Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Recently wrapped up the Super Mario RPG remake. Game still holds up remarkably well, even if the new additions make an already easy game even easier.

I also recently finished another run of Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and have been chipping away at whatever constitutes its postgame during my night shifts. Still love this game to death. The plot might not hold a candle to its predecessors but I really appreciate the "fantasy sandbox" vibe it has going for it and the gameplay proper is as good as it gets for the Tactics games. I've never actually played FF12 beyond renting it at my aunt's place well over a decade ago when video rental stores still existed, so I picked it up on Steam during the winter sale. It's about time I put some context to all of FFTA2's references and guest stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Vookatos posted:

Yeah, once I saw Square Enix in the menu I figured some poo poo like this must've happened. I mean, it's the same company that nowadays does yearly "We love crypto/NFTs/AI" bullshit and seems to only care about Final Fantasy related properties.
Hope they can make more because even if it wasn't fully for me, the game deserves more than it got.

Square Enix is the shittiest company that still manages to have a pedigree in the industry. Nintendo might be a lovely company but you can at least expect their games to be good, meanwhile you've got the likes of Sega or Konami who can't stop getting in their own ways. Squeenix though? Total wild cards.