Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Crossposting from Lies of P thread. It took me a long time to finish this game because I wasn't a big fan of it initially but it was worth it.

It's still feels a lot jankier than Souls games but it has its own identity and a very satisfying conclusion. Also some really cool weapons and puppet arms you can use. If you are a fan of Nier games you should definitely play this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

I get what they were aiming for, but Capcom's refusal to show us Ethan's face was just so weird. It'd be one thing if he was a blank slate of a character, but compared to other RE protags he had actual wants and desires that extended beyond "trying to survive this nightmare I'm stuck in."

I'm not claiming that he was a character with depth, but of all the RE characters they could have picked to be faceless I think he was the worst one.

Anyways, just wrapped up the main portion of Powerwash Simulator, and man, what a relaxing game. I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did

In 7 it makes sense because the environments are cramped and you gotta spend time looking at every nook and cranny for items. This wouldnt work in 3rd person.

In Village the environments are more open and there's less "we hid a coin in this flower pot".

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Village probably has the most entertaining villains in the series crammed into one game.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Just beat the story of Granblue Fantasy Relink. Not sure if I'm gonna play the postgame but the main quest was wonderful mix of RPG and character action game. Saying it's a tutorial for the real game is selling it short. It's well paced and the action keeps escalating to ridiculous heights.

Hopefully they'll add more story content eventually or do a sequel of some sort.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

5-Headed Snake God posted:

I just beat 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim last night. Not a perfect game, but the plot absolutely grabbed me and never let go. What an underappreciated gem of a game.

I'm not a huge fan of Vanillaware beat em ups but I think 13 Sentinels is their best game so I have high hopes for Unicorn Overlord's more tactical gameplay

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I dont think bare shoulders count as particularly inappropriate

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

fridge corn posted:

I beat Lies of P yesterday. What a phenomenal game. The only soulslike that I've been able to stand more than 10 minutes of let alone finish. Fantastic from beginning to end and the sequel hook is insane. I can't describe how much I want to play that next potential game right now lmao

I really hope we get a female protagonist. A soulslike with a magical girl would be very funny and cool.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Hoping Death Stranding 2 improves the combat, or just like removes it altogether. The challenge of traveling across the landscape and avoiding environmental hazards, was the best part of the first game.

Pretty sure the latest trailer for 2 showed combat or at heavily implied it with all sorts of new enemies.

theres cyborg samurais now

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Japanese MGS3 gameplay videos are amazing

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Plots in Nioh, Wo Long and Ronin don't really make sense unless you are familiar with the real events.

For example if you don't know who Iyeasu, Hideyoshi and Nobunaga are, the plot of Nioh game make no sense. But the games are essentially telling the story of 3 unifiers of Japan in a very breakneck pace.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I beat the msq of Rising Tide dlc in Final Fantasy 16 but didn't have the time to touch side stuff. It was shorter than I expected.

20 bucks for such short story is a lot to ask, but at least you get meaningful content to go along with it such as 2 new Eikons and a DMC bloody palace like survival mode.

Definitely rekindled my interest in FF16 I hope we might still get a balance / qol patch.

I think the scoring system in Arcade Mode is still kinda broken and it favors stalling fights for extra points. I don't care about hi scores but I'd like to get S ranks for the missions

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I cleared my first run of 30XX, the Megaman roguelike.

What a game. I can't say it was much of an accomplishment tho because I found a completely broken set of augments that gave nearly unlimited HP and armor. I think I had like 300 hp and 360 armor points in the final boss.

Now the game unlocked a bunch of stuff like difficulty modifiers and boss rush. Thats neat.

Edit: ahah I forgot I had turned on assist mode for my kid. My gamer cred is ruined

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Apr 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I beat 30xx.. Again! This time without accidentally leaving assist mode on. Final boss nearly killed me but a sub tank saved me during the final chase.

Great roguelike. Very addicting if you enjoy Megaman games.