a bit precious at times. Bit padded by minigames and does an annoying thing where it highlights some interactions (including non-essential ones) but not all of them so you kind of have to mash the button as you go by people and scenery anyway. Vaguely frustrating in feeling like a lot of the world and supporting cast is introduced for further stories that may never materialize (the team's next game in development is under a different publisher and with a completely different universe), especially with the ending being a cliffhanger sequel hook.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Has the series affected your ladder opinions?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Shard posted:

My favorite part of Final Fantasy 1 is going to a dang space station and realizing that the game takes place in a post post apocalypse and is actually a sci-fi game!
Hey, it's also a a pre post post apocalypse. The past that Garland gets sent to is 2000 years before the rest of the game, but Tiamat only took over the Flying Fortress 400 years ago.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Metal Gear Solid takes a whole lot of cues from Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake.