Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I beat Turnip Boy Robs a Bank. Much like it's predecessor, TBRaB is a fun and quick little game. I think I beat it in around 3 hours? And for a "Rogue-like" is crazy short. I still have a few side mission things I can go back and complete.

Definitely recommend! Spoiler text below for stuff on this game and the last game:

Like the last game, it's very easy... Right up until the last boss in which they decide to make it a lot harder. I put it on God Mode because the last section is dumb and long and I ain't got the time or patience to deal with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

abraham linksys posted:

i was really worried about this being a "roguelite" until i read that the levels are set and not procedurally generated, and now i'm wondering why the hell they called it a roguelite at all. just call it "run-based" or something!

Hah! Yeah it's different but I gotta say I'm a fan. It was really refreshing to have it be much more simple and run-based over the randomized everything that usually exists in the genre.

Anywho, I just beat Remnant 2. I forget what the subtitle/tagine for it is. It was a lot of fun! Didn't play the first and skipped through a lot of cut scenes. Co-op worked really well. Good levels (for the most part) and a lot of customization options for weapons and items. Really is Dark Souls with Guns in a lot of ways. If you ain't tried it and have Gamepass I'd recommend it.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Rolled credits twice today.
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth rules. It took just shy of 96 hours to complete this one. I love the cast on these games so much. I'm not a huge RPG fan but I'll gladly keep coming back for these ones.

I also played and wrapped up Fez. Not real sure why I was in the mood for it, but I downloaded and got to credits in about 4 hours. For whatever reason I dropped off it hard back when it first came out. Glad I gave it another go. Really love the art and the puzzles. There seems to be a whole lot of rabbit holes you can go down if you're looking to 100% this one, but no thanks for me right now.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Played through Oracle of Seasons and Ages for the first time. Seems like I follow the normal trajectory of enjoying Seasons more, but I did appreciate Ages for having more difficult puzzles. Glad I went back to give these a shot because they're really good Zelda games!

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Played through Botany Manor today and it was a joy. Quick game that I finished in a couple sessions on the same day. Fun puzzles, nothing too hard that I needed to use the internet to help solve tho. Bright and crisp graphics and a nice story that doesn't try to overshadow the gameplay. Played it on Gamepass and definitely recommend to anyone that likes Puzzle games or plants.