Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I recently beat Moonring, which is a free (free((free))) RPG on Steam that is strongly influenced by 80s RPGs like Ultima 4. It has a very cool retro aesthetic, catchy music, and really does feel like you're playing a game from that era. It was made by one of the codevelopers of Fable.

This inspired me to replay Ultima 4 itself, on the xu4 port. It's revolutionary in that the goal isn't to save the world, defeat the evil villain, or rescue the princess. The goal is simply to become a better person, reflected by becoming an avatar of the eight virtues. Everyone should play it. Ultima 4 is free on GOG.

I'm working on Ultima 6 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

H13 posted:

I remember when Mass Effect came out, I bounced off it because it wasn't as good as Star Control 2.

So I recently gave ME another shot. I bounced off it again.

...and went and beat Star Control 2. Stupid good game that one is.

Well, pop my pupae! Good job on beating a good game.