Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So I’m a little late to the party but I downloaded the Remnant games in February and man, was I hooked. I just completed my second 100% solo Apocalypse run and all I have left is hardcore apocalypse but I’m not sure I want to attempt it (nightmare was bad enough). May I present “Frank Frank’s melt literally everything and make Remnant 2 bosses a joke” build. Impress your friends! Annoy people online! Enjoy your weird/semi-useless rare items!*

So I fell in love with poison DoT builds in Path of Exile so I decided to try and translate it to Remnant 2 and boy howdy, with the recent buff to the Huntress’ spear, my dreams of melting everything in acid have become a reality and if I would be shocked if this doesn’t get nerfed in the future. DPS doesn’t seem crazy impressive at first but the ramp is loving crazy with the right rings. You can get upwards of 6 stacks of acid DoT on your target and then you can just sit back and laugh while everything dies.

Anyway, here’s the build:

Rings:
* Ahane Crystal. You’re gonna need to beat hardcore on at least veteran to collect it I think but I did it on nightmare. Easiest way to do this is roll Yaesha as your first world, make sure you get the Ravager quest line and then just refuse to fight him and shoot the doe to collect the ring. If you don’t want to gently caress with hardcore mode (which can be crazy frustrating), you can run burden of the destroyer which is almost as good.

* Timekeeper’s jewel. This is a must-have but it’s not hard to get.

* Singed ring which synergizes nicely with our shotgun.

* Stone of malevolence. Still best in class despite the nerf.

Amulet:
* Effluvium enhancer (no one uses this thing lol). This is the engine that is about to drive your insane damage.

Weapons:
* Sparkfire shotgun with corrosive rounds and fetid wounds (self explanatory)

* Nebula with harmonizer (you really only care about the mod).

Classes:
* Ritualist with Miasma
* Medic with the heal shield thing

Relic:
* Shielded heart with elemental damage, casting speed and mod damage.

For your skills see the sidebar and let me know if you want to know why I took what I did but amplitude, regrowth, spirit and expertise are musts. I probably should have gotten rid of long shot (was originally running Enigma) for something else now that I look at it.

Combat pattern for bosses:
Nail boss with your spear, use miasma, pop mod on nebula, switch to your shotgun, pop corrosive round and unload. Once you get a bunch of DoT stacks just sit back and laugh while the boss melts (especially efficient against tough bosses where you can distance yourself like Venom and Tal Ratha) but works just fine against Annihilation.

Use your shielded heart to tank damage you wouldn’t otherwise survive and use your medic heal in a pinch (which also shields you lol). Once the DoTs are applied you can just sit back and focus on surviving. The best part? About nothing resists acid/corrosion. Note that you do not need range to deal damage. So long as your falloff can deal ANY damage, you can apply DoTs and the shotgun auto-applies burn.

This has been my TED talk

* Corrupted savior owns and is not useless

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU