Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Me walking around Death Stranding, delivering stuff, helping and being helped by other people: This game rules I love it sm

Me in combat or stealth or basically anything gameplay that's not traversing the world: Why am I doing this whyyyyyyy*

* It's not like bad but more like not what appeals to me about the game at all so it just became a chore and I never finished it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I 100%ed Islets (which I got on EGS a short while ago) - it's a fun, relatively easy Metroidvania with a few notable twists:
- The theme is that there are five islands that have been split apart, and it's your job to connect them. As they come together, these five different mini maps converge into one giant map, and each convergence point opens up new paths from old dead ends. Functionally, I guess it's the same as pulling a lever in a game and suddenly 3-8 doors unlock that you couldn't bypass before, but it's fun to see how they line up!
- Travelling the world map involves you flying in airships around the sky; the few battles that in this style emulate a top-down roguelike shooter, think stuff like Star of Providence. Not much to do here otherwise though.
- The movement feels good. Your main character, Iko, gains running speed naturally, which paired with the floaty jump means you can get some great distances naturally. This pairs with a relatively forgiving level design where most of the challenges comes from dodging obstacles, projectiles, and enemies instead of pinpoint jumps onto small ledges.
- The traversal upgrade options are quite fun! While you can probably guess one of the earliest ones double jump, some of them are fun like the high speed climb and the arrow that shoots a path along its trail. There aren't many of these, and some are underused, but I had fun messing with them nonetheless.

Overall a good time! I think a solid 7/10 for me; no regrets playing it, enjoyed it a lot, just that the genre is stacked with some heavyweights so it's an easy recommendation...if you've already played the other easy recommendations, if you get what I mean.