Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RE3 OG. I will play 2 a hundred times again before I ever touch this again. I dislike every single system they've added to this game from 2 aside from the quick turn. Gunpowder is tedium, the live choices are not that interesting compared to actual scenarios, and Nemesis himself is more of a nuisance than a threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

RE3 OG. I will play 2 a hundred times again before I ever touch this again. I dislike every single system they've added to this game from 2 aside from the quick turn. Gunpowder is tedium, the live choices are not that interesting compared to actual scenarios, and Nemesis himself is more of a nuisance than a threat.

I've now beat the 3Remake as well. Glad I got this for ten and not sixty. 5 and a half hours for a playthrough, no mercs. Crazy. Alright game but not up to the standards set by the other REmakes. Story is also worse than the Original.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RE0 Amazing how some men will wake up and make Leeches their whole personality.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Beat RE7, game is real shaky during boss fights and in the back half. I'm running out of RE's to play, hopefully Village is good.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Finished Clocktower PS1 with ending D Jennifer. I was worried about the adventure game sections in between the classic clocktower gameplay at first but those with the shorter escape scenarios actually worked pretty well. The last scenario really dragged the game down for me though, Scissorman went from being an occasional threat to being an absolute chore at that point. I must've escaped him almost twenty times, and being as I seemed to run out of escape opportunities quickly most of those were leading him all the way to the outside door of the castle to drop him out. The beds all being too close to the ground to hid under and the closets too full of clothes was pretty funny the first time though. The Castle also is really oddly put together and I never got a full grasp of the geography despite the admittedly helpful differing door shapes.

Story WiseEdward being evil is almost too predictable. And I didn't really get any other answers, Harris was helping him because he wanted Jennifer and Barton seems to have killed himself in the Garden room so maybe he felt guilty for something or not? Was Kay helping Edward? I never even saw her again. The game also feels like it was missing a cutscene between going to England and the start of the Castle chapter. We're going there and then suddenly they realize Jennifer is gone and then you play as her and most of the cast is captured or dead. How did they even get into the Castle?

I actually think it won't be too bad once I play it again though, I got a dagger and a plate that seem to lead to a better ending but unfortunately I hosed up something and the only survivor I found was Nolan and Edward and I never managed to translate the note I found. Now I can avoid ninety percent of the interactables that only seem to move the Scissorman timer up.

Thank god for the hints though, I would've never guessed talking to Harris is what determined who you play as. I'm not sure what the one talking about the Terrace means though, just that you can escape into the room with the ghosts if you click on the ledge?