Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Within the last couple of weeks, I've beaten two games:

Microcivilization is an overpriced clicker game that I can't really recommend to anybody not interested in its specific conceit of spanning the ages. I blasted through all the meaningful content in about 6 hours and then the next 12 hours was spent 100%ing all the achievements, which should tell you something about its design sensibilities. The dev is actively committed to making it better though, so despite myself I will probably keep checking in on it to see if future content releases do anything interesting.

On the other hand, I can't recommend Waves of Steel highly enough. A Goon-made arcade cavalcade of naval destruction, both in the sense that you are sending a boat rocketing off across the waves at unsafe speeds and destroying many other boats in the process. It took me about 13 hours to get through all of it (...well, technically I didn't finish the boat race sections, but those involve a level of finesse that the rest of the game isn't really asking from you), and it was a highly enjoyable experience. Even when I was frustrated at losing a particular mission, it just encouraged me to go back into the ship builder and figure out how to slap more missiles on top of a surfboard until nothing remained standing in my way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

LordAdakos posted:

I finally 100 percent'd vampire survivors. Just in time to hear they are releasing a new DLC on the 18th.

The game plays well on steam deck!

I also completed a rocket launch for the very first time with no mods in factorio. I will admit it took far too many hours but it was a fun accomplishment. I'm ready for my honorary degree in whatever engineering you get for completing that game.

Congrats! Factorio's probably the bigger achievement, but I certainly think that VS is the more fun one. Just finished off Adventures here in prep for the upcoming DLC.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

I just "finished" Roots of Yggdrasil, a roguelike city-builder in the vein of ISLANDERS meets Against the Storm. Quotation marks are here because the game doesn't appear to be entirely finished due to being in early access, so unless I can find some other source that says I missed out the game's story ending as long as I'm willing to grind all the way to the end of the upgrade tree, I'm counting a victory on maximum difficulty settings as effectively having beaten the game for now.

It's very enjoyable for what it is, but it definitely needs those few more months in the wringer to work out the bugs and really feel complete.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Pomeron posted:

20 Small Mazes - It's cute. It's free. There are small mazes, twenty of them.

On the recommendation of this post, went and beat this, and wish to second the comment.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Ah Enclave, very much the archetypal example of an Action RPG that I 100%'d and then 100% forgot about. Does the HD remake still include secret characters if you beat all the campaigns/collect all the gold?