Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021
Beat Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It was... ok. I preferred the first one and X. Don't know if I want to wait a while then start Torna or do something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021

lordfrikk posted:

I couldn't even continue playing past a certain point, it just bored me to tears. Haven't played X but XB1 was a great game so I'm utterly confused now.

Totally understandable, XB2 has a lot of issues. I think I mainly did it to get it out of my backlog, but it did pick up significantly towards the end (end being 60+ hours in)

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021
Went back and finished Middle Earth: Shadow of War the other day. I had originally bought it after the lootbox stuff had been removed, but bounced off it several times over the years even though I really enjoyed the first one. Anyway, I finally settled into it again and things just clicked. The story and cutscenes were really good in a 'what if' sort of way (sans, maybe, stupid sexy Shelob). I enjoyed it enough to make an attempt at the Shadow Wars epilogue, but one of the captains was immune to virtually every thing I could throw at him and could heal to full in seconds, so after fighting him for 30 minutes I just watched the secret ending on youtube and moved on to the DLC. I don't know if they'll ever make a third one but Baranor is pretty cool.

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021

Snake Maze posted:

making my dad mad by printing out some 20 page breeding guide from Gamefaqs

Bonus points if they stage an intervention because they don't know what they're looking at

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021
I finished Like a Dragon Gaiden. Despite being a shorter side story of sorts I did most of the side content which I don't always do in Yakuza games, and the ending was moving. I've finished all the main Yakuza games and am now caught up to where Infinite Wealth kicks off, but I want to finish Lost Judgment first even though it's not really necessary.

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021
Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 felt like the weakest in the series to me. Narratively they set up some important stuff but they tend to drag for large portions.

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021
I agree that it feels a bit different, but I chalk it up to being a jump from 2e to 5e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021

cave emperor posted:

Rolled credits on A Plague Tale: Requiem, which was quite good.
On the whole, a solid 8 out of 10, I hope they get to make the present-day Plague Tale hinted at in the post-credit scene.

Oh hey, what a coincidence, I just finished Requiem today too.

I found myself nodding along to your review. The only thing I'd really add that Requiem felt a bit more forgiving with crafting resources - maybe because of being more open to experimentation, as you said. I appreciated that they gave you the choice to go fully kill-'em-all-with-a-crossbow if you want, or a more traditional sneaky route. I killed 'em all with a crossbow.