Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

H13 posted:

Kinda yes, but kinda no.

Star Control doesn't have any shooter elements.

But do you spend a lot of time flying to different planets, collecting resources, talking to aliens and saving the galaxy from an ancient evil? Yes.

There's a lot of Star Control in Mass Effect.

To be honest, if I was going to do a totally cynical modern reboot of Star Control in a way which didn't really respect the original and expected absolutely nothing of my audience? I'd have the gameplay of Mass Effect.

Mass Effect's plot is specifically a clear attempt to redo Star Control 3 of all things. And then they Star Control 3'd their already Star Control 3 series with Andromeda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ultima 1

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Endings A to E are not hidden.

F to Z, on the other hand

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Thing to remember about Rhythm Master is that you don't have to hit anything to keep the gauge up, just be doing things on the beat. Tined dodging and jumping and swinging at the air will keep you alive just fine.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The first two bosses of Nioh are notorious boogeymen that the rest of the game never quite lives up to, yeah.