Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Foul Fowl posted:

(lunacid ) (steam deck)

a really wonderful king's field-like. it's surprisingly short, maybe 10-12 hours, and it's one of those that easily could have been so much less than it is. it's not very difficult, and the combat and gameplay are pretty simple, but the combination of immaculate vibes, locations, limited saves, bopping music, and sense of mystery really come together to make it a fun and interesting game. it's the kind of game that has a lot of identical corridors but somehow you don't mind while playing. areas which seem incredibly difficult at first gradually open up, once you find suitable weapons and spells for them. the secrets feel significant. big recommend.

played a bunch of this, haven't completed but i still might it was only 2 weeks ago i drifted off for other games.

it's good, it's got a great atmosphere and constantly has this feeling of mystery about it because the levels are actually filled with secrets that aren't TOO hard to find but hard enough, plus it doesn't explain anything much upfront and the logic of the world makes no sense

the only thing is, it's so easy once you get magic and a ranged weapon that it is basically a walking simulator and the levels are gargantuan not in complexity but in square metres. it reminds me of late 90's/early 2000's games in a bad way before they figured out the sense of scale. bringing back this 'this hallway is about 20 times bigger than it needs to be' feeling is definitely intentional, but i think it is one of the things you don't bring back because it's just kinda boring.

but yeah, where i left it was deep in the terminus prison which was the coolest looking level so far and the castle before that was great, along with the accursed tomb. definitely a good game worth a few bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU